The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Federal Form 4473 Revised

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Federal Form 4473 Revised
4949shooter
SECOND PLACE HIGGINS (MAGNUM P.I.) LOOK A LIKE CONTEST
Member # 3530

Icon 1 posted November 18, 2016 04:20 AM      Profile for 4949shooter   Email 4949shooter         Edit/Delete Post 
No real significant changes, but it does indicate Federal law supersedes State law:

https://www.gunsamerica.com/blog/new-ffl-form-4473-for-background-checks-incoming/?utm_source=email&utm_medium=20161118_FridayDigest_96&utm_campaign=/blog/new-ffl-form-4473-for-bac kground-checks-incoming/

Posts: 2274 | From: New Jersey | Registered: Dec 2009  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2016 06:04 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, BFD, as far as I'm concerned. Full disclosure, I tried weed once.

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31327 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
tedo
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4320

Icon 1 posted November 19, 2016 07:32 AM      Profile for tedo   Email tedo         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but did you inhale?
Posts: 73 | From: S.E. Arizona | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted November 19, 2016 08:16 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I've told the story before, not sure?

My wife worked as a checker at Von's, a grocery chain in California for a little over ten years. One day, she brought home a home made cigarette, that somebody at work gave her. It was in a Marlboro box, and stuck it in her drawer in her nightstand and promptly forgot about it.

Several years passed, she no longer worked for Von's, she was a travel agent and one day, being the mischievous little devil she was, we were both in the bedroom, propped up and reading in bed, when she suggested we smoke it. Just as a curiosity and I said okay. We both did a very amateurish job of it and it was mostly a dud, we didn't know how to smoke it and it was probably so dried out after ten years sitting in a drawer.

After mutual shrugs at our attempt at being so adventurous, it died out and she dropped it back in the cigarette box and put it in the trash.

However, unbeknownst to us, Shelley, our daughter was upstairs and had her bedroom window open and detected the unmistakable smell of POT! So, she came down stairs and started sniffing at the bottom of our closed bedroom door; on her hands and knees. This confirmed her suspicion. She didn't smoke the stuff, but every kid in high school knows what it smells like. She's as goodie two shoes as they come, still is except for a little wine, now and then. Neither of our kids have ever smoked.

She waited, and stewed up in her room until our little adventure broke up and then came down and confronted us, very accusingly! Talk about embarrassed! Of course, she had heard about the marijuana cigarette her mom had, years ago, so when we told her what it was she smelled, it all made sense, sorta.

Anyway, it was a little embarrassing all the way around and good for a little chuckle, as well. I'm sure we will never live it down. She turned us in to the DEA and we posted bail, etc.

No, that didn't happen, she let it slide, with a stern warning that next time....OKAY, I'm making this part up. The story ended that afternoon, never to be talked about again, as I recall? Maybe once? Or, twice, I forget? But, I'm sure she told a few of her friends!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31327 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters