The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Here's info to cause Liberals to wet their pants

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Here's info to cause Liberals to wet their pants
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted January 01, 2020 10:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I wonder how many people disarm, and put their piece in the trunk, (if they have one) when they are confronted with a sign proclaiming the establishment a GUN FREE ZONE?

Vic, ko ko, Paulsy? Do you shop naked?

Read this article. Nothing new that you or I have not heard before. What's amazing is that Liberals are immune to the logic of self protection?

https://www.nationalreview.com/2019/12/texass-concealed-carry-law-prevented-mass-murder /

edit: My buddy Victor Gray has an actual VeeDub that he runs around town in. Inside, in the back is a very heavy duty stainless steel box, (vault) that he fabricated himself that is chained to the floor with 3/8ths proof coil chain. Inside, he keeps whatever piece he happens to have a need for on any given day. But the box is large enough to hold 5 or 6 handguns in holsters, if he wanted to. I bought my Redhawk from him and if he didn't do some very nice lock work and trigger, I'd be very surprised because it's the most pleasant to shoot of all that I own, excepting perhaps the Browning Camper 22.

[ January 01, 2020, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31277 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2020 11:31 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
This is Arizona.
We can legally carry open or concealed.
The first couple of times that I (legally) went into the bank carrying concealed, it felt kinda weird. Now ........ no big deal.
The first couple of times I saw somebody carrying open it seemed kind of strange. Even more-so in line at the bank. Now ........ no big deal.
I like the Sneaky Pete holster that I've mentioned in another thread. Discrete is neat and I rarely remove it. "Gun Free Zone" to me translates to "Shop Elsewhere".
I never go where I'm not welcome.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7489 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2020 11:44 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I was looking at their website. The option that caught my eye was the ballistic green nylon holster. And, it's cheaper.

Because sometimes, my piece does print in my pocket.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: while there may be very good options for carry, that is UNFORTUNATELY not the case in The People's Republik. Here, we have some kind of Star Chamber that approves certain handguns with "safety" as the primary consideration. Almost ALL of the best guns suitable for self defense cannot be bought in this state. And we can't buy them in other states and bring here.

[ January 01, 2020, 11:49 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2020 11:50 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The leather one looks better but the (black) nylon one seems to last forever.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7489 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2020 03:02 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Those signs; to my mind, are merely suggestions, or a stores particular policy, not the law. Fugg em, I carry concealed most of the time unless I know there is a metal detector, but I seldom set foot in a govt. type building like courthouse etc where they might detect you have a firearm.
Not a fan of open carry, just not my style. 99% of people I see open carry, have the look and gear of someone that probably shouldn't have a firearm.If I see someone with quality firearm, solid and useable holster open carry I don't give it a second thought, but I hate to see ill fitting cordura nylon holsters, worn on a half inch belt with a piece of shit hipoint 9mm flopping around waiting to flip out of its shitty holster.....big red flag to me.

Posts: 1591 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2020 03:39 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Kansas. Open. Concealed. All good. I live 1/2 block from a Kindergarten/ First grade elementary school. Well within the 1,000 feet. The curb line at the end of my driveway is a gun free zone. I did a map of Abilene once and superimposed a 1,000 foot radius around each school in town. Little, if any, of our town, wasn't within one or more of those circles. Coincidence? Cops could not possibly care less until you cause a problem. Even then, I've yet to see or hear of anyone being charged with possession of a firearm without a CCW in a GFZ.

[ January 01, 2020, 03:42 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2020 03:53 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Little story. (Sure! LOL) Few years back in my son's "using days". Guy from a nearby town sent him a threatening video. Known drug user. Probably dealer. History of violence. Dal was in jail so I knew he was safe at the time so I called the police and filed a report for making a criminal threat. Two officers came to the house. One I knew. Other was new in town.

When I got done and they had all their info, the new guy asked me if I wanted our house to be added to the enhanced patrol list. I asked him why? He said it was so they could patrol by here more for our safety. I asked him why I would feel unsafe. He tried to remind me that this guy could be dangerous. It was for our safety. I told him we were fine. He began to insist that I reconsider when the other guy - Kris - chimes in, "You're the coyote hunter, aren't you?" to which I said, "Yep, that's me." The new guy asks why that matters. Kris just laughed.

I pointed down the street at them local animal hospital and told him that it's 417 yards from here to there. 210 to 15th street. "I can hit a coyote at a dead run, running for its life at out to 300 yards on a pretty consistent basis. Done it often. Thank God for AR15's, and I carry mine and shoot it far more than any of you guys do. If he's in my yard, I'm usually carrying a 9mm. Working in my shop, I'm within arms reach of a 12 gauge with 3-inch mag #4 buckshot that probably hurts like hell out to about 75 yards. Beyond that, the AR is right around the corner and my longer range rifle has been good out to 600. I don't know if a crackhead can outrun a coyote, but I like my odds better than his."

I was just bullshitting, but the new guy just stood there with his mouth open until Kris started laughing.

I laughed and said, "We're good. Really."

Then, there was the time that got a report about my whiten on black "Come and Take It" Gonzales flag. Nosy neighbor lady told them I was flying a terrorist flag on my garage. They sent a rookie cop to check it out. Told him to be careful. "He works for the Post Office".

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2020 06:50 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have a half baked theory about obvious and not so obvious metal detectors. I think either they are deactivated or if a buzzer goes off in the back room; nothing happens. In the first place, the woods are full of cops, off duty and plain clothes. These guys, by definition are ALWAYS packing, and there is no point in embarrassing anybody.

Therefore, Vic. I really wouldn't worry about it. Now myself, it's against the law to carry a concealed weapon in this state, so I walk into any bank and post office and other government facility without concern.... I've never had a problem. If I had a concealed weapon, they would prob think I'm off duty instead of heisting the joint.

It's a nut of a problem though. I admit it. But, cops don't unpack so why should you? But, I'm not a lawyer, so my opinion is worth nothing.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2020 06:35 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
My state passed a new law that concealed carry for residents is OK without a permit. We've always been open carry although not many people actually do it.

The gun free zone signs are mostly just guidelines here. I've never heard of someone getting prosecuted for a violation. Of course I don't walk in to the post office with my AR slung around my neck either. Common sense has to be front and center.

I used to shoot a lot in IDPA matches. Good practice and I recommend it if you have a local gun range that offers it.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 401 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2020 09:14 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
If I have an over shirt I'm concealed if not whos gives a fuk this is Arizona not California !I don t see my self as one who should not be carrying a fire arm I just may be the guy that saves you wife or child Victor !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted January 02, 2020 04:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Ouch! A wee bit harsh, Mr Melching!

Victor is a friggin' handgun expert and practically a legend for his shooting skills, in many parts of Arizona, and has the hardware to prove it

I believe he could very coolly take out a shotgun wielding idiot in a Texas church, and probably faster than 6 seconds?

And, he's a law abiding citizen.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2020 08:37 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey; as I wrote in the post, I have no problem with open carry, when it is apparent the individual carrying has a decent holster, belt and firearm and obvious knowledge and comfort in his/her demeanor.
Right before I left Az to head back here, I stopped at circle K in Tombstone. Picture this, extremely over weight young guy, maybe 30?, wearing "slides" if you know what those are, saggy Tee shirt with some mindless fucking slogans on it, baggy sweat pants, with what I would describe as a 1/2" dress belt, and hanging off it, and I mean hanging, was a cheap ass nylon holster which didn't fit the large frame pistol that was tucked in it.
The holster was literally canting out 30 degrees or so, and when he walked into the store it was flopping around like a loose dick ready to fall out of the holster. Ive saw another one just a week earlier in Walmart, same kind of ill fitting holster and belt with some cheap pistol stuck in it, and when I approached from behind, could see he was carrying without a magazine in it, but had it in magazine pouch on the belt.
That is the type of open carry I wanted to get across that disturbs me. Understandably, it's perfectly legal, and I want to support that right, but with that right, should come some kind of implied knowledge of equipment and carry attire?
I rarely open carry, while out hunting I will, but when I come into town throw on a light jacket or fleece pull over. I just don't want to advertise, just my opinion on it, others mileage may very.

Posts: 1591 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2020 03:00 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Victor is and will always be my hero I've seen him shoot I just don't get the problem with open carry. its a natural as milk ! get over your fear of hand guns and we can all go in the post office with an AR. Give me a liberal inch Ill take two miles ! we gotta do to them what they do to us ! excuse me now I hafta go hitch the howitzer to my truck !

[ January 03, 2020, 03:04 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2020 05:44 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
That guy Victor described must have a big family 'cause I've seen his kin-folk several times.

The main reason I carry concealed is the words of (I believe) some General to the effect "The element of surprise is worth a Division".
Seems wise.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2020 07:21 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Where I see open carry as even exhilarating is when camping in the great outdoors. It's a bit role playing but seems appropriate. I have my dad's 357 in a real nice leather Safariland holster that I don't get to show off nearly often enough. I'd be honored if Paul would lean forward on his log and ask to take a look at it. Does that make any sense?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters