The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Tab Benoit

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tab Benoit
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2019 04:08 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Paul;
I went to a yard sale & got more stuff that I neither need or have room for but what the heck ........
A Tab Benoit cd was included. Never heard of him.
However ............ I'm becoming something of a fan. He plays a lot of Delta Blues and one track, Shelter Me is a Delta Blues Gospel number. You might like it.

tab benoit shelter me on Google should bring it right up. Check it out. [Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2019 06:13 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, that's Tab Hunter's younger brother, right? Sounds like a Frenchie?

That's like the singers they feature in American Hunter. I never heard of any of them? They always have a favorite gun of some kind, usually passed down from granddad. The majority of those guys do not seem to be really gun people out of the ordinary, except they hail from the south and there must have been a firearm they saw somewhere?

I was a little different, I'm pretty sure neither of my grandfathers owned any kind of gun, but they both fished. My dad had a clunker of an old Mossberg 20 gauge and at one time he owned a HiStandard 22, but traded it for an outboard motor back in the fifties. Therefore, it's hard to believe that I was actually given a .410 shotgun when I was about 10 or 11? I don't even remember the make, but I pawned it for some reason when I was about 15?

Anyway, I came into an interest in firearms all by myself, no real family heritage. Now what that has to do with Tab
Benoit, I don't know? I think I'm losing it? I keep telling you guys: STAY ON TOPIC!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: also, I'm rather proud of the fact that my dad killed a lion back in '71, I think it was? Not too many members here can claim that feat, I think? Of course, I taught him everything he knew about predators.

[ November 16, 2019, 06:17 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31474 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 16, 2019 07:44 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Huh ?????

[Confused]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2019 04:29 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Tab Benoit sounds Cajun ! I used to sit in my dads lap and shoot bunnies in the big Tujunga wash we did this every week we ate rabbit every Sunday.He gave me a shotgun when I was four hung it on the wall above my bed 12 Ga. side by side. The same one he used to take his own life when I was Six , funny thing about memories !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2019 09:56 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely a Cajun Looked him up on you tube the real deal . Every Sunday morning Momma and me listen to blues from Pandora on her phone and a Bluetooth speaker e u BOOM ! Best part of the week everything from Blind lemon Jefferson to Muddy Waters Eric Clapton to Chris Stapleton beet two hours of the week!

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2019 10:23 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, kinda thought you might like it. [Cool]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 17, 2019 01:32 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Damn, Paul! What a burden for you. It's almost amazing that you turned out normal. Apparently?

I am so opposed to suicide as a cowardly act that impacts every single person in their sphere and does forever and overcoming that selfish act as much as possible is heroic and commendable, even inspiring because it would be so easy to use it as an excuse for practically everything since.

Of course, an asshole like Jeffery Epstein did most of those involved with him a favor. And, really, good riddance, but as a whole, burdening the family with the stigma for the rest of their life deserves condemnation and all the shame and the self pity.

Just put me down as against the taking of one's life as a pathetic end for him and lifelong hurt by those left behind. Besides, it is a Mortal sin, by my faith, at least.

Anyway.... who asked me anyway?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2019 03:29 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard I'm well past it, many years ago . Carried a lot for along time until I decided to drop the rock !
Almost forgot Stevie Ray too bad he never got a handle on the guitar! LOL

P.S. Jefferey Epstein did not kill himself !

[ November 18, 2019, 03:56 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2019 09:30 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Oh yeah, I know, I know! The bullshit we are expected to believe! Fact is, we can never know for sure, unless somebody comes forward. But the whole thing stinks to high heaven.

What gets me is the unbelievable chain of events within that high security prison. They find him on the floor with neck bruises, and what the hell are we supposed to know from that? So, of course, they remove his cellmate and take him off suicide watch. And nobody was ever asked to explain the logic of all of that? The Media just nodded and reported what they were told, no questions raised?

Nobody thought any of it seemed suspicious? WTF?

Good hunting. El Bee

PS but, of course, Epstein did put his affairs in order, as someone might do, who was planning on committing suicide. So, there's points for and against and that's why I think we can't know for sure, unless somebody blabs?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2019 05:21 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Of course he got his affairs in order.
He was either going to be in prison for a long time or he knew that the Clinton's were coming.

Not much of a future ................

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2019 04:19 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
His neck was broken how in the hell do you do that . Prison guards have said they have seen men that threw themselves off the second story balcony and merely strangled !

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2019 04:54 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Or as GranPa would say, "Damn fool tried to steal more chain than he could swim with".

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2019 05:20 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
That's fuuny KOKO !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted November 19, 2019 09:03 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That really is funny!

right up there with my favorite: "Tighter than a bull's ass in fly season."

Any more good ones?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2019 03:27 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Well right now its comin down like a cow pissin on a flat rock !

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters