The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » Prices are insane!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Prices are insane!
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 05, 2023 03:17 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I got a new catalogue from Natchez a day or two ago. Things are really getting out of hand, never mind that they don't even mention primers, which is where the whole process starts.

First, just to "prime" you:
Weatherby 300 Weatherby Magnum
20 rounds 180gr. $97.99

Okay, just a few

1 pound IMR4831 $49.29

1 pound Alliant Reloader #19 $53.49

1 pound Hodgdon Varget $48.79

Nosler premium brass 280Ackley Imp. 50/box $100.49

Nosler premium brass 300 Win Mag 50/box $104.99

Lapua 22-250Rem. 100/ct $115.49

So you get the idea. These prices are eye watering!

6mm .243" 105gr VLD Target 100/box $224.49

Is this a result of COVID or something?

Accuracy handloading has become as expensive as buying US 20 Dollar gold $2,170.73

[ March 05, 2023, 03:20 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2023 04:55 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
check with Brownells if they have anything you need.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2023 07:12 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Ya gotta wonder how much of that cost is just to cover liability insurance in case some dumb-ass does a shooting and the victim's attorney sues the guy who made / sold bullets, firearms etc.

On the other hand, my son-in-law has mentioned the cost of a round of golf on nothing more than a public course. $$$$
Private clubs are over the moon expensive.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dan
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4563

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2023 09:56 AM      Profile for Dan   Email Dan         Edit/Delete Post 
The wheels of progress are greased by OIL. The idiot in the WH has declared war on oil and as such on the US dollar indirectly. The US dollar has dropped 31.5% in the last 20 years.
The cost of producing goods here has risen 55%. The 401K plans have fallen 37% in the last 3 years based on the stock market reports.

The greater problem is those prices will never fall more than 10% when things get better.

The nickle Coke when I was a kid now costs $1.50 or more. Where does it end? Maybe when a Coke costs $975.00, when a Hundred dollar bill is the new One dollar bill? Or when the Chinese whip our ass because the fuckin democrats hate the military.

Posts: 41 | From: AZ | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2023 01:40 PM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
I just heard yesterday that the ATF wants to classify powder etc as explosives. Where will that infringement on my civil liberties go?
Knock out our fuel reserves, create termiol and kayos[sp] in libtard cities and the idiots will demand the government come in and fix things and then turn our Republic into a democracy and the masses of ignorant brain dead assholes will take over. Maybe in my lifetime maybe not but that new world order is alive and well and trying to destroy us as fast as they can.

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2023 10:32 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Well, the think is, Walt, the issue has been specifieda hundred fucking years ago. Smokeless powders is a goddamned PROPELLANT, you commie assholes at ATF!

Good hunting. El Bee 🐝

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2023 10:35 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
PS Dan. I can think of a hell of a lot of things that used to cost a nickel, when I was a kid

Edit: for instance, every single candy bar you care to name was a NICKLE except maybe a Mars bar that was a dime. I used to get a whole tube of BB’s for a nickel. Seems like White Castle hamburger was 6cents. When I first started driving, gas was about 25 cents a freaking gallon! 1957

I bought a brand new Datsun1969 pick up for $1,830.

edit: hmm? what else was a nickel? How do you spell "nickle"? IDK?

[ March 07, 2023, 10:34 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters