The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Holy Crap on a Cracker!! 2.0 (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Holy Crap on a Cracker!! 2.0
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2019 02:28 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
It actually feels and looks like winter!
Pulled the last of the traps and the wind was blowing snow in behind the truck fairly fast.
More storms coming in over the mountains and the wind at the house is moving the road runner's leg really fast.

Arco to Carey is now closed due to snow and drifting.

So much for a early spring.

[ February 12, 2019, 03:50 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2019 04:19 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I was meaning to warn ya about conclusions and weather predictions in early February; they CAN bite you in the butt. Also, recycling topic subject headlines. But, that's just me, there's no rule, as such.

Just kidding. But hey, I've seen blizzard conditions in May, in SOUTHERN Arizona, so it CAN happen.

Just settle down and enjoy civilian life. [Smile]

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: If we didn't like ya, we wouldn't pick on ya.

edit: and "He who shall not be named" made a grumpy comment about what do you expect? Intermountain region, etc. [Smile] [Smile]

[ February 11, 2019, 04:31 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2019 05:02 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
The tan lines from my flip-flops last summer are starting to fade.
Brutal conditions.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7577 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2019 05:20 PM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
And I had to put on a jacket to go fishing this morning.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2019 05:53 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Its fucking freezing here!! 70 degrees! Wheres my long johns?!

Not really...its like 50 in the daytime. Truck window froze over in the mornings....what a pain.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2019 06:22 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
I haven't minded the snow or the cold. IT"S the WIND!

If you didn't pick on me I'd Leave. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted February 11, 2019 09:08 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Got a number of pocket note books my father always carried in his front shirt pocket to keep track of feed prices, number of bales on either of our two pastures, number of piglets born or claves etc. It's noted inn bold letters, SNOW MAY 11th, I can remember it, just not the year?, never saw that occur again in my lifetime there.
Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2019 06:14 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Vic last year was not bad but the year before our last snow was May 18 !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted February 12, 2019 10:01 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah but I was there! Had to put on the chains, which I ALWAYS carry anyway. And, it blew in from the EAST and 40 miles from Tucson, on the Papago, of course. There's something about mysterious weather patterns coming up out of Sonora, always scrambled. Assume you folks have heard about the monsoons and the frogs?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2019 11:36 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
And the lightening !!!!!
Don't forget our awesome lightening storms.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7577 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2019 03:46 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
But, they are always somewhere else, like over there, not right here where we are. You know? I mean, it's AWESOME and all that, but you don't really get dumped on, seems like? But, I agree, we need to do something about it! Thanks for mentioning it!

Vic, we need you here. On this. What about the heat lightning? What did Dad say? Ever done Sasabee? (just nod your head)

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Az-Hunter
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2019 04:22 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Used to have family picnics in Sasabee in the 60's, was a beautiful area. Have hunted that whole Altar valley area only a few times. With the introduction of antelope, they only allow coyote hunting in the months I don't like to hunt coyotes. Far to many Border Patrol and illegals as well as other hunters in that area anymore, plus it's a bit of a push in distance to run for hunting for me?

I had to look up heat lightning, never heard of it? Wiki tells me it's simply lightning so far off in distance the associated cracks and booms are not audible, so apparently, Ive seen heat lightning thousands of times.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2019 05:00 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well yeah, I'm talking back in the day. Haven't been there in a long time. But it is a cool area, used to be.

Actually, I do remember hunting once about ten years ago and the damned coyotes were spooky as hell. I could hear them shooting at 3 points. Fuck that! Arrivaca.

But, down around the border, it always seems kind of exotic, to me. I've mentioned before, actually climbing the fence to drag a coyote. Those days are over! Can't even believe I did that? And, not just once. Dumb ass.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Az-Hunter
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2019 06:50 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Ive shot my share of Mexican coyotes, by setting up right near the barbed wire fence......just never crossed it to retrieve them.
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 12, 2019 06:58 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I'm talking about. You are just smarter than me. Of course we always had to bring them back for check in, otherwise there was no point.

But, yeah, mainly all we had was a double strand of barbed wire fence, two fences side by side, which actually made it easier to climb over.

Those days are pretty much over. Now, it's just strolling down Memory Lane. lol

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: come to think of it, since the monuments were well past the barbed wire, sometimes, I guess we weren't technically in Mexico?

[ February 12, 2019, 07:00 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2019 07:33 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Those days are long gone , I've gone well past the monuments to pick up a few , now the washes are covered in backpacks and Pedialyte bottles its like a landfill of traveler trash !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2019 09:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I've seen the trash for years in the desert between Yuma and Tucson because that's where I concentrated. But, the first time I did a little hunting between Nogales and Tucson, I was literally shocked at the backpacks, plastic jugs and sleeping bags. And, there is a sort of valley that runs along 19 most of the way. I suppose most of the traffic is at night, but boy, just judging by all the discarded stuff, it's more like a landfill. There's not yet flocks of crows and seagulls, but with a few more Doritos and cookie crumbs and they will show up. It's really amazing, you have to see it to believe it.

And, I just had a thought. Instead of stringing razor wire on the border, they need to get it along that corridor. Every mile. Oh, and when you get a heavy rain, all those damned jugs float and pile up. I'm wasting my time talking about it, you cannot visualize it without seeing it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2019 11:30 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
West side of the state is getting pounded by the weather. Any elevation is getting snow like in the old days. Road are closing due to drifting and blowing snow. Avalanche Alley is closed now. Looks like from Idaho City to Stanley. East side of the state a lot of roads are closed due to blowing and drifting snow.
We seem to be in the donut hole. 41* cloudy and a south wind so there is melting going on.
Glad I don't have to or need to drive anywhere. Couldn't get there if I wanted to.
[Big Grin]

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2019 05:51 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah the wind finally sort of died down. Been a good week of strong winds. Not much snow though a few inches last weekend. Gone now.

Soaked here. raining LIKE CRAZY. Y'all come over bring rubber boots !!

My goats are hiding in their house. They hate rain !! dumb chickens don't seem to care ?

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2019 06:49 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
It's been raining here all day and forecast is to continue all day tomorrow, only harder.

But, I know we need it. I'm still getting cabin fever. Good thing I bought 4 more books at the thrift store.

edit: 1 Crichton, 1 Forsyth, 1 Ron White and 3 Hillerman.
Right now I'm half way through Poland by Michener. Figured it was my duty to learn something about the old country. It's actually quite interesting.

Good hunting. El Bee

[ February 13, 2019, 06:58 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted February 14, 2019 09:39 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
As promised, it's pouring....

edit: good thing I stopped after haircut at the store for a few supplies, but I'm in bunker mode in pajamas. Maybe later I'll get dressed?

[ February 14, 2019, 09:41 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2019 10:49 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Been raining since 7:00 am to continue thru tomorrow
calling for an inch , just a light steady rain !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted February 14, 2019 12:39 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, brace yourself. More's coming!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2019 12:50 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I have this Lady Friend. She just took delivery on a new custom designed Mercedes (S550?) and said there will only be 100 built. Now, how do I respond to that, given that my truck is 15 years old and badly in need of paint? She has reconstructed breasts, BTW. I don't think this is going to work.

What to do, Miss Lonely Hearts? ko ko?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted February 14, 2019 01:42 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
We had a good snow storm come in for about an hour it's turning to rain now.
Really glad we don't have to drive anywhere.
US20 from Catcreek summit to Arco is all closed now another avalanche.

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters