The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Not my day... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Not my day...
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2019 06:04 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
so to speak. Dog wanted to play threw a paw out and raked my arm with a toe nail. I have that old woman skin now so have a long blood type bruise trail down the arm.

Get to the high country and unload the truck. Went to the shop to finish unloading. Turned around to go to green house next thing I knew I was on the ground with the air knocked out of the left lung. Skinned knees and one skinned elbow. Slowly got my air back but could feel a very sore ribs under the left Brest now.

Hobbled around all day feeling like crap. Hoping I can sleep tonight in the bed may be in the lazy boy type chair before morning.

Don't have a idea why I tripped but that shale does hurt like a mother and rips skin very easy. I should be black and blue from head to toe my morning.

Also temps are dropping and fresh snow on the peaks up here. Have the maters and pepper in the green house covered and hay packed around them. Even my squash that just popped out in the open air garden I covered for the night. Have a couple nights of this to get through then back to normal. What a spring.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2019 08:01 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
EarthGal;
I hear ya on the thin skin !!!
All I need to do is to walk by mesquite or a cat-claw bush and I'll glance down and notice that I'm bleeding...… "When did THAT happen ??"

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2019 04:36 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
My Airedales greet me with teeth on my arms in a loving gesture I call old man bruise up and down both arms nice to be loved !

EW be well and dammit be careful !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2019 04:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I’m the same way, plus dark purple splotches, haven’t a clue where any of them came from.

Then there are the results of Pinky hanging on my forearm. Like a meat tenderizer. He seems not to care?

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31473 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2019 06:34 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I just bump my arm new skin bruise !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2019 06:38 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
HMMM, So I am not the only one that noticed the thin skin and easy bleed thing that goes with getting older.
You got snow and I got thunderstorms and heat. Must be that global warming crap they try to convince us of.
So today I have to go and feed and check "The wife's"chickens. Did I mention I now have deep resentment for those chickens.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 639 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2019 08:07 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Walt when my wife got chickens a little over 2 years ago she was going to take care of everything.

Yeah right..

(edit) sorry to hear about the rough go of it Earthy.

[ June 08, 2019, 08:08 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2019 12:35 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Still kicking. Sore as hell. Did some work this morning and got the body warmed up and was doing okay. Then I stopped and now it's a SOB to move.

Looks like a snow storm moving in. Had to cover the maters and peppers in the green house last night. Right at dawn it went to 33 degrees so slipped a small heater in it. Looks like I'll have to do it all over again tonight.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2019 12:45 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I've come to the conclusion that getting old ain't for sissies but I'm going to continue to do so as long as I can.

It's 103* out on my patio right now.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7584 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2019 02:17 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
We caught 88* today !

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2019 02:34 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
We hit 65 yesterday. Then a hail storm came in went to 48 then slowly raised back to the 50's.

32 out at 0400 so hobbled out to the green house to plug in the little heater. Suppose to be upper 80's by Tuesday. What a crazy spring.
Going to be a fight to keep a garden going up here this year it is looking like.

Found the rib that is sore just to touch. It's high up and under the breast but it's sure letting me know it's hurt and angry. Pain pills wore off reason I'm up so early.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2019 03:24 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
A few weeks ago I bought a nice little patio tomato then came out to find it a nice shade of black ! some spring went from frozen to 90* right quick ! May 28 we had 3.5 inches of snow today it will be 90* the weather is more unusual than usual !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2019 06:22 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Another perfect day down here in the People's Republik. Eat your heart's out, Pilgrim's!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2019 06:42 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
My hearts just fine is Newsome still your governor ! LOL how is Nancy did she get her meds right today , are they still shittin in the streets in her district ! All's well if the weather is fine ! G et the fuck outta there Leonard !

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2019 07:22 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Weather is simply a matter of adjusting to nature's rhythm instead of fighting it.
Was up about 4:30 a.m. having breakfast. Sat out on the patio having coffee watching the sunrise. (Awesome)
Been out burning brush in the burn barrel and doing misc. yard work. Actually, I care little about the yard and spend most of my time doing range maintenance on my archery range out back.
In a couple of more hours, it's gonna get hot. Time to come inside under the a.c. and take a siesta.
Toward evening, fire up the bbq and have a sundowner while watching the sunset.
BTW; I live on a dirt road & we have two stop lights in town, one on each end. Refresh my memory, where did you say Paradise was ????? [Razz]

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2019 09:21 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
We don't need no stinking stop lights LOL we do have railroad arm however ! And lots of antelope this time of year.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2019 09:33 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2019 10:12 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
No stops lights or railroad here. Just a lot of wandering plugging up road sight see'er's. Dama flatlands. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted June 09, 2019 12:43 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
There you go with the flatlander stuff again! We are people too!

You mountain people can be so uppity!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2019 01:08 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Us hill-billys done call ourselves Mountain Americans, now. [Cool]

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2019 08:13 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Flatlanders hmmmm..

I thought this thread was about chickens ?

Wait what the hell were we talking about ? [Wink]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2019 08:23 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave,
That's the beauty of this place ……… nobody really knows what we're talking about.

--------------------

DiYi
Wears wife's pink panties under his camo for good luck. (yeah, right!)
Member # 3785

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2019 03:46 AM      Profile for DiYi           Edit/Delete Post 
Age and 'bruising n bleeding'.
After my complaining my Doc said,'just be happy you're still bleeding'.

Posts: 623 | From: SoDak | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2019 03:52 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
DiYi, smart doctor.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 10, 2019 04:19 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Goin to work this AM cleaning up a property people are such pigs its simple work and I do it slowly and completely. when I m finished it looks like mamma nature just left. This is a small 2.5 acre deal last one was 40 acres of meth heads needed a helper on that one. Bleeding arms and all just glad to still be here lovin it ! At the cancer clinic they call me miracle man most don't get past 1.5 years and I'm working on six ! Just glad to be here bruises and all I want o die a very old man ! LOL

love every minute its all you really have !

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters