The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Whew

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Whew
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2016 03:59 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
It's 119 degrees outside here in Phoenix according to the weather channel for my zip code. My two sensors said 121 degrees. The funny thing about Phoenix is it was very comfortable this morning at 5:30 am when I walked the dog. It is also comfortable with just swamp coolers in my shop. The reason being it is a dry heat with very low humidity. I don't mind this hot weather as long as it is cool in the morning and I can work in the shops with just swamp coolers. It won't last much longer and our humid season will start. Usually around the 4th of July.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1921 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2016 05:13 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
111* today on my patio.
My dogs love chasing a stream of water out of the hose & they get wet down and cooled off.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7507 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Aaron Rhoades
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4234

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2016 05:58 PM      Profile for Aaron Rhoades           Edit/Delete Post 
Now that's just too hot! About 70* from the months of March to September would be perfect.
Posts: 155 | From: Washington | Registered: Oct 2012  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 19, 2016 07:22 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I think that a person has to find a climate that `he's born to`.
The humidity back east is not for me and the 65 inches a year of rain that the People's Republic of Olympia enjoy is definitely not for me.
The heat is just not that big of a deal to me.
I just came in off of the archery range. Didn't look at the temp but I'm pretty sure that it's still over 100*
The sunset, on the other hand, I did look at; utterly awesome !!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7507 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2016 05:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Somebody is showing their age. Arizona is full of old farts that seem not bothered by insane temperatures. Oh yeah, it's a dry heat. lol

Good hunting. El Bee

PS there is a political climate and the other one. I remember Minnesota as cold as hell in the winter and spring thaw showed you where all that dog shit was carefully preserved. Then, there was the mosquitoes, a real problem. Just about any day in the short summer (before dog days) could be ruined by thunderstorms. They always said, don't go swimming in August or you will get Polio.

I actually hated Southern California when my parents first moved here. Granted, it was different. But, if you can believe the people that have seen it all, we have the best weather on the planet. The problem is the POLITICAL CLIMATE. Liberals are idiots, but they know what they want; total compliance.

Vote for Hillary and kiss your ass good bye.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31312 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2016 12:42 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Granted, Calif. would be a great place to live, if .........
(1) About 25 million people would go somewhere else.
And
(2) If I could pick the 25 million.
"Hmmmmm, is that a Hildabeast bumper sticker ?? Might I suggest Mayflower Movers."

Actually, Calif. would make a decent country if it wasn't so fuked up.

--------------------

Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2016 02:05 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know why you don't like Arizona's summers. It is already cooling off. They are predicting a high of only 114 degrees today. Talk about climate change. That five degree drop looks like we have an ice age coming on.

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1921 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2016 02:41 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
It's only 107* here in Safford today.
Too windy to shoot the bow. May get in a mountain bike ride this evening.

Yeah, it gets a bit hot.............but the summer Monsoon Season is on it's way and with it, the lightening storms that have to be experienced to be believed.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 20, 2016 05:31 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Would like to point out that while I have never been a resident, I have been a frequent visitor of Arizona since, wait for this: 1956 I have quite a few family there in Phoenix, Sedona and Mormon Lake. I know what it's like. And I know the outrage of paying $160 for a non res license.

Let's do the math, that's about 60 years, right? And, it encompasses just about every corner of the state, top to bottom and east to west.

How about you, koko? [Smile]

Seriously, I love AZ, I should have moved there many years ago. My brother in law, moved to Sedona just about 12 years ago, and still drives across the river to CA because Kaiser coverage isn't available over there. So, that's one consideration, but for me it's just procrastination. I aught to just pack up and move what I need and leave the rest behind. 41 years accumulated is a major issue, but I should probably say fuck it, and just GO!

Good hunting. El bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2016 03:37 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, you got me to wondering.......... so I pulled out the photo albums and did some checking.

Called my first coyote (a group of 5) in San Fransquito Cyn. Calif. up above the dam disaster site, Feb. '79.
Missed it with a handgun.

Made my first trip to Dugas, Arizona for the Jan. '84 Javelina season. Saw pigs, got no shots but knew then that I'd be back.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2016 06:10 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, well. I too had an inkling that I would be back. I guess the major impediments were, the sudden decision to retire at 62 without doing the homework. I knew way back that an AZ move was in the cards associated with retirement, then she died. Kinda lost incentive, or direction? Whatever?

But, seriously, part of my problem is that I just don't know where to go? I like damn near all of it. I could even live in Sun City and catch the early afternoon crowd at Denny's, since it's a dry heat. I could handle a slice of desert as long as it has utilities, etc.

But, if I'm ever going to do it, my window of opportunity is beginning to close. I am in the middle of some serious decisions right now, big financial decisions, not the end of the world but it will sure illuminate my options. Gotta sell this dump before I do anything. I may have to rent? Damn, that's an ugly word but if I can't find something right away, Last time I rented was in 1966, landlords and me don't mix; actually not even when I'm the landlord, now that I think about it?

I just sold that Yucca Valley house, a rather short investment and lucky to show a profit after just seven months, all things considered. I'm sure I will never buy another house in California so at least my head is screwed on straight, as to that issue. Fortunately, AZ prices are still attractive, looking from this side of the river.

So, I am muddling my way in an easterly direction, one of these days, I might plunge. Keep your fingers crossed.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: PS oh, BTW it was 99 here yesterday. Local fires have dropped a huge amount of ash in my pool. The air tankers were flying overhead most of the day, yesterday. edit: actually, it was the same one, a C130, neat plane. I think he must have been tanking up at Norton AFB or whatever they call it now? But, he was following Baseline back and forth at what seemed like 20 minute intervals? There must have been other planes involved, but they were loading somewhere else? Nothing today, so maybe they put it out?

[ June 21, 2016, 06:19 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2016 02:37 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Update: Thought the fire was out but guess the wind direction changed? No smoke, no ashes. Two planes today, both four engine jets, 707's, maybe? At least that's what is flying over the house.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Frank
CAN START A FIRE WITH A BUCK KNIFE AND A ROCK
Member # 6

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2016 03:45 PM      Profile for Frank   Author's Homepage   Email Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
Been seeing what you pissants have to live with in the west......117-121 Deg in Phoenix? I finally figured out I'm the abominable snowman because I like it here in the cold north.

The way I figure it....it won't be too long before you guys have your brains fried to a shrivel and come running out of that desert screaming "Allahu Ackbar".

Don't matter much to me thought, I got a 53 Gr Berger coming out of my AR at 3460 (Chronographed)that'll "physically" change your mind about Allah.

--------------------
"Truth is no prostitute, that throws herself away upon those who do not desire her; she is rather so coy a beauty that he who sacrifices everything to her cannot even then be sure of her favor".

Posts: 644 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Frank
CAN START A FIRE WITH A BUCK KNIFE AND A ROCK
Member # 6

Icon 1 posted June 21, 2016 04:03 PM      Profile for Frank   Author's Homepage   Email Frank         Edit/Delete Post 
Leonard, one of the greatest laments of my life was to see California destroyed by illegal immigration. It caused the whole goddamed state to turn liberal (democrat) where certain ammo is outlawed, certain guns are outlawed, vast tracts of land declared closed to hunting....etc, etc. Liberal politicians worked non-stop restricting all kinds of our rights. We became a state where almost everything we used to do was outlawed.

In my estimation, our government has betrayed us.

--------------------
"Truth is no prostitute, that throws herself away upon those who do not desire her; she is rather so coy a beauty that he who sacrifices everything to her cannot even then be sure of her favor".

Posts: 644 | From: North Dakota | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted June 22, 2016 05:35 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Frank, is there room for a little more blame? How about those Liberal assholes?

edit: oh, I see you covered that issue. Carry on.

Good hunting. El Bee

PS here's the thing. this state is hopelessly fucked up. A damned shame but, (ready for this?) It is what it is. We need to retire that little gem, is what it is.

[ June 22, 2016, 05:38 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters