The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Kalifornia fires.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Kalifornia fires.
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2018 07:34 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
What the fuck is going on ? is Moonbeam hell bent on burning everything up on his way out ?

Fed money to fund his bullshit ? It's beyond corrupt anymore. It's EVIL..

I firmly believe most of these fires are started on intention. Direct Energy Weapons ?

Yeah, I know that's out there, but seriously how do you explain this shit ? a campfire ? a flat tire ? Yeah that holds water to a point ? But...These appear to be super fires. Explain that Lucy..

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted November 11, 2018 08:37 PM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the power company started a couple of em..they get a huge fine..guess who they pass that on to?
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Eddie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2018 02:18 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
If the big earthquake don't get Kalifornia then it looks like hell fires will.......you boys every thought about leaving. Just saying it ain't looking good.
Be safe out there, keep your ear to the ground and your nose to the wind.

[ November 12, 2018, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: Eddie ]

Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2018 05:19 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
President Trump correctly stated the other day that the reason the fires were so bad was mismanagement of the forests.
There will always be the nut-case arsonists that get off on fire and there will always be kids playing with matches.
There will always be campers too stupid to think that it might be too windy for a campfire and there will always be lightening.
These things START fires.
Mismanagement of the resource allows the fire to become a firestorm and the Pacific Ocean the ultimate firebreak. Without selective logging and controlled burns the forests are just a nightmare waiting to happen. What's happening now is just a bad dream. The nightmare will occur when the religion of peace & tolerance drives up & down I-5 from Seattle to San Diego tossing lit road flares out the windows. Think it won't happen ???
The entire left coast has a lot of work to do and not enough balls to do it.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7479 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2018 06:43 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Well said KOKO ! A nephew in California nearly lost his home but the quick thinking of his older brother saved his home they were mandatorily evacuated and found a sneaky way back in , had they not done this the house would have been gone. After getting the fire on the house out they stayed three days cleaning up hot spots on theirs and neighboring properties. This was in Agoura Hills California the same area of the bar shooting days earlier.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2018 08:15 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
http://archive.is/y71Q5
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2018 04:16 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
That is a level of stupid that should be held criminally liable.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7479 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2018 04:24 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
If you have not noticed our justice department is broken. Why are Barrack Obama , Hillary Clinton ,Eric Holder ,James Comey . and Muller along with Mad max et al not in jail ? what the fuk Richard Nixon was run out of town on a rail for nothing more than covering a crime he did not commit!

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted November 12, 2018 06:30 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

I believe the level of corruption is deeper than any of us can imagine. I think Trump is trying his damn best. I believe he's in process of peeling back layers & layers.

(edit) Too add. Another problem is "normies" don't get all this shit. When MSM is brainwashing everybody. These "dumb-fucks" don't understand.

That includes many family members & friends of mine.

It's frustrating beyond belief for many of us.
(edit) again. It is really amazing that people believe the news. I'll say again including FOX.

[ November 12, 2018, 06:40 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 13, 2018 03:12 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I have been saying for a long time now the complicit media is our greatest
threat !

--------------------

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted November 13, 2018 04:08 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
How many here are actual woodland fire fighters?
How many here have studied the science of wild-land fires, fuels?

California policies for not cutting and maintaining your fuel load around your house to make it somewhat fire proof has been stopped due to a mouse in Calif.
See it here in Idaho daily people are lazy they want someone else to take care of it.
Calif has had an on going drought for a long time now and their fuel moisture is probably down to exploding content.

The Pony Fire on our district a few years back the fuel moisture was below kiln dried wood.
We're taught in fire schools that homes are just more fuel for the fires. People have to learn to become fire wise and build better homes. Clear brush from buildings, build with fireproof materials and so forth.

One reason I refused to live near the forest boundary with the new place. I'm closer to people and town which at first I didn't like but have grown use to it. I'm surrounded by irrigated hay fields and flat ground.

It's a total helpless feeling to sit and watch these fires and with 40mph winds there is nothing you can do once it's up and going. People know about the Santa Anna winds but no ones prepares for it.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1098 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted November 13, 2018 06:00 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Left California 26 yeas ago haven't lost a minutes sleep over that decision. been through so many fire seasons there. Had a fire come down a hill to my back fence, In Santa Clarita had one take out my tack room in Chatsworth . None of it a good thing all of it avoidable with proper management! The fire in Chatsworth went all the way to Malibu with the pacific as the final firebreak !

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted November 13, 2018 07:59 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't claim any book learning on fire. Just common sense from a country boy point of view.
In the early '70s I lived near the mouth of Topanga Cyn. in Southern Calif. Smokey the Bear had kept that canyon from burning for over twenty years. They call the brush in that area 'chaparral'. When it burns, it burns hot and fast. After twenty some years there was a lot of brush. Head high and so thick it was impossible to walk thru.
When the canyon finally did burn it virtually exploded. A miracle that all of the hippies got out alive. A lot of livestock didn't.
Aftermath was that the fire had burnt so hot that soil was sterilized and the root systems of most plants, shrubs & trees were killed.
Then the winter rains came. The flooding was ugly.
All of this because logging, controlled burns, and maintaining firebreaks on ridgelines is 'bad'.
I've seen this same thing over and over. Much gnashing of tusks over the 'loss of natural beauty' but for some reason the best deer hunting is generally in the 5 to 10 year old burn areas.
Nature renews itself irregardless of our wishes.
A good case in point; The Mt. Ste Helens blast zone. The experts told us that it was a disaster that would be a lifeless moonscape for a hundred years. It took about five years for the elk to return and thrive.
A long hard look at fire policies that work and those that don't needs to be taken.

--------------------

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted November 13, 2018 09:27 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Heard on the news this morning the RH was around 3-4 % when it's that dry all you have to do is sneeze wrong and anything will go up in flame.
Yes, supposedly Smoky the Bear has caused a lot of problems but that was when lumber was king and we used renewable resources.

I'm so scared of fire my place (both of them) all weeds/grasses are down to nothing all pine needles raked up and a fire break cut on the neighbors about 30 feet or so out from our fence line.

State law in Idaho you have to keep all weeds taken care of. No one does it because there is no one to enforce the law. Boise county has a law on the books now you HAVE to have your place fire proof. Needle raked up, pine cones picked up brush-weeds taken care of and all the ladder fuels cut up. Boise county sends someone around to make sure it's taken care of or if it isn't your place is marked not defendable and they won't help you when a fire comes.

Common sense isn't so common anymore. It gets worse with each generation and to many city people wanting more for nothing spent.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1098 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 13, 2018 02:52 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, I don't know any more than anybody else. What I have an opinion about is urban sprawl. All over California, it's considered suave faire to be in the hills, Malibu to Brentwood, and Chatsworth too, Paul. I have a girlfriend out in Oak Park and that's the other part of it, they's fucked when they want to get the hell out of Dodge, in case of a brush fire. Yeah, we have mass transit freeways all over the place and must be 50 million cars. There are only so many ways out of town. You learn that every friggin' weekend on Friday. They are either going to San Francisco/Sacramento, Owens Valley/Reno, Las Vegas, Phoenix or San Diego. Okay, that's 5 destinations but there aren't 5 ways out of town. Only an expatriate would say, whatabout PCH. That's a joke even midweek.

Seems like it wasn't too long ago that a couple hundred homes burned to the ground in Anaheim Hills, of all places? I have a ringside seat here, when they start water bombing the San Gabriel's just north of me.

The thing is, go ahead and rag on us for brush fires and mudslides, and earthquakes, but we don't have Hurricanes and tornados. SO THERE!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31262 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted November 13, 2018 06:16 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not a fire fighter or anything of the kind.

Unless, I'm dumb. High possibility ?

Why do I see pictures of burned up cars with blown out window glass & pine trees unburned ?

FAKE NEWS ? I don't know. I'm not there. Why does Dave Affleck report of a weird fire in Nevada nobody seems to know about ?

Why do I hear reports of houses burned to a crisp, yet no ashes in the pool ?

I honestly don't know. I'm talking Kalifornia for now.

Something smells fishy.

Eddie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted November 14, 2018 05:23 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Believe me Leonard you don't want tornados, had one come by my house when I was ten, nothing left but dirt. Got up on the hill behind the house and it look like god just reached down and took a big gash out of the earth. You can do a lot to prevent wild fires but a twister you just go to ground and hope there's something left when you come up.
Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters