The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Sometimes....

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sometimes....
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 07, 2019 06:25 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
this shit don't work.

We all know that Murray Burnham said that, but who did he say it to? I was thinking it was Tim Behle, but am not certain. Wanting to give proper credit in an upcoming project. More than once, after a bad morning, I've quoted this.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2019 04:59 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Cdog
Tim is on facebook look him up !Talk with him regular !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 08, 2019 06:00 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
He must have fallen off my list. I haven't heard from him for a loooong time. I'll look him up.
Thanks for the heads up.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 09, 2019 11:00 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, worth a shot. But about (oh) two years ago, we got word that Tim was on death's doorstep. Several people tried to stir him up so at least he could say, Howdy! But he never did and recovered and he just never was interested in touching bases.

I know one thing, he's not the same Tim that used to check in here every day since him and Miss Joyce broke up. So far as I know, he's living in Mexico with a Mexican woman, have no idea what he does for a living? I'm not on Facebook, so I might never know, but wish him well.

Oh, PS I do not think that Burnham was talking to Tim when he said that quoted, above. But, it might have been Byron South? Just a guess.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2019 05:02 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard he is back in Az. He is 2 years clean and sober from a bad drug addiction and is doing very well. He is very much into recovery and helping others to get clean ! Using his time to good purpose !

[ February 10, 2019, 05:04 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2019 07:46 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, thanks Paul! Good to know. Actually, I knew about the drugs a long time ago but was asked to not discuss it and I never have. I wonder if he's back in his place on Crittergitter Lane? I've stayed as a guest there before the divorce. Now, that's some wide open places and a long walk next door to borrow a cup of sugar.

You know, I just don't understand substance abuse. So many lives ruined for what? Miss Joyce, I thought she was great. But, I'm always sad over divorce. I know, when I got married, I absolutely knew that it was forever and I'd never do it again.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted February 10, 2019 05:31 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, With all the training I had in EMS in dealing with street drugs and drug abuse, I can honestly say that unless and until you come face to face with it, either in yourself or in someone you love, it is hard to understand all that goes with it. I've spent twelve years now getting educated out of necessity in dealing with my son and we have a long way to go. I've had to completely flip on so many aspects of the condition and what it does to the addict, their family, and everyone in society.

I will say that doing what you need to do, versus doing what you want to do, can be some of the hardest decisions you will ever have to make. There have been many times where I could very easily have just walked away from everything I've spent my life building - my marriage, my family, my job - and just signed over everything to my wife just to put distance between myself, my sanity, and the constant onslaught of shit that I never wanted anything to do with. But, the tough decisions I've made have turned out, so far, to be the right ones as far as how they impacted my son and I regularly, while under the stress of what might, at the time, seem like yet another crisis, reminded myself to the extent of sitting quietly with my eyes closed and repeating to myself over and over, "Stay the course." If Tim's addiction was part of his divorce, I cannot blame Joyce or the boys. Addiction is a living hell for everyone involved. I am so glad to hear he is in recovery.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters