The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » So you like donkeys huh?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: So you like donkeys huh?
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted May 15, 2017 11:29 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.foxnews.com/health/2017/05/15/woman-who-lost-limbs-after-donkey-attack-settles-suit.html

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2017 02:53 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I had a man tell me that he killed a bunch of burros north of Death Valley with his 17 something? but it wasn't a 17Remington. All headshots. This was before laws protecting mustangs and burros. But, burros are a real menace around water holes. They won't let sheep and antelope drink.

But of course, there are the bleeding hearts that won't allow them to be thinned out. They should be required to adopt them and whatever they don't take are slaughtered. Will this happen? Yeah, right!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted May 16, 2017 07:29 PM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
(edit)
Mamma wants a Donkey. Interesting article for sure. I tried to load pics of my borrowed pasture eaters. I'm an idiot & have way too much going on right now.

Peace..

[ May 17, 2017, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2017 04:21 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
We have them running around the woods out here I'm sure if I have seen eight or ten there are many more !

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2017 05:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I wish I knew my "Road Apples" better. I can't tell Big Horn from Donkey, or any of similar critters.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2017 07:51 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Not good; I saw several bunches of burros over around Lake Alamo on a recent bowfishing trip.
Seems they're pretty wide spread.

A few years ago I called in a herd of burros in Nev.
I've called in a couple of cougars and a few bears but these burros were without a doubt the most aggressive things I've ever had come in. By 'in' I mean < 20 yards.
If I ever have a similar stand it might end up as a coyote bait station.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
tedo
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4320

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2017 08:37 AM      Profile for tedo   Email tedo         Edit/Delete Post 
We stopped at Alamo Lake early last spring when out and about on a road trip. We seen a few burros and heard them baying. We stayed in the camp ground close to the office and had coyotes wandering thru the area day and night, little fear of people or the dog going crazy.

What do you bow fish for in Lake Alamo? Carp or catfish?

Posts: 73 | From: S.E. Arizona | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 17, 2017 11:30 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Carp and tilapia.
The tilapia are really spooky but run about 3 or 4 pounds & are good eating.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Grizz
Member # 4626

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2017 06:02 PM      Profile for Grizz           Edit/Delete Post 
What's the difference between a donkey a burro a jackass and a mule?

--------------------
I don't hunt with the pack.

Posts: 95 | From: So Cal | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2017 06:28 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Good question.
From what I've found............
Burros, asses & donkeys are all Equus Asinus.
Burro is simply Spanish for donkey or a Mexican sandwich.
Crossing a male donkey (Jack) and a female horse results in a mule.

Who says hanging around here isn't ed-u- ma-cation-nal ?????

--------------------

Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2017 06:38 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
I LIKE DONKEYS ALOT when they are pit barbeque. This is the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth. In other words, this isn't a bunch of BS. I like to eat donekys when properly prepared.. I'll pipe in later about my wonderful experiences eating donkey's back in the day you could kill'em at will.

PS If you are wondering where I've been, I've been very busy lately giving the best cook in the family(my wife) the best kitchen in the family. I'm remodeling about 800 sq ft of our home so it is a lot more than just cabinets.. Most of the money and work is going into the kitchen. The sheet rock work is done and now I start painting and hanging doors. Cabinets are on order and about two weeks out. Getting close.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2017 07:03 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Somewhere............in my vast magazine collection there's an article by Howard Hill (World's Greatest Archer) rating different North American game animals. Feral Burros made the top ten. Wary, tough & good eating.
Mind you, it was written during the meat rationing days of WW11, but still ..............

--------------------

Brent Parker
Member # 4354

Icon 1 posted May 22, 2017 05:31 AM      Profile for Brent Parker   Email Brent Parker         Edit/Delete Post 
Burro meat has been the best coyote bait I have ever used, followed by horse.
Posts: 172 | From: 2 miles east of Vic | Registered: Mar 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 22, 2017 05:57 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody out there! I once was in an establishment on Route 66 in northern Arizona. I think it may have been a restaurant, or maybe a general store.

On the far wall, was a game head or more properly, a set of Texas Longhorn with an arrow stuck in the middle of the Boss. Beneath or next to the horns was a plaque commemorating the event from possibly the fifties? It said the arrow was stuck in the horns by Howard Hill on such and such date, a bowshot from the location of the cash register. The distance could have been 40 yards or so?

As little as I knew about archery, I still knew who Howard Hill was.

Anyway, has anyone else seen what I saw many years ago and can you fill in the gaps? I'm thinking anywhere from Kingman to Flagstaff, but I'm just not sure where this establishment is located?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted May 22, 2017 06:45 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard: I've been on old route 66 many times but never have seen it.

Way back in the 60s, I was a Boy Scout. Being a Boy Scout in Az meant you went to Camp Geronimo for a week during the summer. You leave in the morning and take a car/bus ride about two hours northeast of Phoenix. You then have to hike to the camp site your troop is assigned to and set up camp. With all the work we had to do on arrival day the camp managers would put on a barbeque that first night. They gave you a piece of meat smothered with sauce, a serving of beans and a roll. After you were done eating, they then told you what you just ate. Can you imagine the civil law suits from these do-gooder moms and dads if they did this today. My little Tommy hasn't been the same since that meal.

I've groused a few people out telling them this story.

[ May 22, 2017, 06:46 AM: Message edited by: Aznative ]

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Paul Melching
Radical Operator Forum "You won't get past the front gate"
Member # 885

Icon 1 posted May 22, 2017 10:36 AM      Profile for Paul Melching           Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck on the remodel AZ. My last house in Calif. I removed the entire back wall and pushed the house out 17 ft. all while living there Never again it was the house of our dreams moved to Az. bout a year later LOL. Leonard ill ask some of the older locals about the Howard Hill shot see what I can come up with.

--------------------
Those who value security over liberty soon will have neither !

Posts: 4188 | From: The forest ! north of the dez. | Registered: Jul 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 22, 2017 11:26 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I could be wrong, but I think that Mr. Hill had something of a habit of shooting arrows into the ceilings of restaurants & watering holes that he visited.
Kind of a calling card type of thing.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 22, 2017 06:17 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't mean to imply this was on the old 66, with the BurmaShave signs.

It was somewhere along the Interstate, right outside the door or the business loop. That should narrow it down somewhat.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters