The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Who's this? attention: Victor, (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Who's this? attention: Victor,
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2019 04:25 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Thanksgiving all , its hard to be unhappy if you wake up grateful.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
SECOND PLACE: Mad Bomber lookalike contest
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2019 04:53 AM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Yepper!

Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!

--------------------
"I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart." - Bear Claw

Posts: 588 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2019 06:02 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Two of my 6 knee scopes (meniscus tears) have been since my 50th birthday. With this latest one, they showed me the pics they took and there's this whitish colored thing that looks like a Mentos candy. I asked what that was because it didn't look like anything that should have been there. They said they had no idea what it was, or where it came from. Removed it and sent it to pathology. Never heard a word about it, so I guess it was nothing.

I'm not as "advanced" as many of you, but I'm trailing you pretty close. Scary times for me. I reach minimum retirement age on my 56th bday this next October, meaning I'm at 10 months and change to leaving the Post Office. I will be lucky to make it to the finish line. Both knees are shit - three surgeries a piece. Ortho has made it clear that he's gotten me as far as he can without replacing one or both. So many times in there that my legs are somewhat numb from just above the knees down. If I get a knee replaced, my job is over. PO won't let you carry mail because they don't wanna be responsible for wearing it out. Stenosis in my lower back makes it so I can only walk fifty yards at a time before my back tightens up and both legs go numb. Kinda grateful for the numbness because it makes the knee pain more bearable.

I actually went the herbal route a while back and added turmeric and ginger root capsules to my twice daily naproxen dose and it did help. My wife struggles with pain from bad shoulders and I manage her norco rx and dealing with those drs is a real PITA.

I look like a newborn colt trying to find his legs every time I stand after sitting for a while. Those rails around the toilet aren't as funny as they used to be, and I climb stairs on all fours most days. Have gained a hundred pounds since high school - sitting at 275 right now - and know that losing weight would make things better for my knees, but genetics and an inability to walk enough to matter seem to keep me "fluffy" no matter what.

Have been killing coyotes. Had a pair strafing our side of town with nightly forays to the point the neighbors were asking me to take 'em out. Went just off the city limits last night and called them at a hard charge from a railroad right of way. First spotted them at about 700 yards in the waning twilight as they circled downwind. The female got my stink and moseyed on by at about 240. The he-dog decided to stop and stink eye me a bit. That's a fur bit o' distance for a 16-inch barreled AR but I smoked him with a single round right through his voice box. Got him toted back to the road where I could drive to him and realized I'd laid my shooting sticks out there in a plowed field and by that point, it was mostly dark. I went back out there with the light on my phone to look for them and had the female giving me the red ass from where she'd gone back to the tumbleweeds. Getting ready to head out there to look in the daylight. Sleeting, and snowing right now so I might be getting muddy, but dammit, those are my favorite stix.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Eddie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2019 07:51 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Happy Thanksgiving to all have a good one!
Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2019 12:08 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, cool. And, let me be the first to wish everybody a Happy Easter!

See, how did I know about Del Gue? I had looked it up in IMDB, the site that covers everything you ever wanted to know about movies.

Good Hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31471 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2019 05:34 AM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
I particular liked his speech when he and Jeremiah parted company, when Del says "...By God I are a mountain man...!)

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2019 05:55 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Del,
If you ever get the chance, grab a copy of Mountain Man by Vardis Fisher. It was the inspiration for the Jeremiah Johnson movie and a good read.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2019 12:52 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Lance, there is some asshole that thinks they are sending email under my name to various huntmaster members. One of which I read this morning before I read your post above, and it makes a lot more sense. I don't know who it is, of course, I have sent replies and they are always returned, so it's a bogus IP address. All he is doing is wasting his time. But he did say that nobody cares about Lance and his problems. But, of course we do!

Myself, I'm actually losing weight. Not much, maybe 10-12 pounds but it's enough that my pants are loose and I need to tighten my belt.

My house guests just left to go up to Baldy and experience the snow for a couple hours and have a beer at Baldy Lodge. I bet it will be packed. Have another guest coming in later today, fortunately a dog lover. Tillie is a complete pest, wants to love everybody.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: Tillie is also becoming very accomplished at emptying my trash, especially when I'm not around. It's another of the tricks she learned all by herself!

[ November 29, 2019, 12:58 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2019 03:21 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Kokopelli,

Thanks. I'll do that!

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2019 05:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but I seem to recall that the movie credits a book called "Crow Killer" or something like that?

[ November 29, 2019, 05:28 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2019 05:52 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know;
eBay 'mountain man vardis fisher' brings up >30 listings. My copy is the one with Robert Redford on the cover.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
DEL GUE
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2019 06:04 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Right now I am re-reading the Terry C. Johnston series about fictional Titus Bass, aka Ol' Scratch. It's a damn shame Terry died before he could finish the series.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2019 07:37 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
my google search:

Jeremiah Johnson, the movie?

It is said to have been based partly on the life of the legendary mountain man John Jeremiah Johnson, recounted in Raymond Thorp and Robert Bunker's book Crow Killer: The Saga of Liver-Eating Johnson and Vardis Fisher's Mountain Man.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted November 30, 2019 05:36 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Cdog, look into synvics shots for the knees. Its like Slick 50 but for knees. It just might get you through the next 10 months. I got a couple years out of it. It'll quit working for you. Might ask your other doctor about it. I know they've change the shots since I first had mine. From 3 injections to 4 or 5 over a months time.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters