The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Kelly and all the Okies? (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: Kelly and all the Okies?
trapper2
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3651

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2015 05:51 AM      Profile for trapper2           Edit/Delete Post 
first trip to the cellar for a tornado in five yrs, but had to go twice last night, spent a hour making snares to pass the time waiting for it to pass, got 2.1 inches here and over 5 inches north 10 miles, all the creeks are flooded and roads washed out.

[ May 27, 2015, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: trapper2 ]

--------------------
nothing is politically correct if its morally wrong

Posts: 248 | From: okla | Registered: Sep 2010  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2015 05:56 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Man... That is a LOT of water...

Glad you're okay!

We've had a real wet May, for us, and I've been complaining about it, like if I wanted rain every day I'd move to Portland, put on a flannel shirt and start thinking about suicide. But nothing, absolutely nothing, compared to what you guys are getting hit with.

I should stop complaining...

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2015 06:18 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Portland? I think Seattle is numba one; in granola, Lefty's, suicides, depression and 180 straight days of RAIN! If there is a city I am least likely to move to, it's Seattle followed by Bagdad, Havana and Moscow. For different reasons, in the case of Bagdad, but politically, Seattle/Moscow es MUY SIMPATICO.

Sunshine therapy is really big in Seattle. Not as big as firearm suicides, but still really big. Don't go there.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
trapper2
Member # 3651

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2015 06:43 AM      Profile for trapper2           Edit/Delete Post 
I aint complaining, like a guy told me once, never seen a flood last as long as a drought.

took 8 yrs for some of these lakes to go almost dry and a week for God to fill them back up, I heard guys say altus would never fill back up but it sure has

[ May 27, 2015, 06:45 AM: Message edited by: trapper2 ]

--------------------

Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2015 07:20 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Seattle may be #1 but Portland is a close second. Want communist propaganda? Go to the Pearl District. They're handing it out on the street corners.

BTW, who is Grizz? Former member of the CSVCA? Me, too.

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2015 07:30 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Portland/Seattle. I can't separate of differentiate. Same place, to me?

But, add the Salt Lake Valley, to the list. Lately. In the every day rain category anyway.

Guess we needed the water too. Not that I care. I pay $10 a month for unmetered water.

Yes, I see how open that statement leaves me to misinterpretation and attack. But, really, $10 a month, no meter. Haven't actually watered my lawn or garden once yet this year and am a good conservator, watering wisely when needed. But, California can dry up and blow the fuck away into the sea, for all I care? As long as Leonard is allowed to sell his property and leave first, of course. My grass is green. My water is plentiful and cheap.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2015 07:44 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
P.S...

Add Mark to the sell and escape list.

Anyone else that shouldn't be compelled to go down with the ship?

- DAA

--------------------

knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2015 11:30 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
muthafuckas be painting their lawns green in CA...
Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2015 03:20 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Since this is "The People's Republic", first of all, Fairy Jerry should be providing it free of charge just like as if all homeowners were poor black Democrats.

Second, there should be several realistic "shades" of dollar bill green, Geiko green, mint green, lush emerald green, etc. You get the idea. No way should I have to paint my lawn the exact same color as that jerk next door!

Keep us posted Fred, don't know what we'd do without you?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2015 04:35 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
I needed to go to Dallas one day this week so after watching the weather channel, I picked today. Cloudy but no rain today, rain tomorrow and Friday. Got a late start but loaded the truck and it started pooring. Looked on radar and one single storm was hovering over our town. Clear all the way to Dallas so I headed out at 11:15

Got 20 miles south and clear as a bell. Wife said it rained all day and at 3:00 I checked radar and saw the same storm still over my town. I ran into rain about the same place I ran out of it this morning. It was clearing up when I rolled into town but they said the lake below my house was 3' over the road again today.

More rain expected...

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Prune Picker
AR Forum Assistant Moderator-handgun GURU and dispenser of sage advice
Member # 4107

Icon 1 posted May 27, 2015 08:51 PM      Profile for Prune Picker   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
A bit over 9" of rain in the past 8 days here & over 36" over the past 60 days. I have a pair of Roadrunners that have almost moved into my garage, honest! They look at themselves in the mirrors of my trucks, come on both porch's & peck on the windows, etc. Im going Striper Fishing if it ever stops raining.

--------------------
mike

Posts: 1265 | From: "Oklahomie" | Registered: Mar 2012  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2015 04:26 AM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
If it doesn't stop, you could fish off your porch.
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Eddie
Member # 4324

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2015 06:04 AM      Profile for Eddie   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
You guys are lucky, Pawnee lake is still 12 feet below normal and the lake I get water from is 15 feet below normal. We've been water rationing for 2 years now here in Pawnee county. The ponds are filling up now so maybe we can get some run off into the lakes now. I seen on the news where some guy over south and west of me caught a big carp is his front yard.
Posts: 275 | From: Oklahoma | Registered: Feb 2013  |  IP: Logged
Grizz
Member # 4626

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2015 06:38 AM      Profile for Grizz           Edit/Delete Post 
Moe Grizz here.
I was a member of Coast Chapter CSVCA from 1980 until the CSVCA folded in the late 1990s. I served as State Association President in 1994 and 95. Not certain that I know you, knowing your real name would help. I guess this site doe not offer the PM option. Anyway I'm off for four glorious days of fishing up in the Eastern Sierras. Regards, Rick Jahahn. Hey Leonard!

--------------------
I don't hunt with the pack.

Posts: 95 | From: So Cal | Registered: May 2015  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted May 28, 2015 06:39 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
If they don't get this GLOBAL WARMING shit straightened out, this is the last time I'm voting for a Democrat! It can't be that hard?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2015 07:57 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, well wait 'til Gov. Moonbeam figures out how to tax the water evaporation from your pool.

C'mon.......you know it's coming; kind of a BOHICA thing.

[Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2015 08:35 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
$165.00 fine if they catch you filling your pool in my area, which nobody cares about cause its hot! Ill pay that.
Studies on the other hand, say that having a pool SAVES water, over keeping a backyard full of grass alive.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2015 09:31 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Lone Howl, are you sure you have that right?

I know they said something about, if you drain your pool, you cannot fill it up again? And, I think, if you have a pool built, you cannot fill it, which makes zero sense?

But, maintaining the water level? They cannot be serious?

What I have been hearing is they want a total reduction, however you decide to accomplish it? Maybe you decide to only flush on #2, or only shower on Saturday nite.

This dictatorial bullshit is becoming annoying.

Good hunting. El Bee

[ May 28, 2015, 09:32 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2015 09:53 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Man... You guys deserve a break.

Had some minor flooding a few blocks from my house this morning. Just a few basements getting wet, from what I saw. Hardest rain I think I've ever seen at our house in the ten years we've lived here this morning. Not a big deal. Fun to drive through.

But if I'm getting sick and tired of the rain, and I am, I can't imagine how tired of it you guys must be getting by now.

The fishing comments reminded me of the last real flood we had in these parts, in '83. Some friends and I got ourselves on the TV news, catching fish in the middle of the street in downtown Salt Lake City. The streets turned into big enough rivers, long enough, they actually built temporary bridges over them so people could get around from one side of town to the other.

- DAA

--------------------

Lone Howl
Free Trial Platinum Member & part-time language police
Member # 29

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2015 11:05 AM      Profile for Lone Howl   Email Lone Howl         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmmm..Probly wrong? Maybe some clever dis-information being spread around?
Will have to verify.
Mark

--------------------
When tyranny becomes law, rebellion becomes duty.

Posts: 2083 | From: Texas | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted May 28, 2015 12:19 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
Our drinking water lake was at 26% capacity. Now at alittle off 100%.
I am still con-ser-vat-ing....went outside to pee in the rain the last two evenings...

edit to add no complaints here. Its nothing short of a miracle. Rain and work has sure cut down on me running the dogs this spring. I got 3 I need to be working. Maybe it will dry a bit in June.

[ May 28, 2015, 12:29 PM: Message edited by: Kelly Jackson ]

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
knockemdown
Our staff photo editing Guru, par excellence
Member # 3588

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2015 06:07 AM      Profile for knockemdown   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
You kalifornikans need to start pissin' in your sink, instead of that toilet bowl. Its for your own good!

Cat Daddy, quit making excuses! Get them pups suited up proper, and get after it!!!
 -

Posts: 2202 | From: behind fascist lines | Registered: Mar 2010  |  IP: Logged
Moe
Member # 4494

Icon 1 posted May 29, 2015 06:52 AM      Profile for Moe           Edit/Delete Post 
Grizz.....No, you don't know me. I left California and the CSVCA for Alaska in 1974. Except for a stint working in SE Asia in 1967 and part of '68 I was a very active member of the CVCA as it was called then.

Over the years I had occasion tot talk to Don Carper from Cole's in Inglewood but I really didn't keep abreast with the club after I left. Carper and some friends used to fly up to Juneau in a private plane each summer to fish.

I was in the eastern Sierra fishing a couple of weeks ago. I hope you have better luck than we did. Too windy and cold on the high lakes and the streams were fished out from the opening weekend hoards. There wasn't going to be another stocking until after we left. When we got home we went to a lake up in the coast range here and caught a bunch. We fly fish and catch and release.

Last Spring we hit it just right in California. We caught fish almost everywhere. Some nice browns, too.

[ May 29, 2015, 06:59 AM: Message edited by: Moe ]

--------------------
I snatch kisses. And vice versa.

Posts: 593 | From: Oregon | Registered: Nov 2013  |  IP: Logged
trapper2
Member # 3651

Icon 1 posted May 31, 2015 05:59 AM      Profile for trapper2           Edit/Delete Post 
hey kelly, talking about dogs I got one I will give some one if they want it, I got to many and some one on one and I don't have the time, 8 month old female

--------------------

Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted June 01, 2015 12:03 PM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
Ryan - I'm dog poor, but will ask around.
kj

Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters