The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » And we have fires !

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: And we have fires !
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2018 05:49 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
One burning north of Flagstaff and one North of Payson near Happy Jack was hoping it would not happen this year , rain expected Friday !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2018 08:42 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
You might get some much needed monsoonal flow.
We're waiting on fire season to truly kick in.
Getting something each day but so far all have been small.
Grass/weeds now dying off. Oh goody just in time for the 4th.

[ June 14, 2018, 08:43 AM: Message edited by: earthwalker ]

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Brent Parker
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4354

Icon 1 posted June 14, 2018 09:01 AM      Profile for Brent Parker   Email Brent Parker         Edit/Delete Post 
We just had one on the Mule Mountains. Watched it burn a couple of nights. They managed to get it out pretty quick. Only burned around 4500 acres.
Posts: 172 | From: 2 miles east of Vic | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2018 07:57 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/

For those of you who don't have this link. You can follow all the fires in the nation and see just where they are located.

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2018 08:12 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
!!@!#@!!!!!!! fracking stupid FIRES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, I'm totally P.Oed!!
Just found out Vale BLM has picked up a fire south of Rome.
They just can't keep from burning that country up.
They have totally ruined that country. It's now a sea of grass/weeds with hardly any sagebrush left in that whole SE corner.
We got pushed out of that country and now it will be forever it seems like.
LB you know the country. Figure it's grass from Rome to the NV line all on the east side of hwy 95.
One more year of this crap then I'll be done forever with it.

--------------------

Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted June 15, 2018 02:01 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
Have relatives living north of Cortez in the Durango area. Still a ways to go before the 416 fire gets into their neighborhood. Dry everywhere. Even here. Harvest is in full swing and I've heard of guys making as low as 5 bushel an acre (normal is 40). Grass fire this afternoon came within a hundred yards of two homes before they got it under control.

After last year's fires in southern Kansas where well over 1,000 square miles of prairie burned, the state got very proactive and didn't hesitate to activate the National Guard and Blackhawk helos to help out this year. So far, that's been a great plan.

We need good rains everywhere right now.

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted June 17, 2018 06:49 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
I'm surprised it started this late. Down here in Phoenix we only had one little rain storm all winter long.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 17, 2018 09:04 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Between Fri. evening and Saturday, my rain gauge shows right at one inch.
That's gonna make the weeds grow.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 17, 2018 09:46 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
I washed my little Toyota pik up and my fj Cruiser it worked got at least an inch yesterday!

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Aaron Rhoades
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4234

Icon 1 posted June 17, 2018 12:42 PM      Profile for Aaron Rhoades           Edit/Delete Post 
Earthwalker, can you expound more on your post? What do you mean Vale Blm picked up a fire?
Who has ruined that country?
What do you mean you got pushed out of that country? By who?
Finally, I looked at the inciweb link and didn’t see any incidents south of Rome.

Posts: 155 | From: Washington | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 17, 2018 06:02 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
The fires have totally ruined that country. They have burnt all the sagebrush out of that country.
Which means little to no coyotes with little population build up. Coyote trapped that country for over 30 years. Now to many yahoos and the like and bunny huggers have found it. Can't hide a coyote in a trap if you wanted to.

Their fire got to 1500 acres. But they caught it mainly still a hair bit of green still in the grasses. So it didn't burn hot and make huge runs.
You won't see much of anything pop up on Inci-web with inital attack fires if they don't go extended fire fighting or bring in a big time to handle the fire.

--------------------

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted June 18, 2018 08:45 AM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.nifc.gov/nicc/sitreprt.pdf

for daily initial attack fires

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters