The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Employment opportunities

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Employment opportunities
DiYi
Wears wife's pink panties under his camo for good luck. (yeah, right!)
Member # 3785

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2018 02:30 PM      Profile for DiYi           Edit/Delete Post 
https://www.nbcwashington.com/news/local/Dog-Killed-in-Coyote-Attack-in-Fairfax-County-484056961.html
Posts: 623 | From: SoDak | Registered: Feb 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2018 03:36 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
So....apparently, in Virginia at least, "coyote" is a 3 syllable word? When did that happen?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31450 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2018 04:17 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Ki yote dammit Ki yote tees are only found in California !
Around Hollywood !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Eddie
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2018 05:54 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
It's sad that people have gotten that stupid that they think living next to the country is just like living in the city. What's in them woods don't always stay in them woods.
I like the phone commercial where the family's car dies way out in the country and the guy tells them they don't want to be out there after dark because the coyotes might get them.

Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2018 06:08 AM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
Everybody knows that hard core hunters call 'em yotes.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2018 09:05 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Kyot. ……… One syllable.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2018 12:39 PM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
That's funny Semp !

--------------------

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 02, 2018 04:10 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The use of the word, "yote" is very illuminating, I'll say that much.

It's probably smug, but truthfully, I don't know ANY BODY that actually, (and routinely) hunts coyotes, that does not use the word Ky-yot, with two economical syllables. And.... I find the word, "ky o tee" to be offensive to my ears.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted June 03, 2018 05:21 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Two syllable co-yote doesn't rhyme with Wiley.

I'm so confused!

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 03, 2018 05:52 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm? You do have a point.
Pretty insightful, for an Okie!
(just kidding, some of my best friends is Okies)

But, it's the exception that proves the rule. It's still Ky - Yote.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 03, 2018 07:42 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Acme doesn't rhyme with Anvil or Safe !

--------------------

Semp
GOLD STAR MEMBER
Member # 3074

Icon 1 posted June 03, 2018 05:01 PM      Profile for Semp           Edit/Delete Post 
The guys I know that hunt coyotes say ki-yote. The guys that say yote, dog, or ki-ot-tee will at some point ask about using the 17hmr.

--------------------
Always remember: That court appointed psychiatrist is not your friend.

Posts: 406 | From: Kentucky | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2018 03:07 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Semp,
That's what I have ecountered also. And I also have them not believe you can use a handcall and not a Foxpro to call up a coyote.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2018 04:52 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Walt,
Next time you run into a hand call non-believer tell them that they're the latest thing ,,,,,from FoxPro. Miniaturized electronics no less !!! Lifetime battery pack in the sidewall. Sound modulation !!!! Don't forget to mention that!!!!

[Big Grin]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7576 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2018 06:18 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
....and "wireless"!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted June 04, 2018 05:16 PM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Funny thread. I remember many years ago I went to a club hunt out at Little Lake. On Sunday when we checked in I heard Thumper McDowell say "yote." First time I ever heard it and everyone thought it was cool.

Nowdays the only place I see it is on predatormasters and used by keyboard warriors who have probably never seen a coyote.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 05, 2018 06:02 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Moe, have you passed by Little Lake in the last few years? Kind of sad, the whole hotel burned down, nothing there anymore.

That was supposed to be a major stomping grounds for Chapter #1. I never did do much hunting right around there. Always wanted to wet a line in that lake though!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted June 06, 2018 04:36 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful Little Lake last time I was there some hippies in the hotel and Oriental's at the gas station with a sign that said 'you no buy you no pee !' Musta been twenty years ago!

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters