The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » High blood pressure (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: High blood pressure
Brent Parker
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4354

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2019 12:11 PM      Profile for Brent Parker   Email Brent Parker         Edit/Delete Post 
earthwalker,

That pretty much sums mine up. Pc of steel that slides on to my receiver I made. Just a simple set up. However for the girlfriend I am going to build a electric over hydraulic skinning rig. She can pull the cats fine but coyotes are too much for her and she will need it to skin. Hot ones skin fast but I hate skinning cold coyotes.

Posts: 172 | From: 2 miles east of Vic | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2019 02:48 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
I pretty much oversimplified it, for me. About five years ago, it just got to the point where my knees and back wouldn't allow me to do a drop knee to get the hide down off the torso on a standard rig, so I fabricated one out of a bunch of free steel tubing I was given. Half-ton 12V winch at the top. Three sections for coyotes gives me about 11 feet from ground to top end. Take out the middle section and I have 7 feet for smaller critters.
 -

Power supplied via a 12V outlet I put in the bed of my truck, bolted to the side wall.Standard 3 prong household outlet with a grounded plug on end of cord to motor, marked 12v only.

Initially, the base section was four feet tall. Got to thinking it was kinda dangerous hoisting that much weight over my head to put the thing together so I cut the tubing on the base off about a foot above the yoke. Tried several different hinges from various suppliers but standard 2-inch wide hinges simply couldn't take the side to side forces and quickly got wobbly. So, I designed my own by using more 2-inch square tubing, a cut off saw, a grinder, a steel tube and a grade 8 bolt. Bolted to bottom section and and base, then welded for good measure. Bottom section lays down, assemble middle section and top, stand upright and insert bolt/ pin to secure.

Pic of finished hinge was way too big.

I actually enjoy skinning coyotes with this thing. Fresh, cold, no difference. Makes quick work of them. Like to see the looks on farmers' faces when they find me pulled off in a field skinning the take for the day. They think it's pretty cool.

[ April 16, 2019, 02:51 PM: Message edited by: Cdog911 ]

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 16, 2019 03:50 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I can tell what is brutal. Hunting all night and then pulling half frozen, half stiff coyotes in the morning when beat to death from hunting all night and missing the morning daylights. Talk about your frozen stiff fingers! That's why if there is somebody close by that will buy them in the round, it's worth the drive. You sure as hell earn them, either way.

Good hunting. El Bee

[ April 16, 2019, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31361 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted April 17, 2019 04:06 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
If and when I can find a picture and scan it in I let you see how we do it still do it the same way. No kneeling or on the knees.

If the coyote/s are dead we haul them home and put them on the skinner in the shop and pull with a winch and so forth.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters