The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » ATTENTION... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: ATTENTION...
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2018 06:45 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
It shows that we ain't got no ed-u-ma-cation. [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eddie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted September 14, 2018 03:07 PM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I'll take common sense over education any time. I've seen many a Man with a lot of book smart, that couldn't last two days in the woods on there own.
Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
DanS
Scorched Earth (AZ Sector)
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2018 08:03 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like you guys need to cut down on the caffeine. Your quiet irritable. How about dem LEO-polds. HEHEHE

--------------------
futuaris nisi irrisus ridebis

Saepe Expertus, Semper Fidelis, Fratres Aeterni:
Often Tested, Always Faithful. Brothers Forever!

Posts: 1465 | From: flyover country | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2018 09:49 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a good one, Dan!

Used to drive me nuts. Still does. Not nearly as sophisticated, (and knowledgeable) as Victor and his SAKO's. Me? I've never owned one.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted September 15, 2018 10:07 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't care what Vic says, (well I really do a lot, but not about this) In America, it's pronounced, Sayco!!🙂

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2018 05:51 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I always thought that down on the boarder it was pronounced 'See-Co'.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2018 07:38 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Nothing flushes him out anymore!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2018 01:22 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
I thought SAKO was an acronym. If so, how can it be said wrong? I pronounce it Say-ko also, but then I don't have a Finish (Finland?) accent to pronounce it as sock-o.

--------------------

Az-Hunter
Hi, I'm Vic WELCOME TO THE U.S. Free baloney sandwiches here
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2018 05:38 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
So; when your down at your local meskin eatery, can I assume you all ask for a half dozen "tay-cos"?
Posts: 1627 | From: 5 miles west of Tim | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Az-Hunter
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted September 16, 2018 06:15 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
Was "unplugged" for last three weeks Leonard, had my son out to my tiny house in Az, for two weeks of putting a dent in the local dove population.
We knocked the hell out of them, son kept tally of rounds fired, over 800 shots fired in anger, had an amazing time and hunt.....big fun. If I could shoot doves as many days as I can shoot coyotes, not sure which would be my favorite? For simply pleasure, test of shotgun skills and the social aspect, pretty tough not to like dove hunting.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 10:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You can't decide because, 800 rounds fired, at doves or coyotes per day, is gull durned exciting!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Az-Hunter
Member # 17

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 12:22 PM      Profile for Az-Hunter           Edit/Delete Post 
It was exciting Leonard, I remembered you always enjoyed dove shooting too, always big fun! Plus, I love eating them, my son does too, so we are stock piled with enough to have many dove breakfasts, fried dove, gravy and biscuits, good stuff.
That dog of mine you liked to make fun of, the Australian cattle dog that likes coyote hunting. This is his second year hunting birds with me, and the sonofabitch is a bonified retriever, found most every bird lost in tall grass or mesquite thickets, and swam the stock tanks half a dozen times to retrieve birds.
Was a good Sept in southern Arizona, not as many birds as in the past, but still heads above most other locals and usual populations. Mornings were good, but the evening hunts were action packed the last 45 minutes of the day.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 01:26 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds very good. Yes, I also like doves, morning shoots and afternoons are completely different.

I like to grill dove breasts on alum foil with cubed steak and fahita vegetables like bell peppers and onions and serve on tortillas. I have a lifelong quandary between corn and flour, can never make up my mind, always have both.

My favorite areas are south and east of Yuma. They now have inspection stations on the CA side similar to what they have leaving Utah and entering AZ checking deer tags.

I guess we have one more year reprieve in using lead shot for dove only, in CA. The lead question is such a fraud. I can't believe the control freaks get away with it!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 17, 2018 02:50 PM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
We just wrap a strip of bacon around the breast and grill them.

--------------------

DanS
Member # 316

Icon 1 posted September 29, 2018 07:42 AM      Profile for DanS           Edit/Delete Post 
Vic, I don't say Taycos when I eat those shelled things. But I do say tomayto (sic) and thought of a Mako shark, pronounced like MAYco. [Smile] But I suppose no one really cares.

--------------------

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters