The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Happy Holidays !!!!!!! (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Happy Holidays !!!!!!!
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2017 11:38 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Merry Christmas all.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2017 01:01 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Everybody went on a drive to Hollyweird, no shit.

So, I have the house to myself to prepare everything. I'm just taking a breather for a couple minutes.

Still up in the air, but I'm making progress.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
MI VHNTR
I'm not shaving 'til Obama's gone!
Member # 3370

Icon 1 posted December 25, 2017 06:45 PM      Profile for MI VHNTR   Email MI VHNTR         Edit/Delete Post 
A Very Merry CHRISTmas and a Happy, Healthy New Year to all from the frozen UP of Michigan.

--------------------
The Second Amendment isn't about Hunting. It's about Freedom.

FJB Let's Go Brandon

Posts: 394 | From: MI | Registered: Dec 2008  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2017 04:59 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Well how did the dinner turn out Chef Leo !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2017 07:23 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for asking!

Dinner was a success, believe it or not? The turkey was very good except that I somehow overlooked the giblets when I stuffed the bird? I managed everything, even the yams were appreciated. However, I had opened two cans of cranberries and stored them in the refrigerator, but forgot to put them on the table. Nobody mentioned the oversight. I have a hell of a lot of ham left over which was just insurance if we ran out of turkey. But, we didn't. Didn't even have to resort to dark meat, which I don't mind anyway.

What this event did was leave me with a healthy respect for the females who are usually tasked with providing and fixing the grub we all consume on these holidays. It's a lot of work, and in my case, stressful!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 28, 2017 04:02 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Good going LB!

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2017 08:50 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you!

My son is an enthusiastic cook. Me, not so much but there are a few things I tackle, like my spaghetti, which is superior. Including my meatballs. They can't just be rolled up hamburger, I blend them with egg and cracker crumbs and spices. Then, I fry them first, to brown them before submerging them in the sauce for hours. I fry the sausages also, just to brown them, and then simmer all of it for several hours. For me, spaghetti really should have meatballs, but ribs, chicken and even pork chops is ok, once in a while. To me, just about any meat is enhanced by simmering in spaghetti sauce. I'm not too big on mushrooms and go light on chile, my spaghetti isn't very hot.

I do a pretty good corned beef dinner, too. That's a lot of work. I'm a busy cook, don't leave it unattended for very long. You also need to taste it for evaluation; comprende?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2017 02:28 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
The door is open. Come north and bring the meatballs!
Sounds very good.

--------------------

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 29, 2017 07:06 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I've delved into cooking somewhat, my wife bless her just ain't into it. She does OK mind you, but 'eh

We make lots of meat & eggs around here, pretty simple stuff. I'm working on chicken, I love me some fried yard bird-yum !!

Speaking of which I was in Vale Oregon today, about 20 miles away, stopped @ the market there & got some yard bird. Dang pretty good stuff !!
(edit)
What a hick town, ya gotta' love it. Women in dresses & cowboy boots, another gal wearing a Stormy Kromer. Good times & friendly folks.

[ December 29, 2017, 07:11 PM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2017 09:41 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Wife not into it? In my opinion, her mother's fault. Too pampered growing up.

Firstly, my wife couldn't hardly boil water when we were first married. Guess what? Her mom not only didn't care about cooking and feeding her four children and husband, but never asked her daughter to jump in and help out. I guess some of these females expect to eat in restaurants their whole life, which is good, I guess if you are married to Donald Trump, for instance.

In the case of my daughter, she helped her mom after her mom learned a few basic things but it was a little strained until she did. Right now, my daughter is almost kidded on the net because all she does with her FaceBook page is photos of stuff she cooked. Not really, but there are a lot of dinners and recipes.

In defense of my wife, she turned out pretty competent, so like I say, I blame a mother that doesn't teach a girl child the facts of life in the kitchen. I mean, even if I could, I wouldn't want to eat every meal in a restaurant. I do understand a lack of enthusiasm, can't help that. But, isn't it like washing clothes? Not everybody has laundry service.

Besides, with prepared, canned and frozen foods available, it's not difficult to serve half way decent meals. I live alone and couldn't begin to eat every meal from scratch. Truthfully, cooks these days have got it made.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: last woman I saw wearing a dress and cowboy boots was four or five years ago, in west Texas. I'm still waiting to see the first female in a Stormy Kormer.

[ December 30, 2017, 09:45 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2017 08:32 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Yup you nailed it Leonard. Wife's mom dumped her dad about 40 years ago. Went on to two other failed marriages. Mom felt guilty & babied the daughters.

Good girls, one is mine, just no kitchen skills.

I see women every once in awhile with Kromers, functional dress for a ranch wife.

Something about a woman & a Kromer driving a flat bed with a gooseneck stock trailer. Kinda gets a guy fired up !!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 30, 2017 09:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Dave. That's the way I feel when I see a woman in a hunting or shooting situation. It actually turns me on. My failure, I never pushed my wife or daughter. If they didn't want to, that's all I had to hear....just as long as she didn't keep me from what I liked to do. The only complaint I heard was that I might be away, and she didn't like to be alone. Also understandable, so I tried to make up for it in other ways. Jewelry seemed to work. lol

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2017 04:23 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
edit: last woman I saw wearing a dress and cowboy boots was four or five years ago, in west Texas. I'm still waiting to see the first female in a Stormy Kormer.
You need to come to Ash Fork !LOL !

[ December 31, 2017, 04:25 AM: Message edited by: Paul Melching ]

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2017 07:43 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
So, I think you are bragging on Ash Fork as a great little Hick Town? I can guarantee you that I have wandered into that place before you ever heard of it? Late 60's, when it was still just one leg along route 66, and long before the freeway came to town.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

earthwalker
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2017 01:08 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Good grief! You guys live a sheltered life.

You'd absolutely like me. Usually basball caps, camo cloths, boots and so forth. Yeah and I can cook!

--------------------

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2017 03:19 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Sheltered ???
Not me........... I'm from Safford !!!!
We even got women that wear make-up !!!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted December 31, 2017 04:48 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Oddly ? my wife's mom is a hell of a cook. In my opinion, I don't ask much not real picky as long as most veggies ain't involved. Yuck !!

She's retired late 60's. Wife has talked about moving her in. Well, I'm unsure about that right now, cookin' would be good though.

I have a cow that keeps getting out, better go check. Made more fence improvements today. He's sounding better & better all the time, on the dinner table of course.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted December 31, 2017 07:06 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
How come you never mentioned your wife's mom before? You could set me up when I'm in town. Umm? Unless it's Alaska.

Good hunting, and Happy New Years!
El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters