The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Holy Crap on a Cracker!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Holy Crap on a Cracker!!
Ariel Perez
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4678

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2018 04:05 PM      Profile for Ariel Perez   Email Ariel Perez         Edit/Delete Post 
I’ll get you hooked up with Wade he is the president and he lives close to you, he is a great guy.

Worlds will be held in globe, Friday-Saturday hunt.

--------------------
AP

Posts: 60 | From: South/eastern Az | Registered: May 2016  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2018 06:34 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Fog Bowl here all day. Spit some snow yesterday. Never stuck though.

I think all the fog rolls downhill & winds up here ?

I've got a portable spot light to shine on my critters.

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted November 28, 2018 07:53 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, friends across and down from you under Clay Peak dump called and said it was foggy down there.
We were clear and warm until around 4 p then it rolled in here from the south.
Should be a fun morning checking traps.
Lets see if we can make it the 5th fall down for this fall.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2018 06:42 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Took the pups for their morning walk and from the north it looked like snow coming when it got to me it was frozen fog , never seen that before! I was breathing ice crystals ! Hey Al Gore the weather is more unusual than usual ! oh and you can kiss my ass !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2018 06:43 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Bubble Wrap !!!!!
Insulation and it you fall you're cushioned.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2018 06:44 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
P.S. and "Holy crap on a cracker" is the best title ever ! lol

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted November 29, 2018 09:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Paul, that sort of condition is where you can see a rifle shot all the way to the target. I don't know what causes it, and it's usually surprising but interesting.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2018 11:18 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't understand all that I know about it, but I think that it has something to do with humidity boiling off in a velocity cone behind the bullet.
Rare but really cool when it happens.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2018 11:19 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Still fogged in somewhat. Go up the road 10 miles clear sun is out and quite warm actually. Drop back to the house and the temp is 27*. Can see the sun down river now and it's trying to lift and break.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2018 04:06 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well Folks, it's been raining all day here and supposed to continue at least half way through tomorrow.

And, you know what that means? Yes, you people to the east will be getting some snotty weather in a couple days. I expect we will hear all about it on the dramatic evening news, some reporter all dressed up on the shoulder and vehicles with their headlights on, driving slow.

Sounds like fun!

I have a question! Where is it that people actually drive carefully, in winter conditions? It ain't here, that's for sure! And, the assholes that cut in and out in traffic never have to pay for it. It's the guy behind that swerves and locks up. That's the worst thing about bad weather conditions, the people that are always in a hurry. Aren't we all, but reckless driving in winter conditions makes my blood boil!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: remember what I told ya. At night in snow, keep your interior lights on! Makes ALL THE DIFFERENCE!

[ November 29, 2018, 04:08 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted November 29, 2018 07:10 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I heard it was raining in the LA basin. My guess is it feels good ? I'm sure the A-holes on the freeway have a different opinion.

Rain supposed to hit tonight again & maybe in the morning.

Then probably fog ? I'm not a fog enemy but it kinda drives me crazy. Like when my dog starts barking in the "wee" hours & I can't see shit out back.

Always something to bitch about. Right ?

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 30, 2018 03:40 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
High wind & rain just got here. This is gonna get ugly before the day's over.

El Bee;
We have a local cop who takes special pleasure in chatting with those 'I'm a GOOD driver so all of that safe driving shit don't apply to me" drivers.
I suspect that the chat ends up being rather expensive.

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted November 30, 2018 05:15 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks LB. Your moisture got here
inch or so of fresh snow more to come today.
Oh well, should make elk hunting fun.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 30, 2018 07:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Sun's out. Don't know if it's over? Still a little chilly,

Yeah, I just checked. It's official. Passed us by. 50* right now.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2018 04:22 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Between the squalls right now.
More this afternoon and over night looks like it might be more if the radar isn't lying.
16* right now. Guess the weather peeps hit that one. Cold all week night and day.

Went looking for elk sign yesterday. Only seen wild horses, F/G C.O. and hunting camps. Don't know if they are wrapping up last months hunt or starting this months hunt?

Figure it'll be a free for all as usual when it comes to hunting in Idaho and elk.

--------------------

Eddie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2018 05:45 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Had a tornado last night south of me, the news said it ran for 68 miles don't no how much of that was on the ground. Have to wait for day light to see how much is tore up. Sister in law called yesterday said that they had a 7.2 earthquake just down the road from her house near Anchorage. Sounds like November ended pretty rough for some folks.
Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted December 01, 2018 06:36 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I saw pictures. knarley! They seem to have some serious earthquakes up there! Like 4' high cracks, & dropoffs, and just like in the lower 48, ceiling tiles fall down and stuff falls off the shelves. Amazing!

But still, the worst earthquake I ever personally experienced is long forgotten but it was centered right here in Upland, 4 miles deep. It was like somebody set off a bomb under my chair that early Sunday morning as I was reading the LA Times. It was only a 4.? but you had to be here to appreciate it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2018 09:57 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Sunshine on my panels makes me happy ! -'John Denver' I think

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2018 10:30 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
We got snow ……….. up on the mountain where it belongs !!!!!!!
Hey El Bee;
Remember the 6.5 Northridge Quake ?? I lived in Reseda about five miles from the epicenter.
Moved to Olympia and rode out the 6.5 Nisqually Quake.
If I never fell the ground move again ……
[Eek!]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2018 11:22 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Northridge. I believe that one was around six AM? I don't know if I was actually awake before and just laying there, but both me and the wife were awake through the whole thing and just laid in bed, not a word was spoken. Got up and looked at the pool, water splashing all over the sides, when it finally settled down, I think the level was down 4 or 5 inches, or about 3,000 gallons.

Have you ever been driving during an earthquake. Very strange, you think you had a flat, or one time, I had the sensation that I was crossing railroad track at an angle; kinda slipping and sliding.

One time, I was wshing the car in the driveway and was bent over, washing around the front fender when I was bouncing and thinking, wow, I need new shocks! Just then, Nanc came out the front door and said, hey, did you feel that? Feel what?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2018 11:59 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
It was 4:30 in the morning. I got thrown out of bed from a sound sleep by what seemed like a freight train going thru the living room. Trying to stand up, I could see stars below me. WTF ???? Turned out to be static electricity in the carpet.
Bad times !!!

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2018 02:14 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, you're probably right. 6 didn't seem right, don't know why I guessed it? But it was pitch dark so it must have woke us both up, I don't even know if I could have got out of bed if I wanted to? I think the Mexicans slept in the parks for a week and a half, afterwards. Hows that for brilliant?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2018 05:18 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Cold today. No new snow and only a big fat zero on elk hunting. A lot of sharks on different roads sitting and glassing.

--------------------

Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 01, 2018 06:53 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Looked out back earlier today your mountain (earthwalker) is about 1/2 to 2/3 white now.

You going back there for another year ?

Pretty soggy here.

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 02, 2018 04:59 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
One more summer to go.
I think after 40 years it enough time.
I can officially retire after Dec 1 2019

Been watching the HSB webcam and Holy Crap! It has snowed on that mountain all day.
Just took a look and it's still SNOWING up there! Either the camera is froze and won't change pics or it's happening.

Just cold up here enough snow on the ground to make it the enchanted time of the year with all the xmas lights going up right now. Which reminds me I need to get a few things put up today too.

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters