The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » meeting famous people

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: meeting famous people
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2019 03:29 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
OK, today I bought a used Thule rooftop cargo box. I found it on Facebook classifieds just like I found a killer deal on new takeoff BFG AT tires for my Jeep, (different story). So I go and pick up the Thule, and meet the seller, a guy named Mike. We shoot the breeze a little while. The I realize it is Michael Crudale. He pitched for the St. Louis Cardinals back in 03-04. My Favorite baseball team BTW. I joked with him a little saying I thought pitchers had to be taller. [Smile]

Anyways he seemed to be a real down to earth guy, and I enjoyed talking with him, plus the deal I got on the rooftop carrier.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 01, 2019 03:45 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Pondering this for a moment, it is right up there with being able to hunt with Both of the "Coyote Gods". [Big Grin]

--------------------

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2019 05:15 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
As a landscape contractor in Beverly hills I met so many, to many to mention some as nice as they seem and some real assholes the asshole award goes to Linda Carter She played wonder woman , what a pig!

[ April 02, 2019, 05:17 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2019 07:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I'd have to say some are genuine people and I didn't meet any assholes, that I remember, anyway?

I was invited to the wedding of the daughter of the Dodger's general manager and it was at the Stadium Club, a rather exclusive place. Ballplayers all over the joint, and I don't recall anybody being obnoxious? Rollie Fingers of the Oakland A's graduated from Upland High School.

My wife was a checker at a Von's in north Claremont and there are a few ball players that live in the hills. Mike Scoscia used to always come through her line and when at the game, she would always yell at him and get a wave.

But, the most famous people I ever met was down at Marina Del Rey. If you ask me, boat people are just naturally friendly. I could throw an empty beer can at William Conrad's boat and spit on Bobby Darren's boat, Wink Martendale's boat was straight across the dock opposite my mom and dad's slip. Over on Catalina in the summertime, there was a lot of rafting because of the shortage of buoys, at Cat Harbor and the Isthmus.

My daughter used to play with Bridget Fonda. Her dad, Peter had a beautiful sloop on an end tie, must have been at least an 85 footer? Over on Catalina in the summertime, there was a lot of rafting because of the shortage of buoys.
A popular boat belonged to Tina Sinatra, a classic Chris called the Roma.

I'm surprised to hear about Linda Carter. Wonder what her problem is?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2019 07:07 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Dont talk shit about Linda Carter! I was in love with her!
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2019 07:51 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Mark be glad you didn't meet her she was just far better than everyone else and let you know it !LOL

The two Nicest were Mary Tyler Moore and Barbara Eden. Edit to add Alan Ludden and Betty White were a trip very cool people.

[ April 02, 2019, 07:53 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2019 08:32 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Welll ok...Barbara Eden is a good consolation prize.
Mark

--------------------

CrossJ
SECOND PLACE: PAUL RYAN Look-a-like contest
Member # 884

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2019 10:58 AM      Profile for CrossJ   Email CrossJ         Edit/Delete Post 
Robert Duvall,,,,pretentious ass. would run over his mother for a dollar.
Ricky Schroeder....nice guy. Loved hunting with a bow
Roy Clark....nice guy. Liked guns
Garth Brooks....too nice a guy...kinda weird
Kevin Costner.....prick
Liz Taylor....snobby

--------------------
A friend will help you move. A good friend will help you move a body.

Posts: 1025 | From: on a water tower | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted April 02, 2019 12:30 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
So you were his agent and he stiffed ya? lol

edit: Roy Rogers was cheap! Always willing to let star struck folks pay for him. Even gas money. oh, and Victor is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet, not conceited at all.

[ April 02, 2019, 12:34 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted April 02, 2019 02:52 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
I heard Roy liked to do some predator calling back in the day?
Mark

--------------------

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted April 03, 2019 06:39 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Good people are where ya find em. From what I've seen, inflated bank accounts dont alter behavior, rather than amplify it...
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2019 12:00 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I guess I don't get out much. I surely don't hang around truly famous people like movie or rock stars. I have only met a few over the years, I have seen a bunch, but never personally met many. I used to have a Neighbor that played for the Big Red (before the went to AZ). I went to school with his girls and son.

Barbara Eden, wow. BTW, Dollie Parton was exceptionally nice to the construction crews during the July 4th river fest here several years back.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2019 05:56 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Dollie Parton was exceptionally nice
Maybe you mean she gave the boys cookies? But I have heard Dolly gets around. Tell me you wouldn't like to get your hands on both sides, stick your face between them and blow while shaking your head? Got the visual?

Good hunting. El Bee

[ April 07, 2019, 05:57 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted April 07, 2019 06:19 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard that's called motorboatin !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 08, 2019 06:36 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Learned something today

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters