The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » What the hell is it with Popeye's?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What the hell is it with Popeye's?
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted November 18, 2019 02:06 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Here's another jungle brawl at another Popeye's restaurant!

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/watch-seven-employees-fired-after-popeyes-restaurant-erupts-into-out-of-control-brawl

I've been hearing so much about their friggin' chicken sandwich lately, I'm almost tempted to try one? But, (I'm not keep ing count) but there seems to be at least 6, maybe 7 incidents of altercations with customers or other people and excuse me for the racist observation, but they are all black! WTF? Is there some kind of rule, we want black employees to give our chicken authenticity. Or what?

I stopped at a Popeye's about 3 or 4 years ago. There just happens to be one on the corner of Mountain and Benson, right here in Upland. I went right to the counter and there was a black woman to take my order. I picked something and specified white meat. Boy, did that confound her! In fact, she didn't know how to handle it. But, seems to me, you can ask for all white meat at KFC, can't you? Anyway, it was so confusing that I walked out of there without buying anything and thinking that I didn't have time for screwing around, in fact, I was in a hurry, although I can't remember the reason, right now, which is understandable.

Anyway, I'm so curious about this stupendous chicken sandwich that I may still go there and risk life and limb in the process. But Popeye's must be suffering from some negative publicity from those that pay a lot more attention than I do. I'm not kidding, there have been a rash of incidents and they all involved physical altercations. AND, in the videos I have watched, within the last 2 or 3 weeks, it looked like every single employee was, or appeared to be black. And, it was the employee that was involved in fights and fisticuffs and altercations.

I don't give a shit, call me racist, but that's what I saw and that's what I think. The company needs to do something to protect and/or repair their reputation and their image.

But, I do remember getting sidetracked a couple years ago and driving to LAX down either Century or what's that other one, is it Manchester? Anyway, it seemed like there was a CHURCH'S CHICKEN on every damned corner in this predominately black part of town. I mean, there was the usual mix, but NOT KIDDING, CHURCH'S CHICKEN has a restaurant on almost every corner, but it's like when there is a gas station on all four corners on major boulevards, Down in what's known as "South Central" Los Angeles, there is a chicken restaurant and a Liquor store on every corner!

So, just trying to keep members up to date on what's happening these days. Take care!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31472 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2019 05:15 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh please stop.
You're killing me making me miss living in the Land of Fruits and Nuts.

NOT !!!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted November 19, 2019 01:48 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Eat your heart out, Binkie!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2019 04:14 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
The really funny thing is on the commercial's the spokesperson is a black woman talking about her chicken In reality it is minority owned by a white women !
PS good eats !LOL

[ November 19, 2019, 04:15 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2019 08:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Chicken is way overrated anyway. Yes, there are times when I might order a chicken sandwich instead of a Double/Double. Never had a single/single, that's a nonstarter. Also, never had a Chick-fil-a, so I must not be very motivated. Who gives a shit? But, I have not seen a Popeye's commercial, either. Must be on network, and I don't watch network. Hardly ever.

A burger beats a wimpy chicken sandwich hands down. I think Red Robin serves some pretty good ten dollar burgers.I will say this, I stopped in at Fatburger a couple times and was most impressed with the steak fries, burger is okay but a couple bucks more than some others. Same with The Habit and same with 5 Guys. But, as a change of pace, whatever? I have had a decent burger at Wendy's, which surprised me, a little. But, you know, after a month or so, you really need a Double/Double, for those that are so lucky to have one near by.

And, now we are all knowed up on fast food. Carry on.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2019 10:44 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Or ............. Get a package of Italian Sausage and a package of ground beef and mix. Make up some patties, not too thick, not too thin and off to the BBQ.
>>>>---------> (Neat arrow, eh ?? ) Here's the trick; Flip the burgers ...... but never press the juices out of them.
As for the rest, you're on your own; cheese, lettuce, onion, whatever.
Enjoy.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2019 03:25 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Back when I could eat Red Robins whiskey creek burger was a favorite. never press a burger any burger ever lest ye be hanged! I cant eat any more but I love to cook and can cook like a motherfucker !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters