The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » My gun buying adventure (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: My gun buying adventure
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2019 07:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
OK I’m thinking. I know I have options. I could even move to the Florida panhandle and bother Victor, pidgeonhole him. I pick on him mercilessly, he thinks!

One thing, as far as Carlson, he’s a trader witness his latest transaction. I don’t sell guns. I mean, I have but not many. I buy rarely and keep them forever. Not a big trader like him. I don’t get it? Never satisfied? Or what? Now he will think I’m picking on him again. He’s a sensitive rascal, I need to be careful, don’t want to hurt his feelings!

So you sold the place in Mc Neal?

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2019 07:33 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I mean this 100%. You guys, take care and cherish your women. Paul, Victor, ko ko, Lance, all of you. I miss my wife every day, never get over it. Appreciate what you have, it’s terrible to loose a lifelong mate. I’m lost without her.

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted March 07, 2019 07:52 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
 - [/URL]

This is the new place Leonard, right next door to the old home place. Was tough at first to walk out door and see the old place and how the new owner was changing shit and not taking care of it like it had been, but Im over it now, new chapter, new place. Having fun fixing the new place, and it makes a great hunting camp for dove season and winter coyote hunting.

[ March 07, 2019, 08:01 PM: Message edited by: Az-Hunter ]

Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2019 07:12 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I need to be careful! I'm always doing something to one of my favorite people and yet he thinks I'm pigeon-holing him as a "collector" of Glocks? I could sense the fear. Yet, he did say: "full size Glocks, and small Glocks, and different calibers#

I don't own more than one of anything, even 2 would make me a collector. The 49er has 2 10mm Glocks! In comparison, I am such an amateur.

Glock people are sensitive. I bet he won't like to be called "Glock People"

I will say this. You were fortunate in getting that revolver back. You know, I sell very few guns and regret every one. I sold my 11-47 Remington to the other Victor. He keeps saying he will sell it back, but it hasn't happened. He's all talk! Of course, what do I need it for? Just a neat gun, I guess?

I guess I'd buy a Glock for $300, but I have not run across a deal like that. Everywhere I go, they seem to be closer to $550?

I will, for sure, use Victor as my negotiator. I have "full retail' stamped across my forehead.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: thanks for the pic! Looks like one of those I Pod containers, at first glance. I think I know what you mean, as far as selling a place and then wanting to guide the owner towards what's right. So, did you have to dig a well? This is that piece of bare ground that is just south and adjacent to the original homestead. Right?

I don't see the power lines?

[ March 08, 2019, 07:20 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2019 08:14 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Cool setup...thinking about doing something like that.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2019 08:27 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Drill a well or water delivery?

--------------------

Az-Hunter
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2019 09:20 AM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
It's all PBR metal panels on the outside, except the front, under the covered porch, I used T-111 and painted, turned out good. It is on the 5 acres that was on west side of old place, I ran a water line from old place to tiny house before I sold it, and have somewhat of an agreement from new owner for water....I see that changing soon.
 -

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2019 11:46 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice.

--------------------

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2019 03:02 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Lance I don't think his truck will handle the mountains in Kansas ! lol

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2019 08:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have heard that a septic tank can cost $10,000? I assume you don't have an agreement with the neighbor?

So, you have assessments and improvements and taxes. Did the city assign you a street number? You are almost a pioneer, huh? Is that one bedroom and a guest room? Hint, hint. I never get invited anymore. [Frown]

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Az-Hunter
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2019 02:41 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, you wouldn't believe the long road of how I got as far as I have on the tiny house project. It all started as a desire to have a little place to come back "home" couple times a year. I was going to opt for "off the grid" plan; solar, maybe a miniature septic system etc. Then I realized cost/benefit of solar,batteries, panels all the stuff that goes with it, I'd just go conventional power from SSVEC, our local co-op. Well, to even get them to come take a look and "engineer" a plan....which is one 110' span from the neighbors transformer pole to my place, I first had to have a county address. I went to county, thinking I just get an address? a county address is $15, but to have the address you have to have a building permit. I threw some bull shit that I just had a concrete slab and twice a year pulled a trailer on and just wanted electric so I wouldn't have to run a generator. Was told one can only park a trailer for two days, or I would be labeled a "squatter", I advised it was my property free and clear and was told it does not matter to the county and I could be cited.
There it all began, at the end of two hours I walked out with my county address to screw on a gate post, an owner builder opt out permit, that precludes one from having any inspections done, a septic permit, and another permit to construct a road into my own gawd damned property, all that and I was a bit over a thousand dollars lighter.

Another $450 for septic guy to come out and dig 3 12' deep hole to complete a percolation test, then I could finally get power to come out, set a drop pole and string one span of wire which cost me $2600.00. So Im all legal now, except the septic system. With the owner builder opt out permit, I have 3 years to complete the septic system, which I was quoted by the fella who did the perc test he would charge $4800.00 complete.

It is three rooms, Livingroom/kitchen , middle room that was going to house a toilet, but I decided to just use it as a pantry/storage, then a bedroom, very cozy and seems spacious compared ot actual size. I have ceiling that I put in using 1X6 shiplap lumber, the front of building is 12' and slopes to the back and is 10' in height, the high ceiling gives the feel of being "roomy". The actual dimensions of building interior is 12'X25'. Come next winter I'll have you down, I have a big futon in living room that is very comfortable, and just finished building a stand alone bathroom behind main house that's 7'X16', tub/shower, toilet, vanity/sink, all the comforts of home.

[ March 09, 2019, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Az-Hunter ]

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2019 04:11 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I think I understand the issues, Vic. That's really rich, two days parking! But, you got something going for you, now.

I'm trying to vision 12X25'. That's cozy. At least you can build on a little at a time. Hey, with a 10' ceiling you can add a loft easy enough.

I'll hold you to the invite! I'd love to see it! Damn! Sold the old homestead out from under me! I was about to make you an offer you couldn't refuse.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: you know, my old partner, Pat.His mom was a very talented artist. I have several of her oil paintings around the house. She had a little 10X10 shack up a dirt road out in Barstow and it was so quiet and peaceful and she would paint. That's the way to get away from it all, with no distractions.

[ March 09, 2019, 04:15 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2019 12:30 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Looks and sounds like a nice place Victor ! I got lucky when I built my place , I had a good guy inspector he said mine was the best build he had seen in Ash Fork we were walking the property and he came around a corner and stopped and said I did not see that solar equip. I laughed and said you could not possibly have seen it ,it wont be here till next week . He told my to apply for a permanent gen set I did he approved the project and signed off. He said if I wanted a solar permit it was a nightmare engineered drawings et al. scaled plot of the property and a whole lot of nonsense! Coconino county is centered in Flagstaff a college town making it the bullshit capital of the world. Good luck and continued success with your project !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2019 09:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, that's the cool part. Along with my solar, I have about 4 pounds of drawings and charts and blueprints, with an official stamp in the corner of each one.

I'm sure I mentioned that I got a final settlement from SoCal Edison. In the form of a check for $78. I already spent it.

Near as I can tell, by July, it will be two years even though they took their sweet time getting it online. I am disappointed in the energy savings. In fact, I don't see savings. If there are, I'd have to see the exact figures to compare but it looks like same old same old. In other words, These assholes are helping themselves to my Visa Card and I do not like it. It's about the same as when Edison sent me a bill and I paid it when due, a much more civilized arrangement.

Then there is the reappraisal of my property. They think those solar panels enhance my property value to the tune of about $400 per year. I consider the whole thing a monumental waste of time.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2019 11:30 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmmmm!

--------------------

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted March 10, 2019 12:06 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
I hate to say I told you so...but..

I dont know? I know people that love it. But they also dont mind giving another 500 or more dollars a year in property taxes. Maybe it will pay off in the end...dont know...but this state never gives anything for free...THAT I DO KNOW.
Mark

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2019 06:00 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I would never say told you so but when they have to knock on my door to give me what I need flags go up ! I am no genius but nor am I simple !
Any time solar does not come with batteries theee's a dick in your butt !

[ March 11, 2019, 06:02 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 11, 2019 07:31 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
As Strother Martin so aptly put it: "What we have here is a failure to communicate.

Most likely, I wasn't paying attention when they were talking about certain things. Like cost/benefit ratio. Or something?

Another thing. It might have been shortly after they gave me the final ok to flip the switch outside and actually turn it on that I had another technician here to hook up TV and Internet when I switched from Dish to Spectrum. I did not find out that a certain cable connected to an antenna was reporting my solar operation to some satellite somewhere. So, for the past year, they have been estimating my electrical usage via something other than actual data. What the fuck is that? So, now the thing is reporting accurately and the first question that came into my mind was, how do I recover the money I paid based on their fairy tale billing?

I guess it was somewhat my own damned fault because they had been sending me email all the time asking for an appointment for a tech to come out and check the system, which I ignored. This time, the guy just showed up, ambush style. I almost didn't let him in. Yup, I have a huge hard on for these guys. But, we will see if this next year I start seeing some actual savings; because, as I said, so far I have been paying Vivent Solar the same as I was paying Edison.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS Paul you are so smug

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2019 04:16 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
You will see no change you have been Californicated !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2019 08:29 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, you are so smug!

In fact, my first bill since they plugged in the damned doohickie came via email yesterday. Bear in mind, for the whole last year, my bills ranged from $89 to $162. This first one was for $29. I believe it rates an inquiry as to excessive charges all of 2018?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2019 02:04 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Smug ! If you like it I'm happy for you.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2019 02:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn’t say that. I’ve never been completely satisfied and you know it. But I’m not convinced I’m being butt fucked so I don’t know why you are so smug about it? I’m certainly not sticking up for this outfit, but I’m not a moron either. Do I wish I had not done it. Not even that. However a couple things have developed the seem to mollify my attitude a little bit. I did threaten them to come and remove their shit. Especially this last bill. Yes we have had rain so that would mean less, I guess? But last month was just as rainy and that bill was $89. (Before they plugged in the transmission link.

I just don’t know?

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2019 07:18 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Now back to the ridiculous ten day waiting period in California. It's ten days tomorrow at 5:02 P.M.

As billed, this "ten days" perform a valuable function. What function? I heard it's a cooling off period. If I wanted to shoot up a school, it gives me 10 days to come to my senses. However, what the hell good is it when they know I already have a S&W Shield 40. In other words, Maybe there is a valid reason when somebody doesn't already own a firearm but after that, it's just fucking with ya, because they can.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted March 12, 2019 09:33 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Picked up my new glock today. Took 3 more signatures to take possession. Geez.
Mark

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 14, 2019 08:40 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Update:

I was there yesterday, all bright eyed and bushy tailed. Took a number, and listened to all the bullshit at the counter. Like a bunch of old ladies. And, Fat Boy was there, He almost caught me snapping his picture! He was telling this black guy same shit, 9mm is better! Where does he get this shit? Anything you can do with 9mm you can do better with the 40 S&W, and the black guy made up his mind in a hurry, next thing you know, he was writing it up. Don't know why it pisses me off so bad, but it does!

Anyway, I stood around for about an HOUR when it suddenly dawned on me! I didn't bring my documentation! They wouldn't take my registration because it expired the day before. Well, I haven't got the tag yet so I had to come back home any get a couple utility bills.

Then, I got back as quick as I could and dammit! They had closed! I couldn't believe it! They closed at 7! I rattled the door and chubby chick talked to me through the crack in the door. Then I read the store hours, dammit! Nothing personal, they didn't close the door in my face, it's just closing time. Never occurred to me it would be so early, butthat's life.

So, I'm heading down there right now.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters