The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Go Texas !!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Go Texas !!!
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2019 02:04 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Make that "The-Great-State-Of-Texas" (One word).
Dirt-bag goes into a church & opens fire.
Two church-goers shoot back & dirt-nap the dirt-bag.
Sad when there's a need to carry in a church but thankfully good people solved a bad situation.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7590 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2019 03:09 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Seen that on the news last night.
Told the hubby that if we had to live in a larger type area I'd be packing all the time.
Going to start hiking this spring and trying to figure out how to carry and still have a easy draw and so forth. Found an outfit in Alaska and thinking of buying one for the hubby then copy it and make one for me. We do have rattle snakes here at 5,000 feet. I don't like running into those buggers. Bears and wolves don't bother me. Don't like the two legged snakes either.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2019 05:11 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I live in the middle of nowhere and carry 24-7 some of the worst dirt bags wander down old dirt roads, we have rattlers at 5250' I use a Blackhawk that tucks in my waistband with an over shirt no one is the wiser no shirt I don't care who sees it I take it off to go in the post office. I guess a post office is a good place to die !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2019 06:30 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
EarthGal;
Paul is wise and makes a good point. Bad shit can happen anywhere. Even in a church or a Rabbi's home.

I don't claim to be a gun expert but I have been around the block enough to know that everything is a compromise. When you really need one a 1911 in .45 apc comes to mind. Hits like Thor's Hammer but who wants to carry 18 pounds on the hip all day ??
Day to day carry, a little .22 Derringer is better than nothing ............ but not by much.
I compromised with a Ruger LCP .380 in a Sneaky Pete holster. Discrete, lightweight, accurate enough, and with proper ammo hits hard enough if fired with an 'empty the clip' mindset.
Practice sessions are strong on the Mantra "Two in the chest & one in the head. Two in the chest & one in the head. Reload & repeat".

Good luck with whatever you choose.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7590 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2019 09:20 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I guess a post office is a good place to die !
Does anyone obey that silly sign that says no firearms allowed? If it's concealed, who knows? There's no security at our local post office and every manner of low life miscreants visit there. I carry 24/7 otherwise what's the point of a concealed carry permit?

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2019 10:09 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Dunno.
Most of the signs I see are a red circle with a slash thru a revolver.
So I carry an auto-loader.

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2019 12:35 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't like my fanny pack style carrier for my .38 anymore. Easy to get to but don't like the feel of it.

Have a lot of pistols to chose from. Will have to decide.
I know the world is awash with asswhipxs.
Just haven't felt that threatened here so far.
Now on the lookout at times that was different.
I just never let anyone within arms reach of me.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2019 02:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The pipsqueak I carry, (where legal, of course) and that’s not even legal at the Club. So, of course, I’m usually unarmed. But, I really like this Seacamp. Even though it’s 32ACP, it’s so friggin’ loud that it scares me. I have a S&W shield in 40S&W and it is also LOUD. Hardly ever carry on my person.

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31494 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2019 03:54 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Here is the system thinking of buying the hubby then I'll make a copy of it.
www.diamondcustom.com
They are pricey but I sure like the feel of good leather.
I need something to copy the first time then I'm good to go making leather items. Also my hands don't work like they use to. To many hours tooling leather when I was younger.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2019 06:40 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Domain for sale ?????

One of the things that I like about the Sneaky Pete holster is that it looks more like a smart phone case than something with a pistol in it.
The cover flap is magnetic and it's not a fast draw system but if nobody knows you're carrying ......

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters