The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Member forum   » Resurgence of the Tomahawk (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Resurgence of the Tomahawk
cornstalker
PACKS AROUND WAY TOO MUCH SHIT, AND ADMITS IT
Member # 4593

Icon 1 posted April 24, 2015 10:19 AM      Profile for cornstalker           Edit/Delete Post 
POKEY!!!!

Love that dog.

Darby, I guess you had better buy one of Zombie-hawks and let me know if it's worth it. [Smile]

Mark, I had not thought of the uses that you mentioned in Iraq. It sure would be better than busting the extension tube off your AR (on edit: M4)butt stroking a car window.

[ April 24, 2015, 12:02 PM: Message edited by: cornstalker ]

Posts: 35 | From: Colorado | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged
Fur_n_Dirt
So. Ariz. Zone Tech. Expert
Member # 4467

Icon 1 posted April 24, 2015 10:22 AM      Profile for Fur_n_Dirt   Email Fur_n_Dirt         Edit/Delete Post 
If I carried that thing, I would feel like a badass!

--------------------
--- It's all simple if you know what you are doing ---

Posts: 437 | From: Tucson | Registered: Sep 2013  |  IP: Logged
Kelly Jackson
SECOND PLACE/GARTH BROOKS LOOK-A-LIKE CONTEST
Member # 977

Icon 1 posted April 24, 2015 10:41 AM      Profile for Kelly Jackson   Email Kelly Jackson         Edit/Delete Post 
that tommy hawk would look cool stickin out of a couple folks foreheads. lol I been watching Vikings on the history channel toooo much. Carry on.
Posts: 997 | From: Comanche OK | Registered: Oct 2006  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted April 24, 2015 12:00 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
Never butt stroke anything with an AR, that's what those mid evil muzzle devices are for, of course a bayonet would send a chill down someone's spine if it were coming at you...
Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 24, 2015 12:16 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
The black attitude has always been, doesn't matter if you can do it, just walk the walk, and look cool doing it. I have only been around them in the military, and that was a long time ago, but judging by what I see on TV, nothing's changed.

I also understand that anytime you might say anything critical, you run the risk of being called racist. That's always the first and last line of defense.

I wish them well and hope they learn values, etc. When I see people like Allan West or Ben Carson, people that have accomplished something without the BS, I have nothing but admiration. But, this ghetto stuff is really getting old.

Now, what the hell provoked these comments? Folks in the middle east respecting someone wearing a tomahawk, really bad ass stuff. But actually meaningless, in terms of ability to defend and administer retribution. Talking shit can take you a long ways but always be careful lipping off to the quiet ones.

Actually, there is little to no hope for a certain segment. Sure, the Liberals can throw a lot more of our money at them but will the recipients become legitimate? Who's the guy that writes for National Review? Can't think of him at the moment, but what an intellect. I would be proud to have him for a neighbor and a friend.

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: This is who I was thinking of. Never read a single article of his that I disagreed with.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_Sowell

[ April 24, 2015, 12:24 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Cdog911
"There are some ideas so absurd only an intellectual could believe them."--George Orwell.
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted April 24, 2015 03:02 PM      Profile for Cdog911   Author's Homepage   Email Cdog911         Edit/Delete Post 
"When you get right down to it, they are very heavy"

I think you and I are on different knives. The SOGfari Kukri weighs in at a whopping 15 ounces, not even a pound. You can shave with this thing. The angle of the blade lends itself to doing some great work when stripping brush. I can only presume it would play hell on someone's neck, throat, or any extremity of their choosing if push comes to shove, but fortunately, have not had a reason to test that opinion just yet. Here is the SOG Kukri. I paid $20 for it. Was looking for a machete-type knife that was short, easy to manipulate, and utilitarian. Aesthetics and too cool for school weren't on my list of considerations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PANzcrMzdOc

--------------------
I am only one. But still, I am one. I cannot do everything, but still, I can do something; and, because I cannot do everything, I will not refuse to do something that I can do.

Posts: 5438 | From: The gun-lovin', gun-friendly wild, wild west | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DarbinCo
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4590

Icon 1 posted April 24, 2015 08:20 PM      Profile for DarbinCo   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Those Kukri blades have a long and storied history. Here's just a sampling of info on them.

http://www.ayo-gorkhali.org/en/gurkhas/the-kukri

I have a friend that's got one, dam handy tool. The chopping power is incredible, they would take a head clean off.

Posts: 16 | From: Western Colorado | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2015 07:19 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
As far as the comment about weight, I was thinking of the traditional kukuri, not the specific one you mentioned. I agree, it's a good price for what it is. Still, a lot of drama in a blade like that, besides what you can do with it.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
cornstalker
PACKS AROUND WAY TOO MUCH SHIT, AND ADMITS IT
Member # 4593

Icon 1 posted April 25, 2015 05:58 PM      Profile for cornstalker           Edit/Delete Post 
Great!! Now I want one of those too!! [Razz]
Posts: 35 | From: Colorado | Registered: Mar 2015  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters