The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » Sticker Shock

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sticker Shock
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2023 06:20 AM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Wow.3" dead coyote is $76.00 for a box of 10.
I don't use shotguns a lot but I do like scatter guns in heavy cover.

https://www.opticsplanet.com/hevi-shot-dead-coyote-shotgun-ammunition.html

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2023 07:06 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
A few years ago I got a 'deal' on a case of 3" copper plated lead BB at about a buck a shell. It works well.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2023 09:20 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe I have a box of that 3" copper plated BB's? Mine are Federal's, prob. more than 10 years old? They do the job.

That damned DEAD COYOTE shit, yes, I believe it's $eight bucks a shot! I have a box of 3 1/2" missing one shell. As I recall, the recoil is brutal. Elephant gun category.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31459 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2023 09:26 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
But let's not get into the damned weeds on this issue. The best, most reliable coyote medicine I've used is 3" #4 Buck....period!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2023 09:44 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I googled Dead Coyote Heavy Shot and the 3 1/2" box of ten was listed at $102.99. That's starting to get crazy?

Dead coyote, my ass! That shit had better be 100% reliable on friggin' Grizzly!

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: http://www.prairiewinddecoys.com/p/1248/hevi-shot-dead-coyote-12ga-t-shot-by-environ-metal-ammo

[ February 20, 2023, 09:46 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2023 10:17 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
It's a sad day when one putting up fur loses money just by shooting a coyote that's pelt is worth less than the cost of the shell.

[Confused] [Confused] [Confused]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7579 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Aznative
FARTS ON CLUELESS LIBERALS
Member # 506

Icon 1 posted February 20, 2023 01:27 PM      Profile for Aznative           Edit/Delete Post 
Amen Koko!

--------------------
Never thought the devil would need a teleprompter but I could be wrong.

United State of America: RIP
Born July 4th 1776 died November 6th 2012

Posts: 1924 | From: Phoenix Az | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged
Knows what it's all about
Member # 3918

Icon 1 posted February 21, 2023 08:57 AM      Profile for www           Edit/Delete Post 
I have five boxes of dead coyote I got in a trade years ago. I've never fired any of them.

Funny thing is, of the five boxes only one shell had been fired by the guy I got them from. I've tried to sell them at our annual yard sale but no one seems interested.
Wonder why

Posts: 191 | From: Wyoming | Registered: Sep 2011  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 22, 2023 05:06 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you are a bit too greedy?

No, actually, DEAD COYOTE ain't worth ten bucks a shell. I forget what I paid for the box I have but I guess it might have been closer to thirty bucks or so, so yes, I've had them for quite a while.

And, I'm not a pussy to recoil, but they just kick too fucking hard to suit me. That, and the fact that I can't see where #4 Buck doesn't kill GOOD ENOUGH, so that's my cheap-ass attitude.

Now, maybe if you want to shoot coyotes at 50+ yards, then DEAD COYOTE might be useful? But, I try to stay inside 40 yards, and only fling lead beyond that chasing a cripple, or maybe trying to score a triple?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters