The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Weather in real time

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Weather in real time
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2019 11:13 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Hunkered down in the basement with the family and dogs. Tornado warning. Rotation about four miles north of me and zero visibility rain right now. Winds at 70 mph. Aaahhh Ahhhh Kansas! Third time this year. Almost a record!

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2019 11:27 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
LOL, survived another one!!! 1/2 in of rain in less than fifteen minutes. Just now putting us in a tornado watch. {shrugs}

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2019 11:37 AM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Successful family effort at cowering for our lives in the family room. Everyone grabbed shoes, phones, ID's, meds, wallets and purses and even the dogs even though Harley had to be bribed with cheese and certain death if he failed to comply. Decided hiding out under an antique rocker upstairs was a less than perfect strategy. When the all clear was given, I grabbed the opportunity to yell, "Damage Report?!?"

We got this.

[ June 18, 2019, 11:38 AM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2019 02:41 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Baffling! There's where we need the wall. Yellow tape, fence it off as uninhabitable., condemn it, why take the risk? You deserve a medal! We're starting a gofund me to move you, your ruka, Harley and his dog, perhaps to a nice safe San Francisco location.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2019 06:51 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I'll start shitting in the street out front first thing tomorrow just to get it down.

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2019 07:35 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe Occasional Alexandra Cortez could declare Kansas to be a 'Tornado Sanctuary'. She hasn't said anything stupid for about 20 minutes and is overdue.

[Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2019 02:26 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
Glad the tornado passed you by. When you make the move to San Fran don't forget your Wally World tent.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2019 03:50 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Semp
They are from Kansas they don't need no stinking tent.
Glad all are safe I could not live there !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted June 19, 2019 05:04 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Live where?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2019 05:30 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Kansas or a Pelosi village good chance of steppin in it a getting a bad case of Nancyfoot !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2019 04:00 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Decided not to move. If and when I do, it needs to 1) have coyotes. 2) I need to be able to have my guns to hunt them with, and 3) I must be able to use real ammo. Cali's only good for one of three nowadays. I'd rather hide from tornadoes than from piss-covered liberal California snowflakes any ol' day. I understand tornadoes.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2019 04:52 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I almost exclusively hunt out of state. What does that tell you? And we pretty much invented predator hunting out here.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2019 06:23 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Cortez didn't disappoint; Concentration camps on our boarder. That bimbo is dumber than a sack of rocks. [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2019 07:44 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
ko ko, the thing that pisses me off is that she is everywhere! The networks give that idiot plenty of airtime. She is a flaming fucking radical and they can't get enough of her and her preposterous ideas!

What's with Liberals? The only comparative negative group they rely on is Nazi's and Hitler. Border detention same as death camps. No wonder you can't take them seriously!

But, think about it. AOC went to a well known and respected University where she apparently learned NOTHING? Nothing but radical Leftist ideas. That's the trouble with our institutions of higher education. They truly are indoctrination centers for Radical Left Wing Ideology. It's no wonder all 25 of those Democrats running for President want to give everybody a free college education!

The problem is, upon gradation, they have no employable skills other than being a keyboard commando. If taxpayers really understood how many of these kids don't deserve a free education, they would put a stop to it in a hurry. And, as night follows day, now these assholes want to give that free education to illegal immigrants, along with a driver's license and a voter I.D.

I'll say it again; and this time, pay attention! Liberalism is a damned MENTAL ILLNESS!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2019 10:41 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Here's a thought;
Instead of a free college education for our young citizens...… how about a free trade school education & they can go to work and pay for their own college education. Eh ???

[ June 20, 2019, 10:43 AM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2019 08:38 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
AND ANOTHER THING;
How many of my tax dollars were spent on the Public Education of these ignorant losers that are now saying 'America was never great' ????
Makes me wanna puke !!!! [Mad]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2019 11:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
They should be made to write a list of the great ones:

France
China
?
?
?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2019 04:10 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Just a few years back while looking for a place to move we looked hard at Kansas. One of the main things that concerned us was those funnel clouds.

Had fresh snow on the peaks yesterday and down by the road still hanging on the trees in some areas.

31 degrees yesterday and 33 right now. Sure a different spring/summer now I guess. Big learning curve up here.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2019 02:16 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
EW, It's a way of life for which we are proud. Unlike Oklahoma, in Kansas, basements come standard. The chances of actually incurring damage are slight, at best. Most natives have never seen a real tornado, believe it or not. Those that have consider it to be a true privilege to see one, not so much be in one. As long as you have a basement, a garage or shed for your cars and trucks, and an insurance policy, it's all good. My wife is a mountain girl having been raised between Laurel, Montana, and Craig, Colorado. She found it harder to adjust to the humidity, either winter or summer. If you ever decided to move here, from what I've seen, you'd be a dandy fit. God's chosen people.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters