The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Morning (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Morning
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2019 08:16 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Woowee it's down right cold out this morning. Hit 18* but it's the wind that isn't helping one bit.

Kind of a rough week. P.T. last week ended up being or turning out rough. Got home and iced down again and while icing kept feeling like the wrap was tightening up. Took it off and the knee had ballooned up big time. Scared us to no end. Spent the next day resting and icing it by evening it had went down somewhat.

Seen the doctor on Friday. He had seen this problem before and it can get serious. It had popped something while at rehab and had bled into the knee until it filled up. Was told to take it easy and try and get the blood moved out. The worst thing is infection.
Don't know if just going to town and so forth caused it but didn't feel well at all yesterday. Feeling like I'll live today and the knee swelling is back down to normal. It's sore so being careful not to over do the stretches. Also with the amount of stretches I've been doing has inflamed the tendon on the ankle so making walking very painful. This just isn't my fall. Didn't get out at all for deer hunting and our cow elk hunt start's this coming Friday. Have a feeling it'll be tag soup for me again.
Getting old just plain out and out sucks. [Confused]

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2019 10:32 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Not getting better over here ! but I'm still pushing air !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2019 11:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
18 degrees? I was in Huntington Beach Friday and everybody was bitching because it was 94*. And, today, I don't know? I guess it must be mid 80's right now? Here. Eighteen degrees seems weird, but if you say so?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted October 27, 2019 12:38 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
Been snowing here all morning and early afternoon. Supposed to get down to low of 5 degrees and a high of 29 degrees Tuesday. Seems a little early to be this cold...Hope it’s not a sign for things to come. Not looking forward to a long cold winter....

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2019 04:18 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
11 so far this morning. Suppose to get real cold next couple of days with slight chance of snow tomorrow. Cold dropping down deep into US.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2019 05:22 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
EW if it's 11* whtf is real cold !
I know leonard nice weather but we don't shit on the sidewalk's ! Tell Nancy I said hi !

[ October 28, 2019, 05:24 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2019 05:26 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
It's not my fault I was born a smart ass !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2019 05:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It must be localized? I saw no shit on the sidewalks in Huntington Beach, nor have I seen anything but an occasional mess left by an inconsiderate dog owner, in the City of Upland.

Along that line of reasoning, and attending Obedience Class with Tillie; I have learned a well dressed dog walker needs a cleanup kit and a small bag of treats.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2019 06:06 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
What a great idea for a Calif. Chamber of Commerce ad campaign; NO SHIT ON OUR SIDEWALKS !!

[Razz] [Razz] [Razz]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2019 06:10 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
BELOW THE BELT!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2019 07:12 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
It's OK; We're not perfect over here. I did see a pile of horse apples in the middle of a dirt road in Safford one time .............. or was it Ash Fork ??? I get confused sometimes.

Speaking of horses.......... There's a couple of Hispanics that ride by my place now & then doing drills with their horses. Forward, backward, tight turns, trotting in a circle...... that type of thing. Totally cool to watch. Around these parts, the phrase "He rides like a Mexican" is not a slur but rather a term of respect.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2019 10:21 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I have seen some great Mexican Horseman And some damned good Mexican rodeo !

Most of the poop is around Nancy's district !

You live in an elite district , gotta go downtown or the Valley for the real look at the homeless !

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2019 10:36 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The coming winter rains should wash all the shit off of the sidewalks ........... but if they ever get that fire along the 405 put out the rain will likely wash that freeway out to Malibu. Might have to raise the gas tax in Calif. another buck a gallon or rebuild the 405 as a toll road.

Wind's blowing out of the west ....... I think I smell smoke.

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2019 12:37 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Now they're saying 7 degrees tomorrow night.

Brrrrr

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
BangPop
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3876

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2019 05:03 PM      Profile for BangPop           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll pop in for my bi-annual post. [Big Grin] It is supposed to be -24 in West Yellowstone tomorrow night. I believe I'll go call some foxes.
Posts: 28 | From: Gallatin Gateway, Montana | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2019 05:18 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
-24 as in DEGREES ????? [Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------

BangPop
Member # 3876

Icon 1 posted October 28, 2019 06:22 PM      Profile for BangPop           Edit/Delete Post 
Degrees is what I was told. I'll call fast and get my ass back in the pickup.
Posts: 28 | From: Gallatin Gateway, Montana | Registered: Jul 2011  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2019 04:00 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
- 24 holy shit !!!!!

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2019 04:02 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
8* right now. Wind chill -3 has been down to wind chill -10 so far this morning. Had snow and wind when the front hit last night. Have bare spots and drifts out in the drive area.
Paul 18 and so forth isn't cold just not mentally prepared for it.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2019 05:38 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Back to the Mexican horsemen. I have always heard that they were pretty mean to their mounts, as a technique? No gentleness, and a lump of sugar, but hard physical punishment if not obeyed. Anybody?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 29, 2019 06:47 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I have heard some of that too leonard a horse can be better trained gentle !

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2019 04:35 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Minus 4 so far

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2019 06:14 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Computer says a balmy eleven above but, feels like five though.. [Big Grin]

[ October 30, 2019, 06:15 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
BangPop
Member # 3876

Icon 1 posted October 30, 2019 06:32 AM      Profile for BangPop           Edit/Delete Post 
Lying weather men and politicians. It only made it down to -18 in West last night.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted October 30, 2019 08:14 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Our freezers were kept at 25 below and the fans were the real bitch. Any time we might need to stay in there for a while, we could turn off the fans and it was tolerable. Make no mistake, wind chill is a serious thing.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters