The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Where's Leonard ????? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Where's Leonard ?????
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted August 17, 2019 02:11 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Housebreaking is an art;
When she squats, (indoors) give her the command voice "NO" and right out the door. When she squats, (outdoors) heavy on the "Good Dog !!!" and give her a treat. Eventually, she will equate 'squat, outdoors & treat' and will want to go out when the time comes. Keep the treats coming when she deserves one.
Good luck & remember, it's a process not an unbroken line.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7588 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted August 18, 2019 03:05 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, thank you for that wisdom. This process is about two hours, this morning, starting at 2 when she woke me up crying. I scolded her and brought her kennel inside, right here in front of me. She settled down and went to sleep within 5 minutes. So, I'm tired but I don't know what the next move should be, push her back outside or try to sneak to bed and leave her where she is? Maybe I'll turn out the light and see if I can sleep here? shit, see the time now is two hours!

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31490 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted August 18, 2019 04:26 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I love my dishwasher we've been married 44 years.
I always started the house training early in the whelping box floor covered in news paper them move the paper out of the box when they are out they return to the news paper to do their biz slowly I would move the news paper to the door then eventually outside soon they would be at the door trying to get to the paper, It sounds like you are well past that deal ,They love routine make going out with you a ritual she will suck it up and soon all will be well in puppyland !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters