The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » I support impeachment (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: I support impeachment
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2019 05:46 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Because two years ago - give or take - my federal retirement took a pretty solid hit, knocking me off the highest I'd ever had in that account. In the past two months, since the start of all this impeachment talk,I've made all that back and am in new territory for me. The stock markets are totally ignoring the libtards and that's good for all of us. I can tell you from the parcel volume in the Postal Service this season that not a single damned person believes the bullshit about POTUS. Last year, we delivered 38k parcels in our community of roughly 8,000 people between Dec 3 and the close of business on Dec 24. Last week, we were already about 10% above last year's record averaging about 9,000 packages a week. This is between 5 city routes and 5 rural routes. Doesn't look like an economic crisis to me. This was my last Christmas as a letter carrier and I am SOOOOO F-ING GLAD that's behind me. One more summer to go - if I can make it - and I'm out!

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted December 26, 2019 06:24 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats on your upcoming retirement. Now don't go postal on anyone.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 26, 2019 07:50 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah me too !!

Let's get rid of him !! He has no interest in climate change, doesn't like Greta & is only interested in the Biden family because Joe is a political opponent !!

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 26, 2019 07:58 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You really got me with that topic title, Lance! I won't tell you the thoughts bouncing around in my head when I saw that. But, I certainly appreciate the irony contained in the message. It's like WTF? do they want? Everybody's better off, and fuking Obama didn't know what the hell he was doing, a Total Ivory Tower Loser.

I have felt confident all along that Trump would be reelected, especially watching and listening to the Demorat hopefuls as they attempt to "Out Liberal" each other. I guess they figure that they can get more mainstream after the Primary? Trump may just wind up with a republican congress and really blast through with conservative policy and bills and laws, and conservative judges!

We can't be too complacent but it looks promising, from here. Man! I can't believe the way these chickenshit bastards in The People's Republik have fuked over my Second Amendment rights! Now, my driver's license is no good to buy ammo! I need a passport since they decided to give illegals driver's licenses! I had no clue what a "REAL I.D." was? I have bought more "ammo" the past two years than in the previous 50 years because I always handloaded. Now, I am stocked up, to the point where one shelf in the garage ripped out and fell down! What a mess! Not so much full boxes but all the partial opened boxes all burst open and I had a lot of sorting to do. Too smart for my own good. And, it's all handgun cartridges for semi autos, I don't need to stock up on 38special and 44Mag.(but I did some of that anyway) But, my point is, flinging empties 15 feet over my shoulder is great until I have to get on my hands and knees picking up brass. That's when you appreciate dumping 6 nice clean, undented brass back in the same box you took them out of.

Lance, pay no attention to the above, I know you don't reload. Or, maybe you started recently....for your machinegun?

Okay, excuse the rant! Wow, we went up in the mountains yesterday, along with everybody else, seemed like? Back home, made a fire for the first time since Nancy died, 14 years ago. This morning, I need to close it and sweep out all the ashes,

Anyway,
Good hunting. El Bee
(been raining since about 3 A.M, bet they got some good snow up at Baldy?)

edit: still raining! And, I knew a storm was coming in when we drove down from the snow yesterday. This morning, I heard the Grapevine is closed so my people are planning on heading back up north through Tehachapi.Looks like bad weather all the way but they say they don't care, they will get a room somewhere if need be.

Closed the vent and swept up the ashes, can't believeI already did that? First time the fireplace tools have been used, too. Tillie is a total pain in the ass! With people, she's so happy to see them she makes a complete pest of herself! She needs socializing, everybody is her long lost best friend, she is so happy to see them! And, she has been very annoying to this little pug belonging to my daughter. She DOES NOT want to play with her! Pinky has also been very excited with all the people in the house. Of course, he wants attention! (end of update)

[ December 26, 2019, 12:51 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 26, 2019 06:04 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
We got a Corgi mix puppy in early Oct. Her name is "Lillie"

Yeah she's probably like "Tillie" quite the girl. However, I'm quite sure they're both universally loved !!

Although there are times [Razz]

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2019 05:26 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Heads up CDude; ............. You're fuked........... They're going to impeach the Great Man again.
Retire soonest before you're delivering mail from a stolen Wal-Mart handicap cart.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2019 09:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I rate all carts at Walmart to be in poor shape, especially the handicapped conveyances.

As an example of carts in good repair, take a look at Costco. I've never had a bad Costco cart. Maybe because the type of clientele is a little more civilized, they always return the carts to the designated areas and those places are in better condition than what you see at Walmart.

Cal me a snob, but that's what I see. Walmart carts always have a gob of human hair wrapped around the casters. How the hell does that happen? There is always one front wheel that spins around while you push. The gate that lifts to stack them together is always bent and you can't separate a cart without some direct interdiction. Also, do not fail to sanitize a Walmart cart....if you can find any wipes that aren't dried out, or completely fresh out today. Yes, Walmart could use a little attention to their substandard shopping carts.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: figured it out! Hispanic female bends down to pick up the drinking water from the bottom shelf and somehow a gust of wind blows her big hair into the greasy axle and there you go! She would have to cut the hair to be able to stand up, and now it's entwined until the Second Coming.

[ December 27, 2019, 09:47 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2019 09:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
PS, this ugly Bitch! She was dazed and confused during the Kavanaugh hearings. She's as stupid as Sheila Jackson, and Hank Johnson, and that takes some doing!

https://www.theepochtimes.com/sen-murkowski-undecided-on-impeachment-vote-adheres-to-impartiality_3184877.html

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted December 27, 2019 01:02 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
As a matter of record, I do reload my own for the machine gun, or as I call it, the MS13, (because liberals love them sumbitches) and am glad I do. Worked up a great load using 55-grain Spitzers that far outperform the Vmaxes everyone finds so dandy. The change has resulted in a 90% reduction in time spent sewing hides back together. Most coyotes have a pencil-diameter entry and (maybe, at worst) an inch-long hole to sew on the backside if the bullet went through and through. Might spin for a few seconds, but few go out of sight. Had a pair step up Tuesday and couldn't get them to close. Didn't realize they could see the tip top of my pickup cab behind me. Bad parking.

Tried to work this bitch off the edge for fifteen minutes without success. She just kept pacing and staring. Wagged her at 250 +/- and plinked her. Dead center mass just behind the left shoulder. Sonofabitch, now I had to walk clear out there to get her. 231 yards according to the laser later. Entry, No exit. Love handloads. Makes a decent shot that much more to be proud of when you cooked it yourself.

The storm you're having now is due here later tonight. Blizzard warning up for NW Kansas, soaking rain here tomorrow, maybe a much needed inch or so.

My retirement plans are not great at this point. Am actively looking for a career change with my focus being on a decent wage and insurance to replace what I'm giving up if I leave the USPS before my minimum retirement age date of 10-28-20. My pension won't be shit at that point and I won't be eligible for the supplement (third leg" of the 3-legged stool they use to describe our vaunted federal retirement). Mine will be a stool, but not the kind you sit on.

If I can find a good paying job that offers me an actual new career to carry me at least 6 years and the side pots take care of my wife and kids, I'll bail. If I can't and I have to stay on with the USPS until next October, I'll wait. Sitting around is not an option. We will never see traveling or anything that resembles a nice retirement because of how fucked up our lives are, so I've pretty much embraced the idea that I will die on the job whatever that job will be, and most days, as much as I hurt, I think the sooner the better. Worth many times more dead than alive.

Have been watching area federal postings for a while now. Lots around this area, between farm service admin offices, Fort Riley, the Eisenhower complex. Have had people who read my drug proposal suggest that I look at getting into grant writing for others. Seem to think that my writing background would be a big asset for that. Boss's wife does that on the side and makes $65/hour.

Have the big launch of the drug proposal coming up on January 6 so that needs to be my focus right now.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2019 07:45 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, thanks for the (what) clarification. The "letter carriers" that live across the street both retired (?) 10 years ago or so and both took minimum type jobs to qualify for social security and I guess they did because neither work now, that I can tell?

But, for example, because it sounds like you don't have the Cadillac plan, I think with Jerry Brown the first time he was governor, he gave away the store, all the state jobs retirement plans seem to pay around 95% of the highest salary they ever earned, teachers, police and fire. It's easy to settle with contract negotiations when you are paying them with taxpayers money and it doesn't have to "add up."

That's why this state is so fucked up. They have no way to dig out of their fiscal irresponsibility. But, the union people will vote for your stupid democrat programs. I don't know if I will ever pull the trigger and move out of this fuked up state? But, if enough of us move to AZ, maybe we can create the same economic "miracle" over there?

Good hunting. El Bee

PS and don't forget the "sensible" progressive gun control laws we have enacted on this side. It's even working in Nevada!

[ December 28, 2019, 07:47 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2019 08:41 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Love the spitzers best ever for coyote !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted December 28, 2019 11:17 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
John Wooters, used to write for Guns and Ammo years ago, painted his own camo to match cactus and loaded spitzers backwards for turkey and coyote. Flat base, not boattail. I believe a mental image is just as effective as a video. Never tried it. myself. But have no doubt.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS it would take a little experimenting to get the powder charge right. That spitzer would take up quite a bit of case capacity.

quick quiz for Lance: what's the difference between a spitzer and a "spire point"?
Come on, no coaching! This is easy!

edit: my graddaughter's boyfriend was here for dinner, Christmas day. We got to talking "Man Talk" and he's interested in especially fly fishing, which isn't all that successful in the Sierras due to all the snagging on brush but he also brought up hunting because granddaughter had showed him my den/I wasn't aware? Anyway, he said he was a big fan of 30'06. I think he doesn't really have much, (if any) first hand knowledge but I should probably at least offer to take him to the range. Has a high enthusiasm quotient, at least.

[ December 28, 2019, 11:31 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2019 05:00 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Fly fishing in the sierra is the bomb ! lakes rivers and streams !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2019 05:04 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard you are a bullet snob Spitzers are the shit and loading for them is no mystery ! Speed is not the end all be all ! its just speed ! I cant tell if he falls faster or slower most times ! he just falls !
And yes you know more about reloading and ballistics than I ever will !

[ December 29, 2019, 01:50 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2019 08:14 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I guess that's true, Paul. Haven't thought much about it but I have accidentally managed to acquire a little basic hands on knowledge of the reloading/handloading art. I have some boxes on the shelf with dates that are 20 years old, but have no doubt, they are still accurate and will kill anything in the way. (the reason is because they have become safe queens)

I use the term, "handloading" because it's my attempt to convey the level of quality, which is in excess of factory ammunition and as married to the particular firearm that it was created for. Used in another rifle chambered the same, there are no promises, accuracy or safety, since I usually load "Max".

It's quite an accomplishment to fabricate ammunition to function accurately and safely in a specific firearm. Not that it's difficult, but sorta like using a hand call rather than a friggin' Foxpro. Everybody should handload and forget about saving money, you won't. But, it's more satisfying and the end product is superior to what you buy at the store, with serial codes you will never see again. I can duplicate my loads, and you can't, unless you buy a whole crate.

Another thing. People that handload always know what they are talking about, velocities, bullet weights, midpoint trajectories, all that stuff. Those that buy their ammo one or two boxes at a time only know bullet weight, if they are lucky! They also tend to think Remington shoots to the same point of aim as Norma or Winchester, with the same terminal results. <sigh> I give up!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2019 08:44 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Hell, I don't know ? I've always thought a soft point was a spitzer ? I just call 'em soft points.

In a .22 chambering the Sierra #1365 is far & away my favorite coyote bullet. For those who don't know, unlikely around here. It's a 55gr soft point somewhat sleek in design ?

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2019 09:11 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that's a spitzer. I've used thousands of them, it's been around a long time, I used to think they were the cat's ass. Performance wise, they are very good and accuracy? better than average, seems to work acceptably in just about any rifle unless the barrel has a fast twist, then the excessive R.P.M. might cause problems? Anyway, it's hard to go wrong with that 55 gr. spitzer although there are a number of premiums out there that might show better accuracy. However, I'd still say that bullet is a classic.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS sudden thought! That #1365 might have been the first .224" bullet I ever loaded? I say that because I handloaded for 270Winchester for quite a few years before I bought my first Ruger Model 77 in 220Swift. At that point, which was "I think" was in 1975, I used a lot of Sierra bullets, 52, 53 and 55grain. Never, ever used 50 grain, they are strictly for squirrels!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2019 05:33 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I also load for the rifle , thanks or making that clear , handloading is a much better term than reloading !

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2019 05:44 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
You guys 'handload' bullets.
I ''handcraft' arrows.
Where's the 'Ammo Snob' icon ?????

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2019 09:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Seems, in terms of accuracy and honesty, you would need to grow your own wood, to begin with? Just kidding!

But, did you know that our native American people really used to PLAN AHEAD, by inserting a war club or hatchet in the branch of a suitable tree and wait for as long as it takes for the tree to encapsulate the stone securely so that when they cut it (harvest) a few years later, it would make a dandy weapon, equal to anything they could buy at the Walmart.

You know, many of their most effective arrows would be made in two pieces, the front portion might be made of reed or a light balsa wood with a very small stone projectile for flight characteristics. What we all think of as "arrowheads" are much too big and heavy to be launched by bow. They were actually effective spear points, delivered close up and personal. Used as on an arrow, they would quickly swap ends in flight and also very quickly, be rethinked with a plan B. If you have ever seen the bushmen with their poison tips, they look like a dart, sharp, long and pointed and they fly true. If they were to use a typical stone point, no telling where it would end up? Not on target, for sure. Just one of those concepts about primitive weapons that aren't particularly accurate. Like Atlatals, for instance. We only "think" we know how they were used.

So much for that, feel free to disagree.
Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2019 10:06 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, the composite arrow was usually made with a lighter main shaft and a heavier fore-shaft of a stronger wood for several reasons. (1) Arrows tend to break just behind the point. Stronger wood, less breakage. When breakage did occur it was much easier to replace the fore-shaft & point than the entire arrow. (2) The heavier fore-shaft affected the forward or center {f.o.c.} balance point making for better flight and as proven by Dr. Ed Ashby's studies, better penetration.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted December 31, 2019 08:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, thanks ko ko. I've heard it both ways and they both sound believable.

I'm quite interested in Amerindian archeology. It's amazing the stuff you can find if you just look around. Over thousands of years, we really cannot put a foot down in a spot that has not been walked on before and they have left quite a bit of evidence. Mostly in the form of fabricated scrapers, but if you know what to look for, the evidence is obvious. I have a whole pile of knapped flint, obsidian and jasper. Arrowheads are a little less common, the ones I find are often broken, obviously from hitting something solid.

But, that's always been a habit of mine. While walking around, I'm always picking up interesting rocks, what AR called: "sex rocks" or, in his opinion; "just a fucking rock."

Occasionally I come across a factory where perhaps more than one would be busy making tools and the chips would be lying around. You have to figure most of it would be pre-contact. I don't know, to me it a fascinating subject

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2019 10:30 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I find mostly pottery shards in this area. I know of one campsite with a large amount of them.
Once found an old Army 45-70 case out in the desert. Wish it could talk.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2019 01:01 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The guys with a metal detector find lots of boolets and shot, of course. But those that are good enough can tell what it is more or less and save a lot of digging. One time I excitedly found what turned out to be about a 2 foot piece of galvanized sheet. I didn't need to actually dig the whole thing up, put it back so somebody else could experience the thrill. My uncle was good enough that he didn't waste his time on anything but gold, and he had a box of nuggets that would knock your socks off! He would drive down from Reno and poke around much worked over tailings around Round Mountain and Johannesburg. He and three other old coots did very well, chip in on gas and between them, they always seemed to score very nice nuggets, which are worth more than just the carat weight.

I'd settle for ONE of those gorgeous nuggets! Believe me, they were impressive. He went to Alaska and panned "flour gold" sometimes obligated as part of a co op and other times independently poking around for himself. Said it hardly paid for the trip.
I think he just collected them as souvenirs, but that box of nuggets was worth a few bucks, for sure. He just died last year at 95, I wonder what happened to those nuggets? I wonder what happened to that Walther PPK he used to pack? I was in the hospital and missed the funeral, but they say it was a very impressive military service. He served in France in WWII.

Good hunting. El Bee

[ December 31, 2019, 01:03 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2019 02:02 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Best I've done with a metal detector is an old pick head. Made my day. Don't know much about it but want to learn more.
.............and, the Wham Robbery loot may still be out there.

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters