The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » So, LB punked out on the csmpout

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So, LB punked out on the csmpout
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted January 04, 2019 01:52 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
My intentions were good. Spent considerable time and treasure on preparations. I even rolled. Got as far as Phoenix before I gave it up, turned around, and got back home in the morning, before sunup, then went straight to bed. I should get a participation trophy, don't you think?

I guess my health isn't as gooder as I had been thinking? Well, there's always next time! Really, I do need to kill something. Just as soon as I get up the gumption, I guess?

So, I apologize for missing the action, while I surf the 'net. And, unpack, at little at a time. Shit it took me all week to pack, I getting there, slowly but surely.

By the way, one thing that left me at wits end is my safe took a shit! I spent hours on the phone trying to resolve the issue but still can't open it! I'll probably call back and resume the troubleshooting on Monday. This is a Cannon, and apparently it went into some kind of bunker mentality, resisting all effort. We aren't quite at the point where they will ship me new electronic components at no charge, but I've already decided that's the case. I just didn't have any more time, since I was already going to be traveling all friggin' night because of this sudden development. Fortunately, I had one gun out of the safe, cleaning, otherwise I would have REALLY been up shit creek without a paddle! Anyway, it's been one thing after another.

I always thought there has to be a way to get into a safe without an acetylene torch, like if I forgot my password? Well, it turns out there are quite a few ways, but none of them worked, thus far. I'm pretty sure they will be mailing me a new electronic keypad from Henderson, Nevada, next week. We will see?

Hope they take a few pictures and post them?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Eddie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2019 03:27 PM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
For one who didn't get to make it l would also like to see some pictures of the country and any critters you guys get. Be safe out there.
Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted January 04, 2019 06:11 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm sure you would have made if you could LB.

I have no health issues as of now. I'll tell ya drivin' to Henderson kicked my ass twice !!

Coming & going [Wink]

Rest & get on the mend amigo..

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2019 03:23 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
LB I get it completely . life changes often in cruel ways .Thank the lord I have been healthy for a lifetime then at 64 came the cancer I survived the cancer but I fear not the Radiation its been all downhill since then. I hope you get well soon we need at least one more full campout at least as big as the last one Danny B. attended !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2019 03:40 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Trophy is in the mail be well my friend !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2019 03:59 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
LB did you replace the battery with those high end lithium ones?
We had the same problem with them.
You can put a regular dial on them and get rid of the electronics.
We haven't done it yet but they are a pain.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2019 08:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
No, Earthwalker. I don't even know if they have a 9 volt Lithium? Anyway, while going through the checklist, that never came up. The part that the rep diagnosing this was most concerned about was the beep and I'm so damned deaf, I couldn't verify if it was beeping or not? But I could see the little red light, but was told the beep is different. And, diagnostic. He had me hold the phone up to the keypad while I punched in the numbers, and with Pinky peeping over my shoulder, that didn't work too good. When I call back Monday, I will put him outside, FOR SURE. He's too damned curious for his own good. Every time I open the safe, he want to get inside. Before this was an aviary, it was Nancy's office.

But, don't worry, I did think about the combination dial option while screwing around with this keypad.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2019 03:22 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Lift the unit off the face of the safe and put the Energizer lithium ion battery in. We had the same problem and try to keep those type of batteries on hand in the frig.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 05, 2019 04:41 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
El Bee was missed !!!
We had a very nice get-together despite the low turn-out. That guy from back east, A Texan, was given the award for the most miles traveled.... a copy of Dougherty's Varmint Hunter's Digest. We burnt a lot of firewood (Thanks Ted) and solved most of the world's problems. A few coyotes were taken by Ariel, his hunting partner Randy and that guy from back east. They might have gotten more but had u-joint failure. A few more coyotes were seen but no shots.

Given the weather forecast of 100% rain we decided to pack it in early.

We need to pick a time & place for the next one.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 06, 2019 04:12 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I also wish I could have made it!! What a drag it is getting old!! My body is just a little unstable yet for a camping trip.

I will do my very, very best to make it to the next one!!! I really wanted to!!

Wow, Leonard, all the way to Phoenix before turning around?? That must have been a difficult decision to make.

Is your health okay??

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2019 06:53 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Danny. Let me put it like this; it's getting better. It's funny how removing 3 feet of intestines can be an improvement.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS I'm still better looking than Paul.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

ATexan
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2019 11:10 AM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
The campout was a good time fellas. I can't wait to get back to southern arizona by mid-march if everything falls into place. Maybe we can meet up again and go for another round. LB, I hope you get to feeling better! Hope to meet up with you the next time around. Yea, u joint problems brought a fast paced in your face coyote shotgunnin' to a end Friday, hope the repairs are not too costly Ariel. Thanks again fellas for showing me around and a hell of time this weekend. Well worth the time behind the windshield for sure! And Koko I the book is an awesome piece to add to my book collection and hunting knowledge!
Posts: 112 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2018  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 07, 2019 12:04 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to hear that you made it 'back east' ok !!

Funny thing about that book. We now have gizmos and geegaws that were only dreamed about when it was written but it's information is still relevant.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Ariel Perez
Member # 4678

Icon 1 posted January 09, 2019 12:20 PM      Profile for Ariel Perez   Email Ariel Perez         Edit/Delete Post 
Anytime Dustin, we had a good time shotgunning coyotes in the face. My ass is still sore from slipping in the mud, part is ordered and should be here soon, I’ll slap it on and I’ll be back in business.

--------------------
AP

Posts: 60 | From: South/eastern Az | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters