The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » 3.4 Mile Shot (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 3.4 Mile Shot
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted May 26, 2019 06:05 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't take anything personal, just reminds me of the old saying:
"If ya can't dazzle em with facts, baffle em with BULLSHIT"

And, as you mentioned Leonard, even a whiff of a breath of a breeze would blow that poor bullet tens of YARDS at 6K. Makes the breakdown of vertical dispersion seem comparatively inconsequential...

Given there is no way to KNOW what velocity each round will leave the muzzle at before the primer pops, that negates the ability being able to correct for it. That's why 'long range' shooters rely on statistics like ES and SD, it's to narrow down a range of velocities in order to manage actual vertical group size realized on target. And that is the EASY STUFF! Calling the wind down range is more a voodoo art form, than anything.

So, we've got a shot attempt that already has a vertical dispersion potential that is many times larger than the actual size of the target. Simply stated, just ,asking a hit requires holding dead center & HOPING that the (marginalized) statistical probability of ONE of the rounds of that group will fall inside the target parameters. Bascually, a pseudo-semi-calculated guess...

After all that crap, we supposed to believe they can calculate a wind call to account for any & all variation of crosswind, head/tailwind, updraft/ downdraft AND spin drift...along an entire length of ground that is 3.4miles long???

Does there happen to be a link to selling oceanfront property in Wyoming, anywhere in that article? LMAO

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted May 26, 2019 08:45 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
Doesn't quite qualify as "one shot, one kill" does it? So I really don't see the point of all of it other than the shooter got lucky on the 21st shot instead of the 121st shot. But it seemed to make him happy so it was worth it to him I suppose.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 26, 2019 03:40 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
SMH!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 26, 2019 04:36 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Showing off your mastery of internet code lingo, huh?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 26, 2019 05:40 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
What Paul said.
(But I had to ask my wife what he was talking about.)

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted May 26, 2019 07:53 PM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
I apparently covered old ground. SMH. LOL

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2019 06:18 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Send me an email, I've GOT to know what SMH means in polite conversation. Thanks a lot, folks!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2019 12:17 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Shaking my head LOLLOLLOL!

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2019 12:33 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Awwww ………………………. I had him believing it stood for Send More Hookers. [Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2019 01:10 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You two like your vowels? Keep it up!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2019 04:38 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok …………………… We'll be good. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 12 posted May 28, 2019 03:33 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Not me I'm never good ! [Big Grin]

--------------------

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2019 07:45 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Im locking this thread!

Regards,

Internet Police

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted May 28, 2019 02:45 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You are like a broken record, but it cracks me up every time you intervene!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters