The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Not my day... (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Not my day...
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2019 04:37 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Clint and I we very lucky that we were never got shot in the neighborhoods we worked in, our Gangsters were like bankers never a shot fired before 9:00 A.M. on a side note one of the things we did regularly was replace the copper plumbing on the outside of the house, gone in a New York minute !Also would leave Ac unit in garage it would be reset at the time of new tenants by an ac guy.

[ June 12, 2019, 04:42 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2019 08:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I had something like that happen a while ago. Knock on the door, an officer of the law standing there. "Can I help you?"

This one called me outside and started pointing at the ground, here and there, I didn't know what the hell he was (not) talking about, but finally he said that he was called by the neighbors next door and decided to check out adjacent properties.

Somebody had come by and unscrewed all my brass sprinkler heads! Moderately expensive, but they last forever, yet some asshole stole them and would get 10 cents on the dollar for scrap at the reclamation center. It's just so fucking rude! I replaced them with plastic and ever since, they have a definite finite life. So, I can't say for sure, but the idea of a couple of 40 year olds stealing sprinkler heads does not compute. Oh well, we used to steal hubcaps....once. One time. Pointless.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS gonna be another scorcher today! Maybe not as bad as yesterday?

[ June 12, 2019, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31276 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2019 09:37 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard these guys will steal anything for a dime bag of meth! On our large landscape projects we had to put our backflow devices in cages bolted to the ground and locked bout 120 lbs. of brass in a 4" backflow !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2019 01:09 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Years ago, Kansas passed a law requiring scrap metal businesses and reclamation places to require ID and have the sellers sign in what they were selling. Those records were then checked routinely against police reports, like a pawn shop, to identify who stole what and where. Made it so there was no place to sell the copper, etc. without risking getting caught. Still happens occasionally because they'll deliberately insert a couple extra steps to create distance between the thief and the seller. Drugs are the leading cause of property crimes today.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2019 02:57 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, and somebody told me that they restrict shell casing brass? IDK?

I used to work for a large company that made switchgear, distribution panels and stuff like 12,000 amp service disconnects. All this required lots of laminated silver plated copper bars used as conductors. Turned out that there was some janitor on graveyard that was selling these prime components for scrap prices. Involved many thousands of dollars and the asshole was selling it for a few hundred bucks. Shameful waste!

I also heard about some guy that tried to steal a bunch of 500MCM cable on a energized transformer with a pair of bolt cutters-but he was careful; wore gloves! They think he was black to begin with but when they found him, he was also extra crispy.

So, it's not greed, huh? Motivation is for drugs? A main ingredient is stupidity. That's like a couple times I read where they had a disabled tanker trailer involved in an accident and with gasoline leaking, people were filling pails and any sort of containers they could find until some spark set 50 people on fire. I believe it happened a couple times with same results, hard to believe so many people could be so ignorant of the danger.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 12, 2019 07:12 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
You gotta realize, Leonard, that liquid gasoline doesn't burn. Fuel concentration too high. Right up there at the spill, you're pretty safe. That is, until someone downwind decides to cause a spark or light a cigarette, not realizing that the barely noticeable hint of gas smell in the air is, in fact, the right ratio of fuel:oxygen and kablooey!!! Chances are the guy who lit off the fireworks got knocked on his ass, but outlived everyone else between him and the tanker.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2019 03:23 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Yup its the fumes that ignite back when I was a dumb kid before I was a stupid adult I would put my butts out in gasoline just to prove this point never had ignition a spark is much hotter than the coal on a cigarette.

[ June 13, 2019, 03:24 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2019 06:11 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, what I was speculating was that some barefoot native throws a pail to Kunta Kintay and it bangs off the fender, creating the spark we need. Both of the news events that I saw reported were in illiterate parts of Africa.

One time, in my back yard, I was talking to my brother, and used a five gallon G.I. gas can to start a fire in a big BBQ pit.

I never said anything, just kept talking while I took the gas can and walked it across the lawn and left it, all capped up and went back to the BBQ, still on the subject and tossed a match. Whoomp! it went, and there went a streak across the lawn three quarters of the way to that gas can sitting in the middle of the lawn. Tom just looked at me, and being the car salesman that he is, had no clue and said: I wondered why you did that!

I think an empty tanker full of fumes is a potential bomb, whereas if it was full, it would just catch fire. A hell of a fire but not explode. You know the theory of that Military air/fuel bomb, right? Release a vapor cloud with a time delay before it ignites. Spectacular explosion!

Anyway, Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2019 12:06 PM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
As I was reading the keyboard commando's email, it reminded me of the old "seize and desist" letter from the red toad. [Smile]

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 401 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2019 01:35 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
This is my opinion about criticism I receive concerning the Board, in general and once in a while, somebody doesn't like someone else.

That's what this is. We have email from fake name amcorcastle. He says ban Earthwalker. Gives no reason. So there is no reflection on her, at all. He didn't say she misspells words all the time, like Paul does. No valid reason. So, in my opinion I owe Earthwalker no apology for posting an email from somebody that doesn't like her. This was intended as showing how petty a grown man can be, Yet, I have read that somebody here is upset at me for running this Board the way I please. I owe an apology because somebody thinks some unknown asshole talked shit about Earthwalker. He didn't say anything, he doesn't like her. Is that what it's about? Everybody has to like everybody. I didn't post an email from Earthwalker, I posted an email from some unknown jerk, and my intention was to show our members how petty a grown man can be. I guess if somebody writes to me and says they don't like a certain member, that member deserves an apology because I told everybody that I got a demand to ban another member. It's always like that; censorship. Telling me what to do. There's nobody else to blame around here besides me, the buck stops here.

Anyway, in a way, it's nice to hear from members about what I do and how I do it. But when it's criticism, don't expect me to say thanks for butting in here, on a personal level and trying to make me look bad, shame me for sharing email from a jerk. It's about him. It's not about me! It's not about a valued member and you guys can take your personal opinion about my actions and stick it up your ass. I'm doing this my way, not your way. Case closed.

Well, it's not "closed" exactly because I've never been accused of not allowing or suppressing speech and opinions. Just remember, this little fucking Board ain't a democracy, it's a dictatorship and I'm the HMFIC.

[ June 13, 2019, 01:37 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2019 05:05 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Few years back one of our lookouts got hit. Old copper lightning lines all around the building for safety. They got some of the copper back because it had been soldiered and we knew what it looked like and told the LEO that when he seen it he'd know. there was several involved across the whole valley. Don't know if they caught the king pins or not.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1104 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2019 07:04 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I used to work part time in a recycle lot.
You guys would not believe the people selling 'scrap' that I met on their way to their 'pharmacists'.

Hint; If you're going to sell stripped or burnt copper wire, ………… you need a contractor's license w/ #s

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7488 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 13, 2019 07:45 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
LB, you're right on the empty vs full fuel tank. A partially full tank has a void space in the top part above the liquid where fumes concentrate. Heat it up and you risk a BLEVE, rhymes with HEAVY. Official term is Boiling Liquid Expanding Vapor Explosion. Fire service term is Blast Leveling Everything Very Effectively. Underwent considerable training on controlling propane tank and gas tank fires. Some of the funnest training we did. I suppose searching YouTube for BLEVE vids would produce some interesting shows.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2019 03:28 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard I actually spell very well I was taught by Sister Mary Gawdamit at our lady of Eternal Agony school, I just don't keyboard worth a shit !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2019 07:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I know, Paul. I just made it up because I can't always be using ko ko as an example. He has a face only a mother could love; see how that flows together so well? Not true, he's a handsome young lad. I have never threatened him with the loss of his vowels. You, on the other hand are always on the brink.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters