The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » here's the insistent babble for more than a hundred years, and it's consistently WRO

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: here's the insistent babble for more than a hundred years, and it's consistently WRO
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 06, 2019 01:04 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is a compilation of predictions and various articles scaring the shit out of the public by warning of disastrous changes in global climate. It's beyond comical. You have to wonder what satisfaction people get from worrying over stuff they cannot control. Fortunately, Liberals now believe they can do something about it....and good luck with that!

https://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2014/08/120_years_of_climate_scares.html

edit: this is the one I really like, contains a little honesty to explain their dishonesty!

1989 -“On the one hand, as scientists we are ethically bound to the scientific method, in effect promising to tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but – which means that we must include all doubts, the caveats, the ifs, ands and buts. On the other hand, we are not just scientists but human beings as well. And like most people we’d like to see the world a better place, which in this context translates into our working to reduce the risk of potentially disastrous climate change. To do that we need to get some broad based support, to capture the public’s imagination. That, of course, means getting loads of media coverage. So we have to offer up scary scenarios, make simplified, dramatic statements, and make little mention of any doubts we might have. This “double ethical bind” we frequently find ourselves in cannot be solved by any formula. Each of us has to decide what the right balance is between being effective and being honest. I hope that means being both.” – Stephen Schneider, lead author of the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change,Discover magazine, October 1989

[ October 06, 2019, 01:07 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2019 06:26 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I remember back in the 80's the hole in the ozone I stopped using s aerosol shaving cream and went back to a brush and soap . Now I use that shave gel good stuff ! these fuckin people are crazy getting close to clean up time!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted October 07, 2019 09:51 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Make up your mind! I thought you quit shaving as a protest? Or, was that just for the duration of Obama's administration? It seems more civilized to shave, don't you agree, Santa?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters