The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » Western movies

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Western movies
Dan
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4563

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2023 10:56 AM      Profile for Dan   Email Dan         Edit/Delete Post 
I've never seen a coyote in a western movie. Seen a lot of Indians, horses and hero's. The coyotes should be having some babies about now or so. All the wanna-be's will have something to kill in a few months.
Posts: 41 | From: AZ | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 08, 2023 06:05 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I'm thinking and so far I can't say that I remember seeing any coyotes? However, historically, at least, the Prairie Wolf had a somewhat restricted range compared to present. I seem to consider them as associated with the range of the buffalo, so that would leave out California and Minnesota and Louisiana and pretty much nowhere on the other side of the Mississippi river, because it's too far to swim but they eventually could walk across a bridge.

I think the coyote may have expanded his range at the expense of the extermination of the wolf in about the 19th century. So the coyote became the apex predator eventually and now it appears that he is in Mexico and Canada, I'm not sure if they are in Alaska, but within the lower 48 I guess they are in every on, to some extent or another? A true success story, I'd say; for the SURVIVOR.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31449 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 09, 2023 11:40 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Seen coyotes in 3-4 westerns but don't recall the name of them.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5062 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters