The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Who's this? attention: Victor, (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Who's this? attention: Victor,
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 2 posted November 15, 2019 04:44 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
what the hell is your email address?

<dvc@vtc.net>:

BTT

[ November 18, 2019, 02:10 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2019 02:11 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 

VICTOR! WHERE YOU IS?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 20, 2019 03:09 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
doesn't work either?
ackleyhornet@yahoo.com

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted November 21, 2019 04:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
and yeah, I know he said he doesn't have service down there....

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 21, 2019 06:56 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Possibly the Chupacabras got him. I think that they start rutting about this time of year and can get pretty mean.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted November 24, 2019 01:00 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
No service down on the border in tiny house, occasionally checked online when at daughters for a visit. Back in Florida now, just drove in last night around 10pm.
Blew out right knee about six weeks ago while working, hung a toe on bottom of metal welding table and threw me on left side, just some scrapes and gouges, but somehow torqued right knee, been absolutely miserable. Doc shot me up with cortisone and some worthless fucking cream to rub on knee?
Going in on the 2nd to see about knee replacement? I literally could put a bullet in my knee right now, never had such constant nagging pain in my life.
So now I need to know all I can about knee replacement...….stories or advice anyone?

Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 24, 2019 02:24 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Haven't had one myself but have been around a few of them.
For what it's worth;
(1) It's gonna suck.......... and that's the sugar coated version.
(2) Rehab. Pay with pain early or pay with pain & interest later.
(3) Pain meds may or may not help but Fireball & Rum Chata 50/50 on ice will always be your friend.

Best of luck to ya !!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted November 24, 2019 03:04 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Find the best surgeon in your area and the absolute best Physical therapist in your area.
Follow all of your instructions from the doctor and the P.T.

I've had 2. first one was good but had one of the best P.T.'s around.
My second one is being a pain. But I'm on blood thinner Eliquist which allows me to bleed a little more. So while trying to get the scar tissue to release I bled into the joint and set me back. So now have the doctor manipulate the knee on Tuesday morning. I also have to restart P.T. a week later. It's been a long fall.

If you don't won't do the P.T. you will have a bad knee. You can only blame yourself.
Ask away. 2 knees and 1 hip now.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 24, 2019 04:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
WELL! Call off the search party! AZ has been heard from. Sorry to hear about your accident. I think I'd wait for a couple months before I would think of going under the knife.

When searching for a surgeon, that's why this area has some good choices. The guy that did my intestinal surgery had done over 5,000 of them at the Kaiser facility in Fontana, which, so far as I know, is the original hospital in the chain? And, Kaiser is a big outfit, people usually love them or hate them, I'm still on the fence after almost 8 years but they have so much of my history right now that I'm hesitant to switch. Especially since surgeons are kind of arrogant and don't bother to look at a patient's history, something that worked very much against my mother, who told the asshole, but he said his tests didn't show that so he ignored what she said and of course, she died on the operating table. During a 3% procedure, fatalities.

Anyway, endure the pain, I hear you are a tough guy anyway, wait until everything settles in. My own problem was an accident, fell on a sharp edge. I was walking on a roof at the plant and there was a torched cutout in the walkway tread for a pipe that had been removed sometime previous and I fell through the 10 inch hole until my knee hit the jagged edge. If it sounds kinda gnarly, it sure as hell was!

So, same with my knee surgeon. He had a lot of experience, but exactly how many I don't know, but don't forget, he tried two previous less invasive othroscopic procedures that were only marginally effective. (spellcheck never heard of it, but I'm close) But the rehab was just as bad as the whole enchilada.

Anyway, I was hoping you would invite me down there, seeing as I have not been in good health and haven't killed a fucking coyote in two years! I thought some easy McNeal 85%ers would be just the ticket. Anyway/

Good hunting. El Bee

PS I'd appreciate it if I could have your current email and a phone number, if you don't mind.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Az-Hunter
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted November 24, 2019 06:20 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Don't know if I can bare waiting another week, much less another few months, the constant pain is about making me go nutz, and sleep sessions run about 2 hours a night, then up till am tossing and turning. I thought I had a relatively high thresh hold for pain, but this knee is making me a pussy for sure. Gobbled several bottles of aspirin, Aleve,ibuprofen and Celebrex...finally cried to doc and he wrote scrip for tramadol, ate them like a bag of skittles with very little relief. Thank gawd for friends with a few spare real pain meds or I'd have cut off the leg myself by now.
Had hoped to do some serious coyote hunting this winter too Leonard, but looks like Im fucked till next year, and those "next years" are getting to be a premium at our age ya know?
I did hobble out three evenings for exactly one stand each evening and called doubles each of the three times, all pups but did call one big mature coyote which I let pass, if I could have stood up easily he would have been a dead coyote
but of course, I can't hardly stand up, and rather than just shoot in a twisted up position I just watched him trot by watching my dog, figured Dan will get him in a week or so?

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 24, 2019 08:06 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I know it's risky to even talk about shit like this.

What pisses me off is because some stupid people abuse pain killers, doctors are afraid to prescribe them to people that really need it. I guess they think that it's better for people to suffer than for the doctor to be accused of prescribing addictive drugs. So, who's to blame, the Dr that withholds needed medication, or the assholes that don't understand what they are dealing with, and since they would normally take two aspirins, well why just take one Norco when they need immediate relief?

I understand it's an epidemic, people dying of overdoses, but I think they should be required to pass a friggin' I.Q. test.

I get it for what is prescribed as breakout pain, but I never got used to the whole pill so I take half at a time. I don't think there is anything stronger or more effective.

I know a guy from high school, he's married to my deceased brother in law's widow. Anyway, I have run into him a couple times at the Kaiser pharmacy. Get this! He told me he takes 8-325/10 Norco per day This is a massive dosage! The last time I saw him, also at the pharmacy, he asked me my name three times! I went to high school with him, he is practically a relative and he lives about 6 blocks up the street! I don't know if it's his age or swallowing that much drugs, but he ain't right, and I could see him losing track of what he took and when. In fact, I should really call Kathy and find out how Al is doing? I bet she is concerned.

Thanks for the email, I'll get back to you.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2019 04:12 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to my world constant pain 24 7 365 I was addicted to oxy contin twice. The second time I took myself through withdrawals . They have place I'm sure just not for me be careful Vic! Good luck on whichever way you decide . Heal quickly prayers from here !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2019 07:32 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't have any sort of problem. I used to get 50 a month and they must have done an audit and probably fainted, the Norco combined with the morphine, so they cut my morphine without any consultation whatsoever. Long story, but I finally got it straightened out, so they cut the Norco in half, instead. I only, and have always used that drug as needed, not on a regimen, every day, so many. For me, days go by and I don't feel the need for that pill. So, 25 pills are supposed to last me 30 days, they actually calculate it, to keep me under the limit; I guess there actually is a formula, but how in the hell can my buddy Al get away with 8 per day? And, I don't even know what's wrong with him but he must suffer from some gigantic pain? Could be that some people build up a tolerance and now it takes 8 pills to control the pain that 6 pills used to control, last year?

All I know is that the morphine is what I need to be able to stand up for longer than 5 minutes and that's in lieu of spinal surgery, something that I won't even consider. But I'm not kidding, 8 friggin' Norco a day is mind boggling, in my opinion! This is a classification of narcotics where they won't mail the Rx, you have to pick it up in person and show I.D., same with the morphine sulfate, which is a timed release tablet.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: PS I am addicted to the morphine, no doubt. I think I've been taking it for about 7 years, maybe 8? My point is that I know that I am, when I forget to take it. Usually it's when I run out and the pharmacy is closed on weekends but I go into a mild withdrawal, which could get worse, I guess? But, it's jittery nervous, unpleasant feeling that I don't recognize right away for what it is. It's a dependency and I don't like the sound of it but kay sera sera. Main thing is, don't run out!

[ November 25, 2019, 07:41 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2019 08:16 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
What you are doing is controlled and minimal drugs. they were giving 20 mgs every four hours it did not stop the pain but you didn't care ! The muscles in my neck are flexed full tilt all the time trust me it hurts. I stay busy during the day its is just a distraction at night three shots of bourbon and off to bed. Hey I am still alive !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2019 09:21 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Take Tylenol to help extent the tramadol.
Been on it since the knee operation.
It really does work.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted November 25, 2019 10:01 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah well, I don't know what I would do in your situation, BUT, it is my opinion that there is some combo or some drug that will work for you and I don't know how you got addicted to that stuff that didn't work, but in my opinion, it's no reason to suffer without trying something a little different that might work?

Like, for instance, Vic knows that whatever they gave him didn't work. So, WTF? Find something that does work! Well, if he tries the Oxycodone and gets some relief, then he can talk to his doctor and tell him; this seems to help? If, at that point, the guy won't prescribe it for him, there is something very wrong, somewhere! I think it's fuking ridiculous that you have severe pain 24/7/365 and just put up with it. I also think there has to be a method or regimen that will provide relief and as far as the withdrawal symptoms, (no offense) but I assume you became addicted to a drug that didn't work as advertised and in stopping ingestion, at that point, you found out that you were hooked on something that wasn't effective anyway? That's a hell of a thing to happen, but I still think some dialogue between you and your doctor could have come up with a solution without going cold turkey, which is adding insult to injury.

Like with me, I happened to be assigned a different doctor when my doctor left primary care and started on staff at the new hospital in Ontario. So, this new doctor looked at my situation and didn't even blink, he put me on the morphine which neither the previous Dr or me had ever considered. That's all it takes and damn, what a difference for me! And the Dr that put me on it is a DO, an Osteopath which is same as a MD (as far as I know?) except they also do chiropractor. Kaiser has some on staff, what the percentages are, I don't know? All I'm saying, is if that one guy, (he's a "ski", BTW) but if he had not wrote that Rx, I might be in the same boat as you for 8 years running, and I don't even want to think about that shit!

I don't know if you can find some sense and some value in my explanations, but it kinda sounds like you have given up on solutions 'cause you're a tough guy. I think you should think it over, maybe there is a solution you have not tried? Can't hurt, in my opinion. But, I know. It's just like the man across the street, he's also made up his mind. And, he's a crabby & miserable little fuck....and you're not, but I'd like to see you do something for yourself.

End of sermon, for what it's worth.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2019 11:33 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I bet you've torn the Mencius in your knee and it does hurt and hurts a long time.
I had my left foot roll on a rock the ankle/foot went to the left and the knee went to the right. Sliding down hill on pine needles I was raking up.

I finally went in this spring for a MRI and have a canyon type tear in the Mencius. Found out Mencius can not be repaired after the age of 50. I went a year limping and in pain.

You need a MRI ASAP and get if figured out.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2019 05:37 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Mencius can not be repaired after the age of 50.
Holy shit! This is when they take him out and shoot him....ain't it? He's way over 50, and looks 80, at least, has that real sexy & neatly trimmed gray beard; if you like that kind of stuff? I'm pretty sure he's collecting social security so he's at least 62, minimum. I need to quit picking on him, he is so sensitive! edit: but my hero, for sure! He won't give up on 17, either.

Good hunting. El Bee

[ November 25, 2019, 05:41 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Az-Hunter
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted November 25, 2019 08:26 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll find out 12/2 what my options are? Your to kind Leonard, turned 66 this year.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted November 26, 2019 06:14 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The spell police tell me that you misspelled "too" haha!

edit: oh, and I was kidding, you don't look a day over 65.

[ November 26, 2019, 06:15 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DEL GUE
SECOND PLACE: Mad Bomber lookalike contest
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted November 27, 2019 11:26 AM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Vic,

I'm with earthwalker. I'm thinking mebbeso you tore your meniscus. Get the absolute best ortho doc you can find, and make sure they do an MRI on that knee. Hopefully, that's what it is. I have heard many times from many people not to have total knee replacement surgery until you absolutely have no other choice.

Who said a torn meniscus can't be repaired if you're over 50?????

I beg to differ.

Two years ago about February I developed pain in my right knee. It kinda came and went, but when it was fully aroused, it hurt like heck. I was almost limping some days. Finally asked my primary care doc about it, showed him where, and he thought it might be a torn meniscus. He sent me for an MRI. An x-ray won't detect a torn meniscus. I fired the first ortho doc I got referred to after he gave me 2 cortisone shots and said that should take care of it, but it still hurt. The night before a hurricane was coming through found me at the E.R. trying to get some relief because I had to work the next day when the hurricane rolled through. The nurses suggested I go to an ortho outfit nearby. They have 2 brothers working there, among other doctors, and these 2 brothers are hotshots, gunslingers, you could say. They aren't just good...they are damn good. The Pittsburgh Pirates use them during spring training, as well as IMG, a local school for rich kid wannabe sports superstars. So these 2 docs know their stuff.

Turned out I had a torn meniscus in my right knee and had worked most of the year with it torn. One of the brothers did surgery on it and now I'm good.

The following year, last year, we were walking a girl out to the car to Baker Act her and she deliberately tripped me, me falling on top of her. Sure enough, it tore my left meniscus. Surgery on the left knee, and now I'm good. He did tell me I have moderate arthritis in both knees. Goes with getting old. Both surgeries were done outpatient.

The first surgery was when I was 60 years old, and the second was when I was 61 years old. So yes, it can be repaired if you're over 50. (Maybe you had some kind of weird, unusual tear???)

The key to meniscus surgery is once you get home, start taking the pain meds right away. Once the anesthetic from the surgery wears off, if you aren't fully on the pain meds, it will hurt like bloody hell itself. Also not a bad idea to have a cane around for the first day or two. They had me going to physical therapy 2 days after the surgery.

My apologies for not getting back to you on the Campfire earlier. I just noticed your p.m. today. I've been bouncing around forums as my interests wander...muzzleloading, astronomy, trout fishing, weather, all sorts of stuff. Plus my 95 year old father's wife passed earlier this year, and I had to retire early to watch after him. He has the onset of dementia and alzheimers and was getting lost regularly while driving. And then I've had health issues of my own rearing their ugly heads.

If you have any questions, lemme know and I'll try to answer them. I was out of work for a month after each surgery.

In other news, I went to a conclave of the Fiberglass Flyrodders last year in Livingston, MT, and won me a new hand-made $650 fiberglass fly rod in a raffle! Then a few days later I was down in Yellowstone park and caught 2 brook trout with it! Those were the first two trout I've ever caught on a fly rod, and the first two trout I've ever caught in the Rocky By God mountains! They were little fellas, but brook trout they were!

Recently picked up a Lyman Great Plains Rifle in .54 percussion, and last year got a Tikka T3x Lite stainless LH in .270 Win.

Regrettably, my beloved Airedale Terrier, Bone Daddy, died this year. He was 14. But a few months later through the coconut telegraph I came onto a 3 year old female Airedale. She is a fantastic dog in all respects. Her name is Harley Quinn. She jumps up on my bed at night and curls up and goes to sleep.

That's about it for now. I hope y'all be getting ready for turkey day!

[ November 27, 2019, 11:51 AM: Message edited by: DEL GUE ]

--------------------
"I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart." - Bear Claw

Posts: 588 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 14 posted November 27, 2019 02:26 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, if that isn't a blast from the past!

Can you confirm that your screen name is taken from the character in JeramiaJohnson, buried with only his head exposed?

In any case, nice to be brought up to speed. Thank you.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted November 27, 2019 03:26 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
My surgeon is the one who told me and he's been at this business a long time. One of the best in our area.

Had to go to the hospital yesterday morning. Check in was 0530. Left at midnight. He did a manipulation on the knee. They put me out to get the leg relaxed and that was that. I could walk better on the way home and today I feel like a million bucks. Glad it was done and it's over with. I'm walking with little pain and I'm bending. What a relief.

On my MRI the tear looked like a canyon. Tiny tears I know they will trim them up and usually you're good to go,

--------------------

DEL GUE
SECOND PLACE: Mad Bomber lookalike contest
Member # 1526

Icon 1 posted November 27, 2019 06:32 PM      Profile for DEL GUE   Email DEL GUE         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard,

Yessir. Name be taken from the character in Jeremiah Johnson.

Earthwalker,

Dunno. All I can tell ya is what happened with me. Two torn, two fixed. The second was back in farther than the first. I am now tryin' to avoid activities that might cause them to tear again. The first time was no picnic. Glad to hear you're doing better!

[ November 27, 2019, 06:32 PM: Message edited by: DEL GUE ]

--------------------
"I never could find no tracks on a woman's heart." - Bear Claw

Posts: 588 | From: FL | Registered: Jul 2007  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 27, 2019 07:03 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow !!!
Del Gue emerged from his den, saw his shadow and now we'll have six more weeks of winter.
No, wait;........... that ain't right.
Anyway, good to hear you're still looking down to see the dirt.
Everybody have a Happy Turkey Day. [Big Grin]

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters