The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » White Christmas?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: White Christmas?
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 26, 2019 11:24 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Anyone have a white Christmas?
It started the 24th and went for close to 24hours. Just thankful it wasn't an inch an hour or more snow.
Probably got between 6-8 inches total. Got a skiff over night last night.
That is the only good thing I can say about Christmas it was white and quiet.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1104 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 26, 2019 01:45 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
There is a major mountain just north of me called Mount San Antonio but every body calls it Mt. Baldy. It's eleven miles of twisty wiendy road to the ski lift. When we were up there yesterday, it was just starting to snow as we left to drive back down. I knew it was going to snow all night and it did, here and about 25 miles northwest of here so the Grapevine is completely closed until I don't know when. My people will be going some alternate route to get to I-5 and they seem to think thy might have to get a room tonight. Final destination is San Rafael in Marin County, normally a 7.5/8 hour drive and I have done the trip so many times the last 30 years, I can almost do it blindfolded. But, I'm tuckered out, might take a nap, Tillie is way ahead of me, she's already crapped out. It was a very nice visit and I have a good daughter! The whole family is great, I miss them already!

[ December 26, 2019, 01:48 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31327 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 26, 2019 05:55 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Nope: about 4" on the 1st & about 2" a week ago. All gone, pretty mild winter so far.

I'm good with that [Cool]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted December 26, 2019 06:12 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
There has been snow on the ground here since the beginning of November. Over 3 feet of snow from 2 storms between Thanksgiving to the following Sunday and more snow after that. So yes, it was a very white Christmas here in Michigan's Upper Peninsula.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 390 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Knows what it's all about
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2019 02:43 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
No "wkite" Christmas here. Sunshine and t-shirt weather.
I was in Utah for Thanksgiving and that was enough snow for me. I have come to the conclusion that I don't miss that white stuff one little bit.
Kinda makes me an advocate for Global Warming doesn't it.
Go Climate Change-Go Greta LOL. I know, I'm a sick puppy that should be put down.

--------------------
Idiocracy. Started as a comedy and is now a documentary about the U.S.

Posts: 624 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2019 01:07 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
7 inches of snow two weeks ago. All melted by Christmas. Temps near 68 on Christmas day. I wore shorts and sandals to grandma's house.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2019 02:10 PM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
Christmas day was 70 degrees here. About the same yesterday. Today it dropped in to the low 60's. I'm going to have to get out the permanone to fight off the ticks if it keeps this up.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 404 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2019 07:57 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting. It's been pretty cold here, daytime in the mid 40's or so? No overnight frost yet, that I am aware of? But all the local mountains are completely snow covered. I'm at about 1650' right here and we seldom get snow, years go by without the white stuff. But the whole Los Angeles SoCal area is backed up to mountains and that's where the rain and snow are dumped, western side. And it's wasted, dumped into the ocean instead of impoundments. I guess the land is too valuable for single family homes instead of catchments for groundwater? Electing assholes without knowing about their priorities is Russian Roulette. <sigh>

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31327 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2019 08:37 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Did you say Russian isn't that collusion!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters