The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » 15 new California gun laws

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 15 new California gun laws
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2019 05:56 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not sure if this has been posted before but.... Kommifornia has passed 15 new guns laws. Leonard may be a newly minted felon without knowing it.

New gun laws

Comments from the article:

"SB 61 – This law does not allow people under the age of 21 to buy semiautomatic rifles. The law also does not allow people to purchase more than one semiautomatic, centerfire rifle in 30 days.

Does this also apply to convicted felons, limiting them to 1 illegal gun purchase per month?

SB 376 – This law prevents individuals from selling large numbers of firearms without a license by capping the number of annual sales at five transactions or 50 guns.

It’s already illegal to sell a firearm in California without a federal firearms license. This is as useful as a law that caps individuals from killing large numbers of people with an annual cap of five killing sprees or 50 deaths.

AB 645 – This law requires packaging for firearms to contain a warning statement on suicide prevention.

Nobody will ever commit suicide again because of this stern warning the same way people don’t drink or smoke.

AB 879 – This law requires, starting in 2024, that the sale of firearms precursor parts be conducted through a licensed firearms precursor part vendor.

Is a licensed firearms precursor vendor even a real thing? I suspect buying gun parts in California is now a thing of the past.

AB 1669 – This law updates existing law by applying the same gun show regulations that already apply to firearms dealers to ammunition vendors. This law also ensures that sufficient funding is available for firearm regulatory efforts.

So no more ammo sales at gun shows?

AB 1297 – This law requires any local authority issuing concealed firearm licenses to charge an applicant a fee sufficient to cover the reasonable costs of processing, issuing and enforcement of the license. This law also eliminates the existing $100 limit on processing fees for concealed firearm licenses.

Awesome! A state that barely issues concealed carry permits can now deny people their rights by charge a million bucks for a license.

AB 893 – This law prohibits the sale of firearms and ammunition at the Del Mar Fairgrounds in the County of San Diego, the City of Del Mar, the City of San Diego.

That seems like an oddly specific do-nothing gun law.

AB 12 – This law extends the amount of time before a person can buy a gun to five years if they have a gun violence restraining order placed against them to five years.

Even more awesome. Anyone who has their guns confiscated without due process now has to wait 5 years to get their guns and gun ownership rights back.

AB 61 – This law allows for people in a workplace or school to file a gun violence restraining order against a coworker, employee, employer, or student.

Most awesomest yet. Anyone with a personal grievance can have someone’s guns taken away from them.

AB 339 – This law requires law enforcement to create policies and standards. This plan is to make it easier for people to request a gun violence restraining order.

It stands to reason that if the cops are going to take people’s guns away without due process, it should be much easier for them to do it.

AB 164 – This law makes it illegal for a person without an out-of-state, valid restraining order, injunction, or protective order to follow their state’s laws while in California.

What if it’s an illegal alien with an out-of-country restraining order? I bet they get to keep their guns in sanctuary California.

AB 1493 – This law authorizes a person who is the subject of a gun violence restraining order to petition to submit a form to the court voluntarily relinquishing their firearm rights.

I have no idea what that law means. I guess if someone has their guns taken away, they have to submit a form or they will have their guns doubly taken away.

AB 1548 – This law requires that the Nonprofit Security Grant Program is to improve the physical security of nonprofit organizations that are at high risk of violent attacks or hate crimes due to ideology, beliefs, or mission.

What is the point of this? Don’t the 14 other gun control laws eliminate gun violence like Governor Newsom said?

AB 1603 – This law codifies the California Violence Intervention and Prevention Grant Program to help reduce violence in communities that are disproportionately impacted by violence.

Nothing reduces violence like codifying shit.

AB 521 – This law requires, with the adoption of a resolution by the University of California, the UC Firearm Violence Research Center at the University of California, Davis, to develop multifaceted education and training programs for medical and mental health providers on the prevention of firearm-related injury and death."

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2019 06:36 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I get ill driving toward the border ! what
a shithole !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2019 10:32 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It is disgusting.

The part that drives me nuts is the Democrat super majority legislature brainstorming more restrictive and useless laws. They keep churning them out. It would be nice to see the courts toss them but I haven't heard of this happening.

Please, we need an intervention! Somebody capture Bosinski, hogtie him to a friggin' rail and goose step him across the border and threaten him with bodily harm if he should ever try to sneak back into the freakin' state.

WHAT'S WRONG WITH THAT JERK?

The Land of the Fruits and The Nuts is obviously no place for intelligent people to live, so what's his excuse? Obviously, he's a dumb shit, that's why!

I GIVE UP! Go ahead! Beat him up! Knock some sense into his thick skull! It's a no brainer! Get the fuck out of Dodge, Moron! What the hell are you waiting for? By this time next year, they will have passed a law to confiscate all you guns and charge you the market value for doing so plus fines and assessments retroactive.

FREEDOM? What the hell is that? Kick his ass! At gunpoint! he's too stupid to figure it out for himself! Needs a committee to beat some sense into is thick skull! WHAT A FUKING MAROON! STUPIDO GRINGO!

Now shut up and vacillate, asshole!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31467 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted October 14, 2019 05:20 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Meanwhile, in lowly Kansas, someone suggested we allow consenting adults with no past violent criminal history to carry on college campuses. Been a coupla years since we did that and we're still waiting for the proverbial blood river in the campus gutters.

Congrats to those Okies for giving the greenlight to Constitutional Carry. Keeps folks like us more polite when we know that anyone/ everyone might be packing. I've yet to hear of a civilian shooting another civilian without a damned good reason. Can't say the same for LE.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 15, 2019 03:32 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Arizona is a constitutional carry state we may carry open or concealed without a permit I have not renewed my permit in years the only advantage to the permit is you can carry in an establishment that serves alcohol but may not drink . I leave my sidearm in the car and have a beer with lunch !

[ October 15, 2019, 03:34 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 15, 2019 11:18 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but. Don't you have a problem leaving your piece in the vehicle? Maybe not? Kinda, damned if you do and damned if you don't.

So, what about my asshole governor?

https://www.nraila.org/articles/20180608/california-farmer-has-guns-confiscated-and-faces-felony-charges-after-trying-to-register-rifle

Now, the problem I have is the "raid" aspect. Zealous Rambo law enforcement hardly needs a reason to knock down doors while a citizen attempts to comply with regulations.

I suppose I could be shot dead while SWAT tries to check for compliance. I've been saying for a long time, cops have a one track mind about guns. They are not rational. Bunker mentality. If I have a firearm and the police knows about it or suspects it, they take no chances.

Just take this event that happened in Texas. Two cops are sneaking around in a citizens back yard at 2 am. Woman hears noise, grabs her gun and looks out the window. Cop sees her and shoots her dead! End of story! PS, apparently, cop violated a bunch of department policies! This one should be mandatory for the training videos. Cop paranoia: show me your hands! Oh well, never mind.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31467 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2019 11:49 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Hijack !! I don't know how true it is ? but, in regards to Kalifornia. I'm hearing power blackouts when winds are present for maybe a decade ?
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted October 23, 2019 12:48 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
If we had only built more of those wind propeller things we wouldn't have this problem. WE ONLY HAVE TEN YEARS !!!!!!!

There are few times when one would need a handgun more than during a power outage in Los Angeles.
[Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 24, 2019 04:52 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I love the wind turbines when driving into the cesspool Near Palm Springs you can see them on display we call them the dizzy sticks ! They require more energy to build than they will ever produce. And now they are paying 'Montana' I think to take them into land fills for disposal. they were never anything but a tax scam for the rich and whatever !

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters