The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Optics forum   » Check this shit out... (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Check this shit out...
DAA
Utah/Promoted WESTERN REGIONAL Hunt Director
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2016 08:16 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
You must be thinking of someone else Leonard.

I do own more Leopold, JFC, spell check on this Mac just pisses me off. Changes the correct spelling of Leopold to the wrong one every time no matter how many times I retype it. I do know how it's spelled and how to pronounce it...

Anyway... I DO own more Leu-pold than all others combined. And over all, consider them an good compromise of weight, durability, optics and mechanicals. Most of my rifles do wear them. But, it's kind of a love hate thing and I'd never count myself a "Leu-pold guy".

But hell, I've had Nightforce scopes for 20 years? Taint nothing new.

B- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

Rocky Mountain Varmint Hunter

Posts: 2676 | From: Salt Lake City, UT | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2016 08:56 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm? I use a MacBook Pro, and I never noticed the spellchecker insubordinately changing Leupold? Yes, it claims it is mispelled, but I think you need to change something in your edit feature and change the "correct spelling and grammar automatic", uncheck the last box.

Anyway, Never had much to do with Nightforce, always considered them, heavy, long and overpriced, but good quality. for sure.

But, how's the customer service? That's where Leupold excells, or if it has degraded, I have no recent knowledge? I sent in a scope maybe 3-4 years ago, returned like always. Dropped it, and it was my sling that failed, the scope just took the fall.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31496 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2016 10:11 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
Not a clue on NF service. Never had any reason to find out.

- DAA

--------------------
"Oh yeah, they're gonna talk to you, and talk to you, and talk to you about individual freedom, but they see a free individual, it's gonna scare 'em." -- George Hanson, Easy Rider, 1969.

DAA
Member # 11

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2016 10:14 AM      Profile for DAA   Author's Homepage   Email DAA         Edit/Delete Post 
While on the subject... Had to send one Nikon back. When after four months of zero communication it finally arrived back, it was fine. But, that one experience, with my first Nikon, was enough to assure I'd never own another one.

Had good service with Burris, as good as Leopold. That was many years ago though.

- DAA

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 12, 2016 10:33 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
As you know, customer service is a big deal. Never owned a Nikon, but my uncle, the camera buff thinks they are way better than Canon. I disagree.

I own one Burris, it's a 6X24 that I thought would be great for chucks and squirrels. It has sat on a shelf, unmounted for probably ten years?

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: same with Kahles service: never had reason to find out?

[ May 12, 2016, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31496 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters