The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Okla. thinking of new gun law (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Okla. thinking of new gun law
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2018 07:19 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Paper boats? Never thought of that? We would float popsicle sticks for blocks, around various dams we built along the curb. Pretty serious stuff. I never saw a California storm drain in Minnesota, they had flat, cast iron grids, 2'X2' that we could easily block with leaves. In fact, I don't ever remember seeing street sweepers, I think everybody kept their own curbs clean but in those days, we would rake leaves into a pile and burn them right at the curb. Green bins were unknown. I never saw a crosswalk either until moving to the Land of the Fruits and Nuts. Kids actually crossed the street without the aid of such high tech innovation. We also played baseball in the street, I never did that in California.

I never thought to ask permission to ride my bike 10-20 miles from home, when I was 10 or 11. My mom never knew where I was, until supper time. My personal nature preserve was the golf course a block away. All winter, it was deserted, belonged to me. Gamefish were mostly carp, pretty big ones; I never caught a one pound carp? Swamps were common, frogs, toads, tadpoles and garter snakes.

I really don't think kids today get the same enrichment from games on their smartphones? I wouldn't trade my youth with the current crop.

From Down Memory Lane,
Good hunting.
El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31473 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters