The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Air Guns

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Air Guns
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2020 07:14 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Got a stoeger .17 for Christmas.
It has been a royal pain. Can't get it close to sighting in.
The scope that came with it is totally useless.
Put another scope on it still not close.
Going to buy some other pellets next week when we get to the store we bought it at.
It doesn't have sights have to use a scope of some kind on it.
Would love to get it shooting correctly.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2020 07:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well the thing they say about those gadgets is that they will fuk up a normal scope. You have to use one designed for airguns.

First of all, I know next to nothing. You have CO2 airguns and you have pump up airguns that have a plunger gizmo, this is the problem because that piston causes a backwards reaction that regular scopes weren't designed to accommodate.

The main thing is, more money buys better quality. in air rifles and optics. That's all I got, good luck!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2020 09:59 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Needs an air gun scope they are violent on a regular scope!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2020 06:42 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I dink around a bit with a low dollar (Gamo) air rifle.
One thing that I have found to be true.
If you sight in off of a rest and then try to shoot off hand your point of aim will change.
Same if you sight in off hand then take a rest. Things change.
And just to throw another wrench in the gears, some air rifles like to be held really snug, shoulder & forearm while others like a really loose hold kinda like floating it.
And of course, if you sight it in it will be different for others.
The good news is that once you get dialed in they're a lot of fun and cheap to shoot.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2020 05:00 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
All I know it's heavy to hold.
It's a pump type,
Thanks for the advice I'll let the other half know.
He likes to tinker too much with rifles.
His dad was a gun smith but he never wanted to get into it. But he learned enough to keep our rifles somewhat intact.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2020 09:45 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I can tell y'all this much. You would be well served by delving into Benchrest Theory a little bit. This is splitting hairs very finely, breath control, free recoil, loading techniques, it's involved. But, taking heartbeat into consideration, these guys even watch for how much wind velocity it takes for leaves to turn over where you can see the underside. And mirage is important, even with snow on the ground. It's very difficult to understand why it's difficult to put 5 shots in the same hole. About all you can do is fire as tight a group as you can manage, and then cut it out and have it laminated for your wallet; that's what they call their bragging group.

So, it's all incremental. You just nibble around the edges of accuracy. Attention to any segment is of benefit. And, everything is relative. Handgun accuracy is one thing, and so is breaking 25 clay birds. But the quest for one hole accuracy will keep you occupied for quite a while.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted January 17, 2020 01:19 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Other half is slowly getting it dialed in.
Got a jack rabbit the other night and a collard dove yesterday.
He put the scope back on that came with it and sighted in a lot closer than he had at first.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2020 12:50 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Just for shits & grins;
Stop at a Thrift Store or a yard sale and get a couple of cheap metal pan lids. Drill holes near the edge at about 10:00 & 2:00. Hang 'em with wire off of a fence or tree branch about 30 or 40 yards from your patio. Now, you can bounce pellets off of your 'gong' while the ribs are slow cooking in the bbq. [Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2020 08:30 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I can just see you hanging a pan lid across the highway and shooting from your porch! Does Stafford have much of a commuter rush, in the morning? I tend to doubt it?

I remember getting directions from Bronco, the deputy sheriff, up in Lovelock, and he said: "turn right at the signal". Then I said, "which signal?" ....and he said "THE" SIGNAL! . Of course, I felt a little stupid.

That's kinda like Stafford, huh?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2020 01:29 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I live on a dead end dirt road.
Gong hangs out back. BLM land behind me.

[Cool]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 18, 2020 06:24 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's cool! Are you, (by the way) at the end of that dirt road that dead ends? It would be better if lost people don't turn around in your driveway, wouldn't it? Anyway, sounds nice and quiet, and comfortable! You are so lucky!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2020 04:28 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, about half-way down. Big turn-around at the end.
Fun factiod; Of the five properties on my road, there are five NRA members and at least five President Trump supporters.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2020 06:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
THAT'S FRIGGIN' AWESOME!

I have the feeling that I'm the only one on my block? There has to be some reason why my congressman is a jewish Liberal the past few years. Ever since the Democrats gerrymandered the district and my guy suddenly retired.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2020 06:57 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I can shoot three hundred yards on my property wish it was more but I shoot into a hill to the west the east is the forest property ! I set up a hundred yard range to sight in my rifles pistols much shorter LOL

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2020 07:01 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Why the fuck Are Jews liberal ! maybe like Mexicans always looking for the fall back hand
out !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2020 07:40 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a good question, Paul. It doesn't make sense. And, the way the Democrats have been sticking up for Palestinians, you would think Jews would be hard core conservatives.

As far as I am concerned, if the Israelis were to lose a nuclear warhead and it rolled into Gaza and detonated, the world would be a lot more peaceful....except I forgot about Iran? An errant bomb rolling that far east would be difficult to explain.

While we are at it, let me ask another question: why are Blacks liberal? What about Hispanics? (with a job) When you think about it, the Democrat Party seems perfect for Gays and Lesbos and other assorted freaks, the ones with pronoun problems.

The world is going nuts. My evidence is the overwhelming acceptance of "CLIMATE CHANGE" as an emergency substitute description for GLOBAL WARMING, to account for actual facts. Who ever thought of that is a friggin' genius! How in the hell can anybody deny weather? It's the perfect! solution! Forest fires in Australia? Melting ice in the Arctic? Hurricanes in the Caribbean? Imaginary sea levels rising? Any idiot can see those things are caused by CLIMATE CHANGE.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2020 08:50 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Saul Alinsky ! Rules for radicals !

[ January 19, 2020, 08:51 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2020 10:17 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I can't imagine anybody being so friggin' Liberal as to do their Master's Thesis on an obscure book written by Saul Alllinki , titled: "Rules For Radicals"!

That would require a total, dishonest Commie Bastard with Thundering Thighs? I can't think of anybody, such a liar, THAT RADICAL?

Can you?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2020 02:26 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Late in the evening, when the firelight dims and the wineglass is empty, a person might wonder;
Does the soul die a little bit each time the conscience is compromised until both are lost forever ????
I would ask the Hildabeast but she's gonna be busy running for President again.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2020 05:18 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Dammit! I ordered! ORDERED somebody, any body....to drive a friggin' stake through the Bitch's HEART! Who dropped the ball? This needed doing, dammit!

Who was that last career presidential candidate, from the state of Minnesota? He never won anything but ran for president 5 or 6 times in a row. Damn! I should know this one!

Good hunting. El Bee

found it!

Harold Stassen is perhaps the most famous and distinguished perennial presidential candidate in U.S. history, along with Ralph Nader. A one-time governor of Minnesota and former president of the University of Pennsylvania, he ran for the Republican nomination for president nine times between 1944 and 1992.

[ January 19, 2020, 05:21 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 19, 2020 05:21 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Milard Filmore ????

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 20, 2020 04:16 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
My name is Indigo Montoya you keeled my father prepare to die ! best movie line ever !!!!!
Hillary will die in prison , as you wish !

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 20, 2020 05:07 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
El Bee;
My first thought was that driving a common wooden stake thru The HildaBeast Creature's heart would not be enough. Something more on the order of a stake carved from Christ's Cross or at the very least Gungnir The Spear of Odin.
But then, further reflection concluded; Dat Bitch ain't got no heart.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 20, 2020 10:04 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I submit: We don't need no stinkin' Badges!

ko ko, at least you gotta try! Quit making excuses! You just THINK she ain't got no heart. Bend her over and pound that stake up her ass, and you may get lucky!

I'm just imagining your surprise birthday party, of which, you are unaware, until the door bursts open and there you are with the Bitch. over your knee, her skirt is up and you still have 10" exposed on a 20" stake. Undeterred, you finish the job with a couple more whacks. Then you join the party with a well deserved Henry Winehardt Root beer. Dead or alive, she should still serve her time in the clink.

But seriously, why the fuck are we impeaching Trump when we have yet to get to the bottom of Benghazi? This is complete bullshit!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 21, 2020 05:17 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I think Trump has all the people and evidence in place just waiting for the right time! what time you ask I don't know maybe Q knows!

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters