The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » It's Spring in Idaho

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's Spring in Idaho
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2019 05:34 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to spring in Idaho.
With all the rain we've received in the last week and longer and the temps warming up and reaching higher elevations the run off has begun.
Hwy 95 from Payette to Weiser is closed and a lot of farm land is getting really wet.
Big news for the area news people and a lot of shocked people are learning where they should and should not have built.

Old new/hat to me. Been here 61 years lived through a winter flood in '74 had 23" of ice and water come through the house. Lost a puppy, a goat and a calf.

Still a lot of avalanches happening in the Sun Valley/Ketchum area they had 12 this past week. Couple houses damaged.

Just happy we're finally getting rain here at the place. I seeded some dryland pasture mix Monday morning. Now hoping it keeps the sprinkles up to get it germinated and growing. Don't have irrigation rights. Water is a hot thing up here. Will probably have to drag the hose out and hand water where I can reach and really hope for the best.

Dave A you far enough away from the Payette to keep your feet dry?

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2019 09:19 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm out of the flood zone. My place is three miles south of the Payette river & it was just over the banks last night.

This just happened about a 1/3 of a mile from my place.
https://www.ktvb.com/article/news/sheriff-2-men-killed-in-new-plymouth-trench-collapse/277-b67332ae-cafe-4e8d-9c19-d4cee6848747

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2019 11:59 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Man, that's just terrible! Seems like there is no excuse for something like that to happen. I can imagine who was in the trench.

That reminds me of a company I worked for years ago. Instead of doing it the right way, they had high pressure sodium bulb that needed to be replace so they put a guy up on a forklift and he just happened to have his feet sticking past the forks and as it went up, the mast cut off both feet from the instep and not very clean, either. Sickening!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted April 10, 2019 06:12 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah it's really tragic. One of those guys was standing out by the road next to the pickup when I drove to work this morning.

Lawsuits incoming !! Sadly two men died. Lots of rumors here. It should shake out in the end.

I'll drive past there everyday & think about it.

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2019 04:15 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
That's what they make trench plate for totally unnecessary , what a shame !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2019 02:26 PM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, trying to get it done on the cheap and without proper safety .Too bad, those guys could have complained but then they wouldn't have a job neither. Hope their families sue those idiots bankrupt. You don't need that kind of contractor around.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2019 02:30 PM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
And speaking about Spring. The redbuds have been in bloom for weeks now and the dogwoods are in bloom. My bee's are happy girls. And I got sunburned fishing the other day . It's good now but when that humidity hits in another couple months ahhhh. Stench city. But it is beautiful here despite the humidity.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted April 11, 2019 05:58 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Me & my dog Sadie just walked down there. You can see where a bucket dug 'em out in two spots.

I'm not the most religious guy. I knelt down & prayed for those guys. Two Mexican guys. They didn't deserve that.

Looking around & across the road. On the other side of the trench. The soil is wet below surface & then looks dry about two feet & then wet 4-5 foot down.

Sad...

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters