The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Firearms forum   » Nothing is available

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nothing is available
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 11, 2021 11:27 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Even if I'm not picky, even if I'm desperate, here in The People's Republik, you cannot buy a firearm and you cannot buy ammunition!

It's not available. It's dried up. What there was has been snapped up and there seems to be nothing in the pipeline.

Therefore, it's effectively GUN CONTROL 2021

As usual, it's heading your way.

This is where those of you that do not handload had better start thinking about it!

And, I'm not even looking at rifle ammo. I don't buy factory rifle ammunition, none of my rifles have ever seen a factory cartridge except rimfires.

But, with autoloading handguns, they get flipped in the weeds and without a Dillon, it's a little tedious, to reload what you can find, on a single stage press. My shooting does not justify a progressive press just for pistol ammo. Unless somebody needs to get rid of a used machine at an attractive price?

So, this clusterfuck is headed your way, just like rainy weather. Be on the lookout. Anti's never sleep!

Good hunting. El Bee

[ January 11, 2021, 11:30 AM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31465 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
earthwalker
Cultural Editor & middleweight arm wrestling champion/Intermountain Region
Member # 4177

Icon 1 posted January 12, 2021 01:01 PM      Profile for earthwalker           Edit/Delete Post 
It's already here. Everyone and anyone is buying even those passing through. All stores locally are almost bare.

--------------------
another long hot smoky summer coming

Posts: 1105 | From: Intermountain region | Registered: Jul 2012  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 27, 2021 02:12 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
This is really outrageous! They have dried up the pipeline so all those people standing in line to get inside the gun store are desperate and willing to buy ANYTHING!

This bullshit “safety testing” is the final bottleneck in approving all the new models being offered for sale. Sure, I can read about them, all the positive reviews in the gun mags, but when you ask, it’s like they don’t know what you are talking about. It’s like The People’s Republic is stuck in the 19th century! Maybe I mentioned calling Springfield about ordering a 16 round magazine for my XD? Oh, we can’t send those to CA! They are apparently too dangerous for civilians?

It’s crap like that! The Democrats are laughing themselves silly about how they are fucking over all the gun nuts that want to defend themselves with the best and the latest gear. Ha Ha! It’s so funny! They can make a mockery of laws and regulations and keep us dangerously UNARMED!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted January 27, 2021 03:35 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
So look into black powder cap & ball.
A lot less restrictions and as I recall some history that hasn't been canceled (yet) old school worked well for Hickok & Hardin.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 27, 2021 05:51 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
So, go retro?

You don't understand. I am very well armed. Which is beside the point. It doesn't matter, they are screwing with my constitutional rights!

Black powder is a road block for the new shooter that needs self protection. It's intimidating. As a last resort, go with nail gun blanks and pellets. That seems a little easier.

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

ATexan
Knows what it's all about
Member # 6799

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2021 01:25 PM      Profile for ATexan   Email ATexan         Edit/Delete Post 
Check out ammoseek.com This is the place I am getting ammo from. Wholesale baby!
Seems there was over 22 million background checks for firearm sales last year... Some where around 6 million new gun owners last year alone. -Tex

Posts: 112 | From: Texas | Registered: Mar 2018  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted January 28, 2021 03:54 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
These bastards have made it illegal to mail order either firearms or ammunition to an address in the state of California.

You know, of course, I was jumping all over that option until the totally Democrat legislature decided it was too dangerous to allow someone to mail order dangerous stuff from out of state! Meanwhile, there is something clogging the ammunition pipeline into this state. I don't know if they have regulated the suppliers and discouraged them, or how? but it is a fact that there is no ammunition in stock, on the shelves (apparently) anywhere in this state.

Just between you and me, I do have probably at least a ten year supply of all handgun calibers that I own and quite a bit more than that of components for rifle, and I don't think there is any restrictions on components so if I was short, (which I am not) I could replenish stocks on primers and powder and bullets. I think I have 20 thousand Federal 210 match primers alone, and plenty enough pistol and small rifle primers. I'm sitting pretty good on powders I use, so what I'm squawking about is the principle, the complete rudeness of how they have restricted my access.

Yes, I am prepared so I'm probably in better shape than 99% of the users out there, so why worry, right? I worry because they are fucking with my rights!

Yes, I am actually hoarding, perhaps depriving somebody else from buying a couple boxes for their thutty-thutty. Well, if push comes to shove, I can custom load for those guys that really need it....except, I don't actually have 30/30 dies but can acquire them pretty quickly. (I think?)

Good hunting. El Bee

[ January 28, 2021, 03:57 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2021 07:15 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
I have plenty of thutty-thutty loaded LB I can spot ya my dies for awhile if needed. lol

I contacted a local Henry gold star dealer not a box store BTW I have an interest in a Henry single shot rifle. He says everything is backordered for the year already.

I could use some .243 dies if anybody has some ?

[ February 06, 2021, 07:16 AM: Message edited by: Dave Allen ]

Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2021 09:57 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Just got a 20 round box of 30-30 / 150 grain at the swap meet for $18.00. Don't really need 'em but you never know ...............

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7582 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dave Allen
Hi, I'm SUPER DAVE, IN CHARGE OF Q STUFF (and Goat Leader) "I'm really not trying to be a dick".
Member # 3102

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2021 11:07 AM      Profile for Dave Allen           Edit/Delete Post 
Koko do you do the black powder thing ? I know nothing about it.
Posts: 1986 | From: Jordan Valley Oregon | Registered: Aug 2008  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2021 11:09 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know what it is, but I have always had strong opinions about certain cartridge calibers. I always thought a 30'06 was boring, that is until the 308 came along. Who needs a short, less powerful thirty caliber cartridge? Kinda retro? Ordinary.

Then you have that pipsqueak 30/30 most likely in a Model '94, something that literally went out with high buttoned shoes. Compared to the mystique of a 300 Weatherby or 220 Swift? They just SOUND sexy!

That little 94 Winchester kicks like a mule and is as accurate as a nine iron. Other than that, it's OK, I guess?

Everybody has an opinion.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 06, 2021 05:25 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Dave;
I've dabbled a bit with black powder handguns but nothing serious. Just enough to know that you forget to grease the cylinder on a black powder wheel-gun once and you'll never forget again.

El Bee;
When you hunt with a recurve bow & pointed sticks, a 30-30 is pretty hi-tech. [Smile]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2021 12:01 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I want to ask a "theoretical" question. Not that I would ever consider something illegal! Of course not!

Having dismissed that idea, I'd like to know, just for curiosity sake alone....what is the availability of ammunition, in general, in Arizona? What do you have to do to buy boolets? Do you need to show an I.D.? If so, then what I am thinking wouldn't work. Because I was wondering if anywhere in this "free" country, like you know, before Democrats began fucking with basic civil rights, when you could walk into any Walmart and buy a gun and/or ammo without needing to show anything. Those were the days!

So, help me out, if I drive to AZ, and visit a gunshop, do they have plenty of ammo and I suppose I would be committing a felony by bringing it back, but do you have plenty ammo and can a non res buy ammo or not?

Good hunting. El Bee

edit: I'm pondering my defense. If I say that I am just exercising my rights in buying what I can get where ever I can find it because I have the right of self defense and The People's Republik has plotted to deny me access to ammo and without which, my gun is useless, and that was the whole idea, in the first place. Won't work, huh?

[ February 13, 2021, 12:06 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 13, 2021 05:56 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
And, yes, I'm a hoarder! So sue me!

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2021 10:35 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I just want to say that the first thing that will be withdrawn will be handgun ammo and the last thing will be whatever can be construed as for some type of hunting because the fucked up Media still equates the Second Amendment as "allowing" some forms of hunting, preferably for sustenance, food on the table.

So, if you have a mind to stock up, and with any kind of budgetary consideration, buy handgun ammunition. Because they are already beginning to rate or classify ammunition if it can be used in both rifle and handguns (bad) and other stuff that is only suitable for rifle.

Then, if you have a few extra bucks, you can buy certain popular categories, even if you don't happen to own that particular model. Or buy any rimfire, which at some point could be a medium of exchange. I know I sound like a doomsday sayer, but these things can happen. Look at the lockdown in New Zealand look at the buyback in Australia. It's NOT that radical to think it could never happen here. Biden is willing to use his pen and his phone to do some pretty outrageous things and risk being called on it.

While we are at it. I have a plastic shopping basket I stole from BasProShops and it is full of gun cleaning supplies. Sprays, solvents and oils, degreasers, bore cleaners, etceteras. This category is getting scarce and expensive! What used to be five bucks for a 16 oz can is now $15 for a 10-12 oz can. I don't know the reason for this other than supply and demand, and fleecing the public? But if you have a few bucks, stock up on gun solvents. I easily have about two hundred bucks stacked in that shopping cart, all different brands, some you have heard of and some "boutique" brands, ultra refined gun oils and lubricants. All I can say is: It can't hurt!

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2021 11:18 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
El Bee;
I'm getting mixed answers on the Ammo / I.D. question. Best bet might be to call a few gun shops in areas where one plans on 'vacationing' and chat with someone.

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2021 11:44 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I could do that, just to save a trip that turned out a waste of time and effort.

Here is some good advice. One time I was in a real bind with a trip and I knew conditions were pretty bad. I needed chains and couldn't find them in my size so I resorted to phone calls.

I talked to a guy out in San Bernardino and he said yup, we got 'em. So, I drove the 25-30 miles and there was a big display, a whole pallet of snow chains because they were letting vehicles up the pass that had chains and there were guys renting chains at pull outs just before the grade, and anyway, you already figured out that the SOB that told me he had those chains was full of shit! Yeah, I got his name but he was off.

The moral of the story, which I should have learned a long time ago, is that when you desperately need something and take assurances from minimum wage clerk, do not bet your life that he knows what he is talking about!

To really belabor the point, I will tell you another story about hitch hiking 156 miles to Reno to purchase a five dollar Timkin # 30208 because a Nissan dealer told me it cross referenced with a Datsun part number. But it didn't! That #30208 is sunk into my brain just as permanently as my service number which is RA19674076. I will never forget either number along with my social security # and my driver's license #, which it would be foolish to provide here.

So, will I drive 350 miles on the strength of assurances from a stranger at the other end of a phone. Doubtful, but I've done a lot of dumb things and there's no reason to think that I'll never do it again.

Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2021 01:29 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
"Wise decisions are the result of experience."
"Experience is the result of poor decisions."

Old Druid Proverb.

Now, honestly ....... How boring would our lives be if we never did anything foolish...... or dumb........ or downright stupid ?????

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 11 posted February 15, 2021 02:47 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
Are you trying to talk me into posting my SS# and my I.D. on the 'net?

edit: I'll have to think about it?

[ February 15, 2021, 02:47 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted February 15, 2021 03:44 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
No, but spur of the moment road trips that end poorly are usually the ones that are the most fun and you remember the most.

"You don't quit having fun because you get old. You get old because you quit having fun".

Another Old Druid saying. [Smile]

--------------------

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted February 16, 2021 10:20 AM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
I will say this about that.

The memorable hunts are not the perfect and successful hunt/trips.

The really memorable ones are when everything turns to shit. Breakdowns, flats, forgotten gear, and many times, bad weather. That's probably the most outstanding recall, really shitty weather and being miserable in it. I once drove 400 miles working the windshield wipes by hand when the linkage broke, you know, reaching out the window and pulling the arm back and forth, back and forth! Of course, it was to make checkin and we had no hope of finding the parts anywhere. And we made it with ten minutes to spare, didn't win but placed 2nd or 3rd, one or the other. The effort we used to put into those hunts just defy reason. No money involved, just belt buckles and trophies.

That also explains why you would venture forth knowing the weather would be bad and sane people would wait 'til next week. I have driven many hundreds of miles with only the front drive shaft connected, having a suspension lift raises hell with needle bearings because of the severe angles. My Dodge had the shittiest drum brakes, always needed adjustment but that truck had more than 500,000 miles on it and for several spans of time the odometer wasn't connected so who knows the actual miles? But, for the kind of night hunting we did, that rig was perfect.

Strolling Down Memory Lane
Good hunting. El Bee

--------------------
Don't piss me off!

All times are Pacific  
Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters