The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Roll Call. (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Roll Call.
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2019 02:05 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I've heard drinking a beer with your Percocet is the only way to do them right!! LOL I don't drink anymore. I am not all together fully against it, I just don't ... usually. I cannot pass up drinking a couple of cold Pacificos when we go out for Mexican food though.

As far as Andy goes, there may not be a problem at all. Over the last few years I have tried to contact him using Facebook Messenger but I do not know if he uses that medium or not but I never got a response and that's why I asked since I saw him poking in here. I have disagreed with Andy on exactly 2 issues and both of them were brought to the surface here on huntmasters. The last conversation I actually remember having with him, I thought went really well. It was about home schooling children and he was considering it.

For what it's worth, I like Andy, used to anyway. We have hunted together a few times.

[ January 01, 2019, 02:28 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2019 03:52 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Ok I typed this once and it wouldn't post so this will be shorter.

Danny I don't recall any argument so it must not have amounted to much. I never felt any ill will towards you. Ive always liked you. I never got any messages either.

Ive had 4 back surgeries. L1-5 is fused. I lived on pain meds for 4 years. Now I hardly take anything. I lost about 130 pounds since I saw you last. Im working as a carpenter. Im physically in the best shape since I was 25. Im 51 now. Muscle is the key to the back. Soon as you can get to building muscle. It holds everything together. I think I am stronger now than ever before. I pour concrete, building bridges in warm momths and hang sheetrock in the winter. And work circles around guys half my age.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2019 03:55 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I will be pissed if you ever dive head first into a snow bank trying to catch a pheasant and dont warn me so I can video. That was funny shit. 😂😂

Danny we have had a blast every time we have been together. I never laughed so much as the campout huntin with you and Tyler.

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2019 04:00 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Danny it is possible that you have a hernia I'm wearing a truss right now till I can schedule surgery in the warmer months when my wife can fend for herself it keeps my intestines from dropping in to my right scrotum! Talk about big balls LOL!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 01, 2019 04:16 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I yet live, despite the best efforts of the psycho-drivers in Calif. By the Gods, it's good to be home !!!!!

Now, to get ready for the campout.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2019 03:38 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
When I return from the land pf fruits and nuts I feel like I'm sliding into home plate !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2019 04:33 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly !!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted January 02, 2019 08:05 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Keep it up with the needling!

Have you ever heard of an app called, "Everything but the house"? See, that's my main impediment. I got so much "stuff" that I don't know what to do with it. BTW, 43 years, as of yesterday! Still the coldest night ever spent here, and without the utilities turned on because of the holiday. Seems like only yesterday?

Anyway, this company will move or sell everything you got, clean you out slick as a whistle. That's what I need. No time to put everything up on Ebay or Chad's List or whatever it's called? That might get me up and off the dime. I have 43 years worth of accumulated treasure and it is standing in the way of my migration.

Speaking of which! I hear that it's going to be damned cold down there this weekend? And, I hate cold weather! I concluded a long time ago, that if I were to move, strictly based on agreeable climate, it would be Maui or Israel. But the hunting ain't worth a shit in either of those places. So, maybe AZ and must deal with their snob treatment of CA refugees?

By the way, when I get there, I will visit a real estate office or two, just to see what's available and suitable for my modest debt to income ratio. I might even make ko ko an offer he can't refuse? Well, I'm almost packed.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2019 08:21 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
One thing about having your shit all packed; for the next couple of years it's like Xmas every time you open up a storage box.
"Hey, I forgot I even had this …………………… "

--------------------

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2019 08:28 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Wind factor -1 with 45-50 mph winds lost my canvas garage thus morning one of those harbor freight things !

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2019 09:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's brutal! The wind. Well, time to get my ass in gear. I still have to tuck in Pinky, keep him in crackers and peanuts for a few days and out smart him on ways to spill his water bowls. And then he squawks, hey, I got no water! It's always figuring out how to outsmart him. So, LB out

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

ATexan
Knows what it's all about
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2019 09:14 AM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
Funny you say that Ko ko. It was Christmas all over again last night in my garage. I found all sorts of things that were boxed up that I had all but forgotten about. Got all most everything located for this coming weekend. Only bummer is there is a storm coming in tomorrow with snow. Looks like I might have a long trip to get down to Arizona. Gotta love ol' man winter.
Posts: 112 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2018  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2019 09:33 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Right now we have a few inches of White Global Warming on the ground. If it melts, it's gonna get muddy.

What's maddening is looking for something that you know you have but can't find. So you go buy a new one and when you go to put it away ………… right next to the one that you were looking for in the first place. [Mad]

--------------------

ATexan
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2019 09:55 AM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
Story of my life, koko!
Been looking at the radar and the storm y'all have passing over is supposed to swing thru tomorrow. Couple of inches of snow is all they are calling for around Amarillo. Just hoping I-25 is not to iced up when I am driving towards I-10. Don't know what they are calling for in New Mexico.

Ariel Perez
Member # 4678

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2019 12:23 PM      Profile for Ariel Perez   Email Ariel Perez         Edit/Delete Post 
Atexan weather should be good in NM Thursday and Friday for traveling but will be rain/snowing on Sunday. Keep in mind this is Arizona and New Mexico the weather changes pretty frequently. But that’s what the forecast is calling for anyways. Friday and Saturday should be good hunting as long as the roads are drivable.

We hunted in NM last weekend in the snow and it was an absolute blast. We don’t get very many chances to hunt in the snow around here but when we do it’s a real treat.

See you guys Friday, my NM partner will be tagging along with me and a friend from California might even show up.

--------------------
AP

Posts: 60 | From: South/eastern Az | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged
ATexan
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted January 02, 2019 01:00 PM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks AP! I will be in Arizona hopefully early Friday.. Hoping around noon if everything goes well. I am going to leave Thursday night around 11 or so. I am gonna have to get my hunting licenses in Arizona, so I will go to Safford and hit up the wally world and then head to the campout spot.
I got 7 stands in last Saturday with 3 inches of snow on the ground. Man we had a great day! 6 coyote and one bobcat. This week as been creeping by... I am ready to hunt! Moved out of Arizona back in 2006, its time for a visit.

Alaskan Yoter
Member # 169

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2019 05:06 AM      Profile for Alaskan Yoter           Edit/Delete Post 
Not one of the God Fathers, but I check in and read every so often. [Big Grin]
Posts: 235 | From: Wasilla, Alaska | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2019 05:54 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I, for one, would be very interested in hearing about calling way up North.

--------------------

ATexan
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2019 05:59 AM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
Second that ^^
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2019 06:38 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Sure wish I were within a day's drive of your Ronde!
As it goes, headed to OK in a week, for a week, so couldn't stack another cross country trip right in front of that one...

Dang it!

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2019 09:48 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
For those getting their license at Wally World in Scenic Safford;
Legend has it that if a redhead named Helen fills out your license and you can make her giggle, you'll have good luck hunting all year. [Big Grin]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2019 10:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
When I first read that above: I thought it said: "Leonard has it" ....
Now what would I be doing to get that girl to giggle?

Oh well, My comprehension is degrading, but at least I can still get it up.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

ATexan
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2019 11:02 AM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
Lmao! My wife helped me get my license thru az fish and game website.. Got it all printed off and in my pocket. Thanks for all the help and info.
Got everything loaded up and I will be taking off here soon. I put my email address up earlier in the needing directions sub thread. If y'all don't see my ass by noon tomorrow, might drop me a line. -tex

tedo
Member # 4320

Icon 1 posted January 03, 2019 04:13 PM      Profile for tedo   Email tedo         Edit/Delete Post 
I visited the proposed campsite this afternoon and dropped off a load of firewood, cardboard box with some pine scraps for kindling and a can of mineral spirits to assist in ignition. Snow was mostly melted but as expected the roads were a little soft but should be OK in a day or two without further snow or rain. I was driving a F-350 diesel for reference. Hope to be out there tomorrow afternoon, waiting on delivery of some camping gear, left a pile of gear in Alaska when we moved down to Arizona, didn't figure I would need it.
Posts: 73 | From: S.E. Arizona | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters