The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » Predator hunting forums

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Predator hunting forums
Dan
Knows what it's all about
Member # 4563

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2023 06:12 AM      Profile for Dan   Email Dan         Edit/Delete Post 
What has caused the demise of these forums, maybe the lack of interest? Naw, its Trumps fault.
Posts: 41 | From: AZ | Registered: Nov 2014  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2023 11:05 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Glad you asked!

I've thought about it at length. It's that little prick Zuckerberg. Notice how all the photo hosting sites went tits up? Any that are left are charging a fee.

Anyway, everybody is happy yapping on Facebook and everything else has become redundant while Zuckerberg is making Billions$ and manipulating elections.

For instance. My daughter, who lives in San Rafael, north of San Francisco. She texts me and says, I heard that you had a coyote in your front yard this morning! I respond, "Oh, I wasn't aware." Second question: "how did you know?" And she said; "Jean, across the street posted a picture of it on Facebook."

There ya go!

Now, maybe some of Jean's friends didn't know who's property across the street that the coyote was in, but my daughter did!

And, presto! Up and back down, a thousand miles as the crow flies but thousands bounced up to space and back down for me to be aware of a coyote out front; broad daylight, 8am.

So, all these pussies quit posting on hunting boards and instead, joined the wemman folk posting stupid shit on facebook because everything that ever needed to be said about hunting coyotes had already been said 20 years ago and the answer is, NO, A 223 IS NOT ENOUGH GUN FOR COYOTES!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Dan
Member # 4563

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2023 11:41 AM      Profile for Dan   Email Dan         Edit/Delete Post 
I have some trash in my front yard.

A while back an illegal meskin came by and asked if I would pay him to clean it up, I said sure but leave all the McDonald's hamburger wrappers as they were bait.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted March 02, 2023 11:54 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I can think of several questions in response to that curious post; or stay on topic....

<shrug>

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2023 12:16 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Yep face book it is. Many of the self-proclaimed experts got tired of being verbally beat up as well as the noobs that wouldn't listen. So many of them started their own page on Facebook but didn't last there either and over years' time most just faded away. Some also just resorted to U-tube like Mule team six.
I still moderate/own 4-5 groups that were given to me and they still going. My groups all have to do with coyote dogs, breeding and sales and dog transporting and equipment sales etc.
I'm a member of Minnesota coyote hunting forum and that's it. Nice thing about Facebook is its pretty simple to post pictures and don't have to have a hosting site to do it and you can also do a check on anyone that's wants to join a group so you can weed out the crap pretty easy, mostly basic info and nothing private. On face book you can also lock people out from seeing much of your stuff if you don't want them to see it. I don't have anything to hide. LOL My sites are also pretty clean and don't have any of the anti's trying to bust my balls like some of the other sites. [Big Grin]
Also, it's nice to be able to keep in contact with friends from all over the country as well as family.

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2023 12:19 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
P.S. The day those balloons got shot down did anyone have issues with their cell phones or computers? Nothing is safe or private!

--------------------

Dan
Member # 4563

Icon 1 posted March 02, 2023 01:23 PM      Profile for Dan   Email Dan         Edit/Delete Post 
My left eye was starting to swell as was my right thumb, the day before they wasted a high dollar missile shooting down a damn balloon.
NVWalt
Does not claim to be overly bright!
Member # 375

Icon 1 posted March 03, 2023 04:57 AM      Profile for NVWalt           Edit/Delete Post 
Hobbies come and go with people. Not a lot of people looking to take up the effort involved to be even reasonably successful at this sport of ours. And then there the old farts like me that just go out on nice days and sunshine and don't really care if I kill a coyote,oops I meant HARVEST ha ha.
Also we move and for me the change of scenery is pretty dramatic and we just lose interest.
Leonard, have you tried the new 223 Creedbore super magnum? 50 fps faster than a hopped up 223 and should just knock the Holy crap right out of ol Wiley... Just asking for a friend .

--------------------
Support Communism and help destroy the United States of America ! VOTE DEMOCRAT. "In the end, they aren't coming after me. They are coming after you!" D.Trump

Posts: 636 | From: Tellico Plains, TN | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 03, 2023 06:01 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
I blame FoxPro.
A whole lot of coyotes have heard the song and escaped poor set-ups and became educated. In a lot of areas it's tough to call in numbers without putting in a lot of work. Some places, the best way to spook a coyote is to run a caller.
As success dwindles so does interest. Add in the poor fur market and urbane sprawl & participation is bound to drop.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted March 03, 2023 12:20 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As success dwindles so does interest. Add in the poor fur market and urban sprawl & participation is bound to drop.
I hear you Koko but that's just a dream. With the use of thermal now it has just added more fuel to the fire.
Some do quit but there are always others that show up every year to take their place. Educated coyotes don't last long here so I can't blame fox pro. What I found out you can call in the same coyotes 3-4 times a season if you don't mag. dump on them and try to keep it to just one shot if any.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2023 08:49 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Another "Hobby" situation I have heard of is the Archery enthusiasm. The fad seems to be of a 5 year duration, and then the bow is stacked in the closet, thereafter, except for diehards....and many of them go retro. Right ko ko?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2023 09:17 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Yup !!!
I gotta admit that I take perverse pleasure in outshooting somebody using a $$$ bow with one of my retro classics.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dan
Member # 4563

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2023 09:59 AM      Profile for Dan   Email Dan         Edit/Delete Post 
Predator sites are like growing up when you're a kid. It takes time to make the finish product.

I took great pleasure in pissing off the dumb ass posters that said something I didn't like or agree with. I'm relatively sure some of them just left the site never to return.

Then you have the asshole administrators like redfrog that the membership hated. Who by the way was ousted. That place is down to almost nothing, ready to close up shop.

More than a few knowledgeable posters, just got tired of the same old shit and moved on. I went for years without posting on these sites, without withdrawal. I can say I was elated to see PM about to shut down.

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted March 04, 2023 07:27 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting commentary, Mr Dan.

I can tell you and the rest of the Peanut Gallery that I have no idea what's going on with PM. If Redfrog is gone or out, I had heard some speculation, but never cared enough to check in to it?

But, the whole thing was built around a monetary incentive. Exactly when I bailed out of administrating that site, it was because the business angle made me sick, I wanted no part of it and it turned out, the fucking Star Chamber wanted nothing to do with me either, and they voted me out of administrator. I didn't give a damn, except at the sneaky & chickenshit way they did it.

edit: I had a problem with the whole "committee" concept in the first place and it looks like it still sucks!

If they are going under, I don't know and could care less, but PMS has never been a benefit to the whole concept of predator hunting so they won't be missed. Hell, I quit worrying about those assholes 18 years ago. I can't even decide if it's good or bad for the whole genre?

In fact, I'm coming up for renewal in 30 days and I'm not even sure what I want to do with this thankless and unneeded "job". And, I know, who gives a shit, anyway?

Good hunting. El Bee

[ March 04, 2023, 07:32 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dan
Member # 4563

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2023 09:37 AM      Profile for Dan   Email Dan         Edit/Delete Post 
It would be a damn shame to not renew the site. Its been here forever and outlasted almost all the others. I would like to see it moving right along when PM closes its doors.
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted March 06, 2023 11:46 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
^^^^^
What that Dan fellow said.

--------------------

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters