The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Howdy (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Howdy
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2019 07:12 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What I was trying to say is that the dogs at the shelter aren't friendly, they bark aggressively at anybody walking by their kennel. It's no damned wonder they are still there. Then there was this pit bull, who was out in a fenced yard. Who in the hell would "rescue" a dog so aggressive and intimidating. I love dogs but that one should be put down. They are abusing the whole "no kill" concept.

In fact, I would be in favor of neutering those kind of dogs. Having a killer dog as a status symbol is bullshit. They are man's best friend! Hello?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2019 03:31 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave
I marvel at the difference between store bought and home grown ,I have neighbor that gives me eggs as I am the local tool loan I have one of everything and two of most. when I say neighbor she is about 3.5 miles away.
She has about 30 some chicken's and they all have names and she knows one from another go figure!

[ June 07, 2019, 03:33 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted June 07, 2019 06:30 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like AshFork has invented a new twist on "Cat Lady". Oh well, since they taste so good and she's harmless, not a particularly fair maiden, and most likely, won't lead you astray?

I suppose they are brown, right? Victor, (our hero) used to ranch wild chickens, you know? Known, far and wide, at least clear down to the other side of McNeal for his free ranging and non fertile eggs. Not the eggs free ranging, the chickens! At least the way I heard it?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2019 08:27 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Out here free range means they have a good sized enclosure to roam and are not confined to a nest like commercial layers Otherwise the fox coyote and bobcat would have a field day ! Yup she is an animal person has three horses two little hay burner dwarf donkeys and six dogs .LOL

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2019 09:19 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking expense? My son had a girl friend that was like front line rescue, every time somebody brought in an injured dog or cat, then found out how much it would cost to fix them, the response was usually, ok put it to sleep. But she had an arrangement with the Vet she worked for. They would charge the person for the cost of the euthanasia, then apply it to the cost of the broken leg and she would pay a steep discount and adopt the critter.

She had an Aberdeen cow, three horses, 3 goats, 17 dogs in one group plus her show dogs and about 25 various cats, all neutered and spayed. All this cost money and it was my son that was spending his cash to feed all these rehab cases. In my opinion, she had some kind of obsession but she was very sensitive on the subject. Good thing her mother provided the property that made this all possible.

Number one, what she and the Veterinarian, her boss were doing was probably illegal. But saving the world was a hardship for momma too because her zoning didn't allow for the zoo her daughter was raising.

I love animals but I wouldn't consider spending that much time and effort. I can't really say anything about her efforts except she was enlisting her crippled mother and my mentally impaired son and between the three of them, I'd hate to see what all this compassion was costing, annually?

Something was always out of whack with that operation. My son is gone and her mother wasn't any help at all except for financially, being heavy and severe mobility problems. The thing is, Gwen is and always was the main problem. Compassion run amuck. The dishonesty part always peeved me. shrug.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2019 07:25 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Coonhounds are outside dogs. I have two fur babies - both rat terriers - and would highly recommend them. Taz, our five year old red/white female melts the coldest heart. Harley, my 13 year old tricolor male is smarter than most adult humans twice his age. Got Taz to keep Harley company. They're best buds. They sure broke me of my "no livestock in the house" policy.

Have made three trips to my ortho this week. Confirmed meniscus tear, so I'm with you earthwalker. Monday, they'll call with the surgery date. Already told me to stop taking anything for my arthritis pain which sucks because we just found something that works well ten days ago. Not looking forward to the next ten days. Gonna be a grumpy bastard.

LB, think "rattie". They're making a big comeback.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 07, 2019 08:04 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Aren't 'Ratties' in the 'yappy little bastards' category ????

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2019 04:23 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard needs a Yapparanian to keep things lively !

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2019 04:25 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Or get a male and have a sprinkler spaniel !

[ June 08, 2019, 04:25 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2019 04:26 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
uh oh losing my vowels soon !

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2019 04:27 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck on your dog selection they are all special friends !

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2019 07:11 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
It's been my observation that a dog is (generally) a reflection of it's owner. If the owner thinks that he's a bad-ass the dog probably does too. On the other hand, if the owner is a decent sort the dog probably is too regardless of breed.
Hint; get your dog from somebody you'd sit around the campfire and b/s with. Avoid dogs from a wanna-be biker type that keeps dropping hints that he was 'special forces'.

Just $.02 worth.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2019 10:03 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
ROFLMAO!

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2019 11:49 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I resent the implication, ko ko! I was regular brown boot Army should anybody ask. If I told the truth i’d Haf ta kill ya.

I don’t know if this is interesting or not but we hear a lot about the “Green Berets”. (will be on the test!)
I’ve seen different colors, like brown worn by Ranger outfits. But the one we saw mostly was black and was worn by the 10th Special Forces. Green was the 1st. This was way before everybody started wearing berets. And, I have no doubt, the novelty’s warn off. We actually wore a blocked field cap, like Fidel Castro. Kinda retro, I’ve got proof somewhere.

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

Edit: by the way, he who shall not be named is very critical of our experts weighing in about suitable companion dogs for the big cheese. Then he offered advice. Lance, I think just about any dog will adapt to inside status, hounds included.

[ June 08, 2019, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2019 12:54 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
My comment was not directed at any actual military types whom I have the utmost respect for.
It's the clowns that wear camo field jackets, carry a big knife and try to convince people they're something they're not ……………………….

Prove me wrong, Paul. [Big Grin]

Edit for speling.

[ June 08, 2019, 12:56 PM: Message edited by: Kokopelli ]

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2019 02:16 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
What the fuck do I have to do with your observation ? don't git me involved Ill have to gut you like a fish in da bushes ! someone have a big knife I can borrow ! btw way I usually hunt in jeans and flannel ! lol

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted June 08, 2019 03:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
BS! ko ko told me that you have a whole collection of Frost Cutlery genuine Bowie Knives, plus that one with the bad ass upside down shoulder harness for Saturday nights down at the Honky Tonk. He said it's a cult, I mean cultural thing up there in Ash Fork, and you can shave a peach with it. That's total hard core, where I come from.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 08, 2019 03:13 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
And, I will tell you folks something else. Yesterday, I was winding my way down from Arrowhead on 18. And I do mean winding! Anyway, I'm listening to Jerry Lee Lewis Greatest Hit's from the Grand Old Opry. And, I want to say, this guy is a National Treasure! Damn, he plays some lively foot tapping music! That's all I got to say.

Good hunting. El Bee

[ June 08, 2019, 03:14 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2019 03:34 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
King of the P I A N O !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2019 06:44 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I was just a kid and was watching TV one night, no idea what kind of program it was but there was a wild man playing piano while standing up. I had heard of Elvis Presley and his gyrations and thought it must be he? Who else would be pulling shenanigans like that? It was the next day, at school I mentioned what I saw and heard for the first time this blonde guy with two first names, itself very uncommon in those days. ALWAYS liked him though, even when he married his cousin who was like 14? That didn't do his career any good at all. I'm thinking 1957, maybe? Those were the days, my friend!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: The King of the Piano, I heard, can't, and never could read sheet music? He plays by ear. Hard to imagine? As far as I'm concerned, musicians as a group are from outer space, I haven't a clue how they do it? But, I don't have a talent for languages, either? I can just barely breed successfully.

[ June 09, 2019, 06:50 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 09, 2019 09:29 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
You are killing me Leonard "Barely breed successfully " that's sum funny
shit right there !

--------------------

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2019 08:00 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Koko, Ratties no yappy. At least, my two aren't. With that said, nothing happens in or around my property that they aren't aware of. I recall watching an episode of Duck Dynasty where daddy Phil was trying to sneak in past his rat terrier. Couldn't do it. My older male is getting a bit bull headed, but he's smarter than all get out. Taz is just a hugger. Everytime I get home, she's first to greet me. Likes to curl up in your lap and just be with you. Harley has a standing date with me anytime I'm inn the recliner. Their only triggers are doorbells and squirrels. Easy to house train, too.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2019 08:43 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok, Thanx !!!
I'm not real up on dog knowledge. Just every once in a while one finds me and I realize I have a dog.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 16, 2019 09:20 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm busy analyzing photos and videos of 4 week old pups. It's an even mix of blue tick and red tick with most of the blue tic are female. I'm trying to pick out features, but that's difficult too. Four pups have a white spot on the head and five pups have at least a partly white tail. And, half have real long ears and the other half, not so much.

I'm tempted

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Knows what it's all about
Member # 3918

Icon 1 posted June 17, 2019 08:42 AM      Profile for www           Edit/Delete Post 
I have a Decker Rat Terrorist. Smart little bastid,with selective hearing. He loves the grandkids so I guess he stays.
Posts: 191 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters