The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Must be....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Must be....
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2019 06:32 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
..better cause I'm getting very resttless and grouchy about everything.
Trying not to take the other half's head off. A week of sitting in the house watching tv is getting very old. Been trying to glass what little of the mountain I can see and have only seen skiff of snow.
Some geese that fly by in the line of vision.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1104 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2019 08:55 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Made it out side. Walked around a little then I was starting to fade. Made it back to one of my benches and sat down. Called a cousin and she kept talking and talking. Finally had to cut her off so I could get back inside. Got the leg up and ice on. Feel a little tired but felt good to be in the fresh cool air.

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2019 01:01 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
For what it's worth;
The more you push yourself now, the more better it will be in the long run.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7511 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2019 01:32 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
That starts on the 27 more or less when I go into rehab.
Have to go down to the old place Monday for a couple of days. Figure I'll be wore out by the time we get back.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 21, 2019 07:02 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Out of left field, I have to say, dogs are getting expensive!

I can't have Tillie spayed until she's 9 months, they say.
City license was $50-1 yr.
Assorted chew toys $40
I.D. chip installed $40+registered $40
Registration UKC $60
Shots, boosters at the vet, $65
City clinic rabies shots $55
flea pill $28
Flea spray $15
9 combo injections @ feed store $45
Kennel $70
Kennel Pad $25
Food....have to think about it? (eats like a horse)
Collar $20
Leash $12
Obedience School $135/6 lessons

I know, that's not a lot, but damn!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31336 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2019 03:15 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
That's a lot !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2019 03:45 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Try owning horses. Never lived where we had to have a dog license. Never have chipped a dog. Sure you have a dog? Or a high maintenance wife?

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2019 03:58 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Still cheaper than kids. [Smile]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7511 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2019 05:32 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Horses and extra money three words that will never go together!
Everything is cheaper than kids but would not trade a minute of it most rewarding thing on the planet ! and grand kids are even better you can send them home after you sugar them up LOL!

I get all my pet meds online and administer them myself cant afford a vet too far away !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2019 06:44 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What kind of backwater is Ashfork? No Veterinarian?

I tried to order next month's flea pill. They asked for the Vet's contact info for the Rx and I never heard back? This VCA is apparently a big outfit, and nothing is cheap. A copay for an office visit with Kaiser is $20. VCA is $55. Their flea pill was $28, the online pharmacy wanted $16 for a pill to treat a 30 pound dog.

Tillie has not gained very much in the past month, maybe 5-6 pounds, but she is growing for sure. I have changed holes on her collar 4 times, I'm on the last hole, next stop is another collar.

I have a problem with ants, little fuckers, but millions of them. She won't eat the kibble if there are ants in it; understandable, right?

So, I devised a plan. Put her feed bowl, float it inside a larger steel bowl. Spray the outside of the large bowl with Any and Roach spray, and that should do the trick, right?

Except, she wants to drink from the side of the large bowl instead of the water bowl right next to it, thereby erasing that clever "ant moat" I devised.

Next, she drops a few kibbles on the concrete, here and there, which never fails to draw a crowd....of ants!

Next, I've been giving her a few rib bones which she takes to her outdoor bed, which is one of those small batch concrete mixing tubs and which, ( you guessed it) draws ants into the pillow and towels in her tub.

The other game is, drag the bedding all over the yard, and not once has she ever put any of it back, I play make the bed 1-2 times a day. But, she sure is cute.

Went to get her sprayed for fleas yesterday, the $15 application mentioned above. Naturally, she barfed in the kennel. She is not riding free in the car anymore, she likes to help me drive, she does think she is a lap dog and my recliner is getting a bit crowded. That's one thing I remember about Red; she could lay on a California King and take up more space than two adult humans. Tillie has same talent for spreading out, especially upside down.

I'm supposed to be getting a "training collar" from my son, one of these days. It's supposed to shorten the learning curve on several commands. We shall see if it's still needed after we start obedience school next Saturday. First lesson, don't bring Tillie; I suppose there is homework? But, latest Orvis catalog has a deal, personalized collar and leash for $30. I think I will probably order it very soon? Right now, I only have a hand me down, "faggy" purple leash, and I can tell she is a little embarrassed to be drug around by it.

So, I was saying she might have only gained about 5 pounds in the last 3 weeks or so but there is no doubt she is stretching out. Yesterday, after the flea bath, we stopped at the dog park. There was only one dog on the small, timid, young and elderly dog side, so we ventured into the big dog side and she was immediately surrounded by three big dogs, including a pair of beefy Boxers. Well, they turned out to be her romping buddies, she paid no attention to me until I was ready to go home. She's ready for the big dog side, even though she's a narrow ass lite weight, but she runs like a Greyhound. And, she still attracts a lot of curious attention, she thinks she's a damned beauty queen? Everyone wants to know what she is? Even if they still have no clue what is a Blue Tick Coon Hound.

That's it for now, you are all knowed up!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2019 06:58 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Hope this is a link tor the service I use all the operators a licensed vet assistants very knowledgeable . Don't knock Ash fork we have three gas stations and a Family Dollar ! I live here because its this way !
https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwiNn9Hr2eTkAhWIt-wKHQiCClYYABAAGgJwag&ohost=www.google.com&cid=CAASEuRohJ-EjzDqgNMHiWXfTCrRWA&sig=AOD64_0VLDVYMO-vpLMlSHZ nSbMoL7YJiA&q=&ved=2ahUKEwigmcvr2eTkAhUKqp4KHUlGDX8Q0Qx6BAgNEAE&adurl=

[ September 22, 2019, 07:04 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2019 07:00 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Directions to Ash Fork;
Go to the middle of nowhere.
Turn onto the dirt road & go to the end.
'bout six miles before where the old barn used to be turn onto the two-track.
Drive the two-track until you get stuck.
Walk the rest of the way and there you are !!!!

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2019 07:06 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
thats about right KOKO just be sure to pass my place completely !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2019 09:26 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
....and if you wind up at the rock quarry, you missed the turn off on the left. Don't even try to hunt that canyon on the right, you will never drag anything out of there, should you somehow tumble and slide to the bottom. And, I was backdoored by something pretty big that made a pretty big crashing sound and scared the crap out of me! Had to be a bear or a buck or a friggin' cow!

Well, got a date I've been working on for some time now. Wish me luck!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2019 09:57 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Probably an elk I've only seen bear scat twice out here !
Ps got get laid !

[ September 22, 2019, 09:57 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2019 10:49 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard;
You haven't been up there lately. He's got a big sign at the head of that canyon "Northern Arizona Democratic Convention Site. FREE STUFF" with an arrow pointing down into the canyon. There's electric hybred cars down in there that will never get out again. Mothers are starting to tell their children stories about that canyon to frighten them into behaving.
And the rabbit !!! ………….. There's even rumors about a four foot tall rabbit.

[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2019 02:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The sign says: "Free Stuff Down There"
You'd have to be pretty stupid to fall for that!
Besides, there's nothing down there, I looked!
It looks pretty "catty" if you ask me?
I just gave it away, now Paul will show up with his cages!

[Roll Eyes]

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted September 22, 2019 03:29 PM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Horses and extra money three words that will never go together!
I'll add another..............

Two of the happiest days of my life was the day I bought a ski boat and the day I sold a ski boat.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 405 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2019 05:34 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Semp ,
Boy howdy and I was glad to take the loss !
On the water I always had a boat full of people when I was fueling it or washing it I was always alone LOL

[ September 23, 2019, 05:36 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2019 06:22 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, boats! I could really contribute to that discussion. Not me but my parents sold their comfortable house that appreciated in value on a daily basis. And they bought a twin Diesel 41 footer that required daily maintenance, as soon as the dew dried up so they could sand the wood accruements, tend to the zinc plates and prep for the annual haul out to dry dock, scrape the hull, and hire divers to check through hulls for electrolysis, etc. You get used to EVERYTHING smelling of Diesel fuel, (I hear?) Now try to find a competent Diesel mechanic that's not 5 months backlogged. I helped when I could, which wasn't much, actually. But, those days on the water were glorious. We used to sock in at least 20 cases of cheap beer, for runs into Mexican waters. They talked about making Hawaii by plopping fuel bladders on the fantail, but unfortunately, that never happened, or maybe fortunately, two elderly people alternating standing watch on the trackless ocean was a recipe for, who knows.

You really have to think twice, biting off a chunk of responsibility like that. I look at their Seth Thomas nautical chronograph every day (over my fireplace) and wind it every 6 days. Charming, it is. And, just about the last memento of that retirement adventure. I'm sure they enjoyed the whole thing and were equally relieved to walk away from it. Knowing what I know now, not in a million years would I be tempted! Boats, that really defines the old slogan; a hole into which you dump money.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit:
PS Hey Paul, I looked at that pet med site. How do you get around the requirement for a prescription?

[ September 23, 2019, 06:57 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

tedo
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4320

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2019 07:18 AM      Profile for tedo   Email tedo         Edit/Delete Post 
To paraphrase a quote of Samuel Johnson "being in a ship is being in a jail with the chance of being drowned". Having spent spent numerous years working on the Bering Sea, Chukchi Sea, and Gulf of Alaska I concur.
Posts: 73 | From: S.E. Arizona | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2019 07:46 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard
I have never had to have script they send me rabies virus and 5 in one all the time worming meds any thing I ask for !

--------------------

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted September 23, 2019 01:03 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
A number of places will sell you rabies vaccines but you won't get the licensure that you need to register your dog. That takes a vet. Have always give my own 5- and 7 way shots, from the farm supply.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted September 24, 2019 04:55 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
They always send the license I just have to fill it out and sign it !

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters