The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Rigor Rabbit/CAMPOUT INFORMATION (Page 4)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Rigor Rabbit/CAMPOUT INFORMATION
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2018 06:31 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Bad news, all the gates are locked! Good news, Mr Scorched Earth will be leaving a few for the rest of us. lol

These pricks locking gates are starting to piss me off!

Another thing. It's real easy for some dink to tell you that you are trespassing and nothing to back him up. It's one thing to own title and restrict access. It's quite another to lock up public land because he's tight with some authority figure. This shit is pissing me off and I ain't even there yet!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: I will have available some printed up business cards that allow the bearer access to all state trust land authorized by well known Supervisor Mr Victor Carlson, with a toll free number to call for to verify. That should do it!

[ December 12, 2018, 06:34 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2018 08:23 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
That should work Victor is A Gawd in them parts !
And my hero ! man shoots eggs thrown in the air with a .22

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2018 01:10 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
He's a God in these parts, too!

And, by the way, I've never seen that demonstration. Guess I was too busy hunting. But, come January, if somebody brings a 22, maybe he will entertain us?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted December 12, 2018 06:37 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Good grief LB, Ariel and his pardner, Brent and his pardner tore em up the weekend before I got there. Hell I think it took "Scorched Earth" all week to get what Ariels team did in 1.5 days. Laffin, those guys are Machines!

Ariel, yea that was probably us he was talking to at the locked gate. That is the same gate that has had a State trust sign on it for the last umteen years.

I wonder if someone posting public land or blocking hunting on public land could get arrested,cited for hunter harrassment.

I think Krump has signs on state trust also in Wilcox too.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 13, 2018 09:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I think we need Vic to look into this situation! How does state trust land become private or leased? But, I have a big problem with these people trying to keep out the riff raff. Afraid somebody will shoot one of his fucking cows!

All in favor, say AYE

edit:
PS dan, your title is a joke. a compliment to your dedication.

[ December 13, 2018, 09:10 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Ariel Perez
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4678

Icon 1 posted December 13, 2018 10:19 AM      Profile for Ariel Perez   Email Ariel Perez         Edit/Delete Post 
He says it’s because people trash his water tanks, leave gates open, mess with his horse pasture. The list goes on and on with him, one thing he told me is somebody drove into a washed out road and damaged his vehicle and wanted Eddie to pay for the damages. So now he locked up a few gates and put a sign up saying road is washed out needs work. I have looked into it a little and I think he can lock the gates for veichle access, you can still hunt the public land but you have to walk in which doesn’t really work for predator hunters.

Yes the klumps put their signs all over the place even though the majority of it is blm or state. I know a few people have cut their locks but I don’t mess around with that, they are a little on the crazy side. I know its our right to be on public or blm land but I’m not gonna get into a gun fight over a dam coyote. There is still plenty of good land to hunt where you won’t have to deal with anybody calling you out for trespassing.

There are a good number of coyotes out this year, when we did the contest here in Safford we only killed 7 coyotes on private the rest was all public land. We did the Nm championship all on public land and the same for worlds a few weeks ago was all on public.

--------------------
AP

Posts: 60 | From: South/eastern Az | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 13, 2018 11:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well now. It seems the cat's out of the bag, we have a celebrity amongst us! Just kidding, Ariel but somebody has to tease you over all that success.

I say that with respect, as virtually all my coyote hunting has been involved in contests since the 1960s. I know what it takes and apparently, you have what I call; "the fever". A good thing to have if you are looking for a body count. In fact, unless you have the fever, you will never advance, a coyote or a double and that's it, let's get some lunch!

But still, I don't care what this rancher is crying about. He doesn't have the right to restrict access; fuck walking in! If he has a bitch with somebody, and again, it doesn't pass the smell test, why would somebody fuck with his water tank? If there are hoodlums traveling the back roads of public trust land, the State of Arizona had better get off their ass and take care of the situation. It's not for some non appointed little napoleon to take the law into his own hands. And, that's what he's doing and that's what he is. Next time it comes up somebody needs to oppose his grazing application.

Yeah, cutting locks is a bullshit situation and I don't take it lightly. But I've been in a jamb before. Well, nobody NEEDS to get past that gate, this is true. But there is also a principle involved, we don't have to resort to a friggin' gunfight that the rancher will initiate and will lose if he picks the right victim; i.e.: a varmint hunter. That's very poor judgement and I sure as hell don't advocate it.

I'm against the unfairness, and as I understand it, it's getting out of hand and nobody seems to give a shit. All he and the others are doing is pushing as far as they can get away with, and if nobody feels it's worth it, he always will and maybe decide to extend his reach, (like) who's going to bitch about it? The sheeple? That won't happen.

End of rant, Sheriff Vic is coming to town. [Smile]

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted December 13, 2018 11:15 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
From what I see on that page, if you are leasing state land you can lock it up. If a horse or cattle get out and cause an accident on the road, the rancher or leasee is responsible. I do agree with ranchers when dipshits litter or otherwise tear shit up everywhere. Fucking up fences and waterholes, leaving gates open, etc. Sometimes tearing up a road cant be helped if you HAVE to get thru, but fucking shit up on purpose I dont agree with. Then again, its state and or public land....they are making a living on land I have a right to be on as well...so theres the rub.

I just think some respect on both ends would go a long way.

You still have it better than most of us here in Kali. I love AZ, love hunting there, dont get to do it enough thats for sure.
Mark
PS...I like good ranchers and farmers, and most are...but just like hunters, theres always an asshole out there doing stupid shit.

[ December 13, 2018, 11:20 AM: Message edited by: Lone Howl ]

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 13, 2018 11:35 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
What page is that? I'd guess off the top of my head that they can close gates but locking gates is a lot different.

I don't care how many people have accidents while texting, that doesn't allow authority to take away my smart phone. We need to deal with whoever is fouling water holes, and I'm on that guys side, a stupid $50 fine is not enough. But I think this is about a freedom issue.

I'd be the first one to report somebody destroying anything that doesn't belong to them. This sign in sign out situation does have some merit. I don't really have a problem with it. But, this particular solution offends me.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted December 13, 2018 12:29 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
The facebook page I posted on page 3 of this thread. AZ law allows ranchers to lock it up when leasing.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 13, 2018 12:51 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, thanks. That's a problem. Some deepstate bureaucrat made an unjustifiable rule and everybody's got to submit. That's what deeply offends me. Write your congressman.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Ariel Perez
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4678

Icon 1 posted December 13, 2018 01:42 PM      Profile for Ariel Perez   Email Ariel Perez         Edit/Delete Post 
Definitely no celebrity here Leonard, that’s the exact reason I never posted anything here on the forum is because I knew you or somebody would give me shit haha. November was really busy for me, I did three contests with two different partners and we ended up killing 59 coyotes in three contest and only won one of them. I had a mission to beat Brent/Brandon and the Stewart brothers and we did just that in the Safford contest. Definitely a weekend I will never forget for the rest of my life, I doubt I’ll ever top that record especially in Arizona.

Brent and Brandon make a dam good team and they are kick ass dudes on top of it. Stewart brothers are a tough team to beat, they are clevengers protégés. They won worlds this year with 23 and 22 were shotgun kills, I have the utmost respect for them and on top of that they are good people.

--------------------
AP

Posts: 60 | From: South/eastern Az | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 13, 2018 01:45 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I looked at that. Not before, since I'm not on Facebook and have never been allowed access. I also watched a couple of the videos by the ranchers and I am in sympathy. The problem always is, while they say that they are receptive to asking permission, it's frequently impossible to get that permission without trespassing and something I am loathe to do. Somebody mentioned adding a lock, and that's actually a good idea. I have seen places with a half a dozen different locks on a gate, so at least that offers some relief and convenience to somebody that took the effort to ask permission.

I don't know, what the answer is, but the west is tightening up and I don't like to see it. I am quite sure that places I used to go 30-40-50 years ago are out of reach nowadays. Oh Boo Hoo, you say. Yeah, well someday, someone will gore your ox.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: whoa! sorry, ariel, just your turn in the barrel. But one thing about whoever might be a protege of Clever Gary. That gives them at least one strike, but I really try to be fair. Gary has proved for many years that he is a chickenshit son of a bitch. Can't hold a grudge against somebody just because they know Gary, hell I used to know him too. Small world, ain't it?

edit: I want to hunt with Ariel! He apparently knows his way around the local situation!

[ December 13, 2018, 01:53 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted December 13, 2018 02:46 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Oh hell LB, I was actually making light of my title, I wasn't offended.

Ariel, I was polite to Eddie, and the game and fish guy. Nobody threatened anyone.

All I am going to say about some SOB pointing a gun at someone, that could get ugly for the pointer, maybe on a different day, some people don't forgive or forget shit like that. Like you said, hell of a price to pay for harassing a hunter, or for someone trying to hunt some coyotes.

I have a couple ranches now where the rancher gave us a key, and told us to kill'm all. Plus he mentioned a lion problem on his ranch. So bought a lion tag too. I just love calling those little rascals in, get the same feeling when I call in a Tom turkey close enough to hear them drumming.

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
UTcaller
NEVADA NIGHT FIGHTER
Member # 8

Icon 1 posted December 13, 2018 03:02 PM      Profile for UTcaller   Email UTcaller         Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with Leonard’s accessment as far as gates in Nevada. I always have bolt cutters in the truck and have used them a few times as you stated out of desperation (running low on gas).

Good Hunting Chad

Posts: 1612 | From: Utah | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 13, 2018 03:07 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, thanks! I knew if anybody here would know what I was talking about it would be Chad.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2018 05:01 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
Man that sounds like fun!!
My boys are 18 and 21 now. I'd love to make it and bring them along! I just had a lower lumbar fusion a couple of weeks ago. Maybe I will be ready for a campout that soon.
Lord willing, and the creek don't rise! No more drugs, nor need for tent visits from Dr.
Vic.

I won't be dragging around any coyotes though...may be just some of those cute AZ greys.

"I hope I can, I hope I can, I hope I can!!"

[Big Grin]

[ December 19, 2018, 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Locohead ]

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2018 06:17 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Outstanding !!!!!

We'll even have some 'smokey wood' for the campfire, just in case.

[Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2018 07:12 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I only drink root flavored beer now.🙂

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2018 06:49 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
In that case, I'll set aside a bottle of Henry Weinhard's Root Beer for you.
This is the good stuff, not to be squandered on children or the weak minded.

[Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2018 06:51 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey ko ko! is the di rections graven in stone? As in, can't miss, for those without that downloaded app shit? I'm still concerned about finding it without pieplates.

Carry on

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2018 01:40 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, the directions should work.
Go to the turn-off where we used to camp and turn the other way.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2018 06:49 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I note that Fred has not asked for directions? He flies all over from Oklahoma to the Dakotas, I was sure expecting he show up. Prob needs to rearrange his sock drawer that weekend?

Oh well, we all do what we can. Myself, and my daughter's concern is that I'm up to this shit. But, if Paul can make it, I can. Iron Leonard can do it.

I should have brought Pinky instead of boarding him at the Bird Farm. He loves gettogethers. Being a tropical, I don't know if he would fair well in that cold, besides, he gets loud when pissed off, like when I try to wrap him in a blanket. Besides, he likes to visit with his bird friends at the Bird Farm. The lady said some of the regulars bring their bird every month when they are out of town. They must live closer than I do? (35 mi)

http://www.magnoliabirdfarms.com/

All I know is I trust them and their rates seem fair, they sure as hell know birds. Where else can you get wings clipped and nails trimmed "for free"? It's a resource that few other places can brag about.

Now, what the hell does this have to do with campout info? Not much. It's funny how you get attached to a pet. Mostly dogs and cats, but I've had an iguana and a female mallard at different times that fit the bill. I just thought of something; both of them used to peck and/or scratch at the slider to come in the aviary for the night. They know a peaceful, quiet & safe place to spend the night when they see it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2018 06:49 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I note that Fred has not asked for directions? He flies all over from Oklahoma to the Dakotas, I was sure expecting he show up. Prob needs to rearrange his sock drawer that weekend?

Oh well, we all do what we can. Myself, and my daughter's concern is that I'm up to this shit. But, if Paul can make it, I can. Iron Leonard can do it.

I should have brought Pinky instead of boarding him at the Bird Farm. He loves gettogethers. Being a tropical, I don't know if he would fair well in that cold, besides, he gets loud when pissed off, like when I try to wrap him in a blanket. Besides, he likes to visit with his bird friends at the Bird Farm. The lady said some of the regulars bring their bird every month when they are out of town. They must live closer than I do? (35 mi)

http://www.magnoliabirdfarms.com/

All I know is I trust them and their rates seem fair, they sure as hell know birds. Where else can you get wings clipped and nails trimmed "for free"? It's a resource that few other places can brag about.

Now, what the hell does this have to do with campout info? Not much. It's funny how you get attached to a pet. Mostly dogs and cats, but I've had an iguana and a female mallard at different times that fit the bill. I just thought of something; both of them used to peck and/or scratch at the slider to come in the aviary for the night. They know a peaceful, quiet & safe place to spend the night when they see it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2018 06:53 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I get it Leonard my dogs are special ! Stupid but special !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters