The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » not a joke

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: not a joke
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 13, 2022 10:10 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
getting out of hand!

Unis Ginex Small Pistol Primers - CASE OF 5,000 PRIMERS
UNISPISTOLx5
$650.00

1 available

edit: Bruno

[ May 13, 2022, 10:11 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31451 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 6 posted May 15, 2022 12:26 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I feel kinda stupid. I just ordered 1,000 primers on line for $129. I feel pretty militant about that fucking hazmat fee! Oh well, it's not my money, it's a gift card.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2022 06:34 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
STILL WAITING! Those gold plated primers must be on a slow boat from China?

I asked a question before, about primers coming on the market that I've never heard of. Foreign made and some kind of Mil Spec or military standard primers? What the hell are they? Is Military surplus ammo loaded with special military grade primers?

You tell me, because I always thought the military used standard Federal and Winchester and CCI primers? What is military grade primers? When and how did they come out of the woodwork?

And, while trash talking. I'm blaming Victor for small pistol primer shortages! [Razz]

While he is banging away, and being subsidized with extra good prices, I've been searching and searching and have to buy magnum primers at twice the price.

Shame!

No, I'm kidding, I'm kidding! We know how sensitive he is; I'm just teasing....but can you spare a thousand for a friend? Just asking?

Good hunting. El Bee

PS I'm kidding [Smile]

PPS I wish I could justify buying $250 worth of those fancy black cherry cast bullets! Last week it required a $300 order for a 10% discount. I got an email yesterday that dropped the threshold to $250 but that's still too rich for my blood. I can't even imagine the shipping cost on $250 worth of lead bullets? I'm scared to hazard guess?

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 19, 2022 11:05 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
A wise man once said;

Money you enjoy wasting,
is not a waste of money.

[Cool] [Cool] [Cool]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7577 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2022 06:47 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
That's a good one! Too bad I never had it to deploy in defense against my wife, now dearly departed.

But, she knew I was good at wasting money on shit. Her simple question: "why do you need another gun?"

I never had a satisfactory response. What can you say? When the baby needs milk, there are priorities. So I'm told?

That's one thing I don't have to deal wit; GUILT. But now there is no one to tell me; hey dude, you've gone overboard! If you've got a wife, take care of her!

Like with my daughter. She's got something I've never even heard of!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2022 07:05 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Now I'm gonna have to trudge out to the shop and count my bows.
I may have more bows than you have rifles.

[Eek!] [Eek!] [Eek!]

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7577 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2022 08:43 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
was in store other day pistol ammo showing up. 23-29 per box depending on your flavor

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted May 20, 2022 05:37 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
There's usually more ammo available at the local swap meet than at Wally World.

Counted the bows. I only have 11. I've sold a few lately, though.
Neat thing about my collection of bows; 9 of them are the same draw weight so my arrows are interchangeable from one bow to another. Much simpler than having a whole bunch of different sized shafts.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 21, 2022 04:18 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
You are a good Boy, ko ko! I feel like my wife asking the question, why so many bows? Even if you can use the same arrows. Not that you must have a reason.

But, at least I can say I need a precision target rifle and alight walking around predator rifle and a general purpose hog and deer rifle and a mountain rifle for bigger game like elk, and then I need that old crusty AR15 for self defense and home invasions, and then I need a squirrel and rabbit rimfire rifle, but....

Once you say that you need a bow for targets and another bow for small game and maybe a big game bow; after that what's the purpose for the other 8?

Now getting around to what Tim mentioned, that he can buy a box of cartridges for 22-28 bucks and once I'm paying $129 for primers and powder costs 35-40 dollars and a hundred bullets are another 30-35 dollars....It does not sound like there is much incentive to buy the components and to handload, also considering that your time is worth something?

Well, I haven' quite figured it out, exactly what my handloads cost me, BUT the question is: I can deal with my own stuff, own brass and load to whatever specs I want. Whereas, he is at the mercy of what's on the shelf at Uncle Melvin's Gun Shop.

One thing I have discovered, BIG TIME, is that I have lots of availability on my Smith & Wesson Shield in 40S&W. Because everybody has 357 and 45 and especially 9mm, so a lot of availability on the shelf for 40S&W. I have no prouble at all, finding all kinds of factory stuff in 40S&W.

Also, while I have been searching high and low for 44Magnum, and damned near everything else is out of stock, I can buy whatever my little heart desires in the 40 chambering. It doesn't work that way for other uncommon cartridges, like the 32ACP Winchester SilverTip. Those damned things are listed at $85 a box of 50, but this is the recommended cartridge for my Seecamp, and the other one I can't find is a 60 grain HP by PMC. My consumption verges on zero, and I have a half a box of SilverTips, but it would be kinda nice to have a couple spare boxes....and I do not have any spare boxes. It's a nitche cartridge verging on obsolescence. That tells me even more that I should have a couple boxes salted away.

Anyway, I hope the supply and demand situation evens out soon; until next time. And, there will be a next time, count on it. The thing we can't do anything about, as handloaders, is rimfires. So they got ya, with rimfires and primers for centerfires.

I was just thinking about something the other day. What is the difference between "large rifle" and "large pistol"? I always heard that it involves the cup metal, thinner cups on pistol because of a weaker firing pin strike? The rifle has a stronger fall of the firing pin and a thicker gauge cup metal. Same with small rifle and small pistol, the rifle primers have a thicker cup metal.

Of course, so caller magnum primers have amore violent discharge to ignite extra volume of powder.

So, the question that would come up if availability dries up; in a pinch, is there some times when we can substitute a rifle primer, and if it will ignite in a particular handgun, then use it if you have no other choice. Tell me where I'm wrong?

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted May 24, 2022 08:49 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
My precious CCI primers arrived yesterday afternoon, in a box that could easily hold two gallons of milk. This little box of a thousand primers is about the size of a pound of sharp cheddar, and it needed a yard of bubble wrap protecting it from exploding!

No doubt about it, primers are the ultimate Achilles heel. There are work-arounds when it comes to bullets and powders, but primers is the component that stops us dead, after loaded ammunition becomes unavailable, as it is here in The People's Republik.

Of course, I was kicking myself for only buying a thousand primers, because the HazNat fee would be the same for two boxes. But, the price was so high I just couldn't justify spending $250. The inflated price is actually scandalous and what with bullets being scarce and selection very limited, & powder being at what must be a historic high, the bastards really have us by the short hairs. And do not forget about the situation here in The Land of the Fruits and the Nuts, that we cannot buy ammo mail order and you see what's coming your way, eventually. All bad trends start here in LaLa Land.

I know it sounds unbelievable, but imagine Democrats passing a law up in Alaska-no mail order ammunition sales! I realize that nobody gives a shit what happens in Kalifornia, or they probably chuckle that we deserve it; I get it!

Wouldn't you think that all these outrageous laws in this state would, or SHOULD be found to be unconstitutional? Everybody else can buy all the ammo they want but those slimy bastards have made mail order ammunition completely illegal here, in this state!

And, as I have said before, I read all the GUN RAGS, and all they talk about is the very newest models and I get very upset knowing that the Democrats are hard at work making sure that I can't get my hands on all those concealable mini hideout pistols with a high capacity, 15-17 rounds and the most I can get my hands on here is fucking 10 rounds! aThe cops have 17 and the crooks have 17 but honest citizens are restricted to no more than 10+1.

you guys should feel sorry for me. We can't buy any handgun made since 1979, or something? You would think the Supreme Court would throw out our stupid unconstitutional law that any new handgun must be capable of microstamping so that they can solve crimes by running the empty brass I leave lying about the crime scene. Yup, all they need is an empty cartridge case and they will know immediately; I did it, and send the SWAT team at 3A.M.

Well, thanks for listening and providing a shoulder to cry on!

Good hunting. El Bee

[ May 24, 2022, 08:50 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters