The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Fathers day

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Fathers day
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 16, 2019 05:57 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Be sure to thank your father today Your mother probably wasn't even in the mood !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 16, 2019 06:59 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I know what you're saying, Paul. But,
(wait, first of all, I'm no Don Juan)
I'm finding out that there are a lot of females that like dick.

I know, I know, it's just a joke. Sorry!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31473 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 16, 2019 07:20 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Unfortunately, those women aren't generally married. Find one like that, marry her, and then cave to her demands to make babies and no sooner do the kids get borned and bam, she likes celibacy.

Given experiences I've had raising my two kids, I don't really celebrate Father's Day too much. My kids' issues are such that I'm not counting on grandchildren, and if they happen, odds are good that we'd end up raising them and I just don't see that as a plus at this point in my life. I've told close friends that know my adult kids and their challenges that I can't really figure out whether I'm the best dad in then world or the worst. My son is coming to terms with the damage he's done to himself and to us and he tells me I'm the strongest man he's ever known. There are times of great weakness when I struggle to make sense of how things have played out that I don't discuss with them. When the subject arises, both the wife and I tend to get real quiet. One of the hardest lessons to learn as a father is that some shit cannot be controlled by you.

Having said all that, my daughter's not getting worse and has hope, and my son is still alive and fighting to recover, so I must be doing something right taking all these arrows.

Happy Father's Day to all you guys.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2019 04:35 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Spent the day Saturday with my daughter and sil in Prescott they took us out to lunch the joy was they brought my five year old twin grandsons along .
Hope for those grandkids Lance there is nothing like it . Eli and David are more fun than a box of puppies !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2019 04:14 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I would love nothing more, Paul. I did an article for Father's Day in my hometown newspaper where everyone knew dad, shortly after he died where I spoke about how I'd come to realize that a man will never truly know the impression he made on his kids, and how good a job he did, until he sees his children as parents. My siblings or I never challenged our parents in any way even remotely looking like what Lisa and I have been through. Times have changed and the influences today are beyond the pale of what I ever faced. With dad gone, I'm often left to ask myself what dad would have done in the circumstances I've faced. Winny Churchill summed it up best with a six word sentence,

"Never, never, never, never give up!"

[ June 19, 2019, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters