The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » What's for dinner?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: What's for dinner?
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2019 12:37 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Any good meals planned for tonight?

I've got buffalo short ribs on the grill and a tater slowly cooking with some alder smoke thrown in.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2019 04:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I’m gonna do leftover corned beef sandwiches 🥪 from st Patrick’s Day

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2019 05:13 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
It would be venison if the wolves hadn't killed most of the deer in my favorite hunting area. [Mad]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2019 05:24 PM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
This is one on my staples, had it 3x this week. Coupla venison steaks, seared in cast iron w/frizzled garlic onions. Add a tab of butter & splash of red wine to the hot iron to reduce a quick demi glaze. Add some sautéed kale on the side for organic, carb free happiness!

-

[ March 22, 2019, 05:25 PM: Message edited by: knockemdown ]

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 22, 2019 06:59 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Oooooh !!! You're killing me !!!! [Smile]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2019 03:25 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Nice Fred isn't kale what your dinner eats ? LOL

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2019 03:36 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
We have a unique situation That pretty much has us cooking for one. I buy a roast and cut it in thirds.
one will be an oven roast that will make dinner and two steak salad lunches And a sandwich or two . One third will go in the smoker for a savory meal and one third in the crock pot for shredded beef tacos and the leftovers burritos for a couple of lunches . I envy Fred the venison great meat !
Even though I cant eat I still love to cook! I enjoy watching others enjoy !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2019 04:07 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Ya'll really put me to shame.
Sounds like a bunch of good cooks on here.

the ribs turned out good even though ran out of propane.
Really get spoiled with pork ribs then go to big hunks of buffalo ribs.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2019 11:04 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
My days of running out and annoying some attendant to pump propane, are over. I ran a line from the fireplace log lighter to the BBQ. End of problem!
There are a couple orifice issues to deal with but after that, and not to mention, cheap energy!

Confession: I'm not real big on venison. I've been known to slice up an entire deer into spicy jerky.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2019 02:28 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
We live off of venison and elk and buffalo now.

Thank goodness no underground gas lines up here. In the land of earth quakes.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 23, 2019 04:36 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
With this warm weather that we're enjoying, a plate of mudbugs would be a treat !!! [Smile]

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2019 01:22 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
The cost of natural gas was a real pisser for me in California , put a little propane in my tank once a year all is good ! And one seed juniper is an excellent hardwood smoke ! We buy our propane in the summer when it is cheap and then call for it as fall arrives , all prepaid , We only cook with it and heat our water and run the clothes dryer we only heat the home with wood ! I have a heater only turned it on once to see that it worked .

[ March 24, 2019, 01:31 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2019 04:28 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
The real pisser yesterday was the price.
Cost me $14 something for 4. something gallons.
They have you over a barrel up here. One supplier to a few outlets.
Just like gas its 10-20 cents more a gallon than up or down the road from here.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 24, 2019 06:11 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
We have a gas station with a little store that tries to carry a lot of essentials from milk to starting fluid they give locals .20 of the price of fuel and only screw the tourists !LOL

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters