The New Huntmastersbbs!

my profile | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The New Huntmastersbbs!   » Calls and Gear forum   » Bill Martz, open invitation (Page 5)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Author Topic: Bill Martz, open invitation
Locohead
World Famous Smoke Dancer
Member # 15

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2008 07:43 PM      Profile for Locohead   Email Locohead         Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
It is really the whole .com coyote hunter mentality. Got me and AR, an e-caller, some fancy camo and a decoy or two. Now with my new video camera I am going out to bust me some yotes, make a movie about it and be famous. LMAO Does that sound familiar?
LOL HA HA HA Sounds familiar to me. I was that man about 5-7 years ago. You described me to a "T" except without an AR. Well Hell, it sounded like a better way to make a living than painting houses. Oh well, "sigh", guess I'll just be an ordinary average take the boys out on the weekends coyote hunter. "sigh" I am hoping to get my 10 year old Jacob's first coyote on video though! [Smile]

P.S. 5-7 years ago would of been a hell of a time to get into that market. Back then it was Johnny Stewart, Randy Anderson, brown haired Vic, and only a few others. Now there's a big ol' hairy spot dedicated to just calling coyotes at all the big hunter's paradise stores.

--------------------
I love my critters and chick!!!! :)

Posts: 2219 | From: CO | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
TOM64
Knows what it's all about
Member # 561

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2008 07:58 PM      Profile for TOM64           Edit/Delete Post 
"For the rest of the story" somehow Mike Dillon found out I wasn't happy with their CS and called me today to apologise and answer my questions. He is very concerned with CS and reaffirmed that to his employees.

For the record, yesterday they were swamped with orders for the fury and I was just kicking the tires. Maybe I should try to be a little more understanding...

Posts: 2283 | From: okieland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged
Dan Carey
unknown comic

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2008 08:22 PM            Edit/Delete Post 
Just buy the fury, you'll be happy with it.
IP: Logged
TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 03, 2008 08:28 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!]

--------------------
What if I told you, the left wing and right wing both belong to same bird!

Posts: 5064 | From: S.D. | Registered: Jan 2006  |  IP: Logged
Randy Roede
"It's Roede, like in Yotie
Member # 1273

Icon 7 posted December 07, 2008 07:49 AM      Profile for Randy Roede   Email Randy Roede         Edit/Delete Post 
Bill,
HUMPA,HUMPA!!!!!!

Thanks for making such a great caller!
HUMPA,HUMPA,HUMPA!!!!!

It works great!!!!
HUMPA,HUMPA,HUMPA!!!!!!

You and Pat, who is getting better looking everyday I might add, have always been there for all my questions and needs!!!

HUMPA,HUMPA, HUMPA, HUMPA,

Glad to see your posting here on this wonderful website!!

HUMPA, HUMPA, HUMPA, HUMPA,
Leonard, one for you!!
Humpa!!

Here is my pic. for this month. I will keep posting in accordance with our agreement!!
HUMPA HUMPA HUMPA HUMPA HUMPA almost there!!

-

P.S. uhh didn't get last months check?? You better not be holdin out on me you worthless,goll danged, pompis assed SOB!!!

--------------------
The only person dumber than the village idiot is the person who argues with him!

Posts: 669 | From: Pierre SD | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged
3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted December 19, 2008 05:32 PM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
Well, Glad to see you back up and running Leonard. I have been lucky enough to get one of the new Furys for testing and I have ran around to every gas and oil well in the county and most of the coal mines and even in town. I can't get a glitch of any kind to appear. It seems to be to be a way better remote than what we have had in the past. The older remotes had some issues with line of sight, and you had to set up accordingly. Not really a big problem once you realized the limitations. This one works everywhere that I have tried it. Over the hill, around the bend, whatever. I haven't tried any really long range testing because, well, because I'm lazy and its been cold. I will have a couple volunteers starting tommorrow (the kids are out of school) and I can have them pack the caller way out and away to see if it works and then bring it back. The sound quality with the mark 2 sounds is really good. I've been playing with some of the new sounds and they are considerably clearer and louder. I never had any problem calling and killing coyotes with the old ones, but maybe the new stuff will be even better. I realize that I'm not in the genius stature of Bill Martz, but I personally think that I have killed more coyotes than he has sold callers, and my opinion is that FoxPro has done good with the Fury and I think most everyone will like the new features and remote. (Some people aren't happy with anything and you can't please everybody!) [Big Grin]

[ December 21, 2008, 05:23 PM: Message edited by: 3 Toes ]

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Bill Martz
Member # 378

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2008 10:44 PM      Profile for Bill Martz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Martz         Edit/Delete Post 
3 Toes said:

"I've been playing with some of the new fury sounds and they are considerably clearer and louder."

Answer: The term clearer when applied to audio quality is not relative. Clearer to your ears just means the sound contains less artifacts. It does not mean the sound has fidelity which by the way would be impossible to achieve using a $3.57 alarm transducer in place of an audio speaker. The reason the fury sounds clear to your ears is because the clever dillon gang filters their sounds to mask the short cummings of the toy speaker used in their products which results in less then desireable audio fidelity. Also, how could their sounds be louder when they use the same voltage, current and speaker as used in their previous models? It looks like you will probably never be hired as an audio critic.

"I realize that I'm not in the genius stature of Bill Martz"

Answer: I'll second that.

"but I'm willing to bet I've killed more coyotes than he has sold callers,"

Answer: I'll take you up on that bet and give you 3 to 1 odds that you will lose the bet. Minimum bet will be $1000. Show up or shut up and bring documentation with you.

"and my opinion is that FoxPro has done good with the Fury"

Answer: I will admit it's a small step up from the their previous models which used a speech coder asic for 7 years that was designed exclusively for the toy industry. But I don't understand why the Dillon gang would use a $3.57 speaker in the signal chain of their newer products when they know that it will seriously degrade the sounds played thru it. But alas, I do know why they use the $3.57 alarm transducer in their product. Because they will attract more uneducated consumers because of size only. By the way, our KAS-2030MS is the same size and weight as the fury but has 3 times the volume and 3 times the fidelity and cost $100 less.

In closing, I think some one with all your coyote experience should have heard quite a few of them vocalize which should make you an expert at identifying coyote sounds. If that it the case, then why do you say that the new foxpro sounds are very good? I think you need to pay a visit to the ear doctor. If you want to reply to this post, please do. But no opinions, just facts.

Bill Martz

--------------------
Bill Martz
www.wildlifetech.com

Posts: 96 | From: NH | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged
Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 20, 2008 11:41 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
OH BOY.....

Hey, what about that kick ass remote?

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
HI, I'M THE NEW MODERATOR OF THE CENTRAL MISSOURI FORUM, PULL MY FINGER!
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2008 05:48 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
I have been trying hard to stay out of "stuff" lately. But I cant help it. Just an observation or two and a thought.

As for the bet, Im anxious to see how this goes....

My call shot craps a couple years ago and Ive been using mouth calls and patiently waiting to see a call I really want to buy. Been studying alot too.

Bill, I dont think its a secret that you come across as a brash ass online. I have heard that you give people that buy calls from you fantastic service though. A fella from Canada that I talk to some, and trust his opinion, swears by your calls and your service.

Another thing I have noticed, even among your biggest opponents online, its always a personal thing or brand war. Hardly anyone has anything bad to say about your caller or the quality. I think that speaks volumes.

Im not ready to pull the trigger just yet. However, I never thought I would say this two years ago, after studying and hearing several calls, Im leaning strongly toward a WT.

It kinda boils down to $600 for a Minaska, $600 for a Foxpro or $500 for a WT. For a little less money, you get more call, from what I can see.....

Edit: Made a misquote. Fixed it.

[ December 21, 2008, 05:59 AM: Message edited by: Andy L ]

--------------------
Andy

Posts: 2645 | From: Central Missouri | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2008 06:00 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
BTW, Im not humpin your leg just yet. (Both legs appear to be currently occupied by TA and Randy, LMAO) [Big Grin]

--------------------
Andy

Kokopelli
SENIOR DISCOUNT & Dispenser of Sage Advice
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2008 07:06 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Interesting wager; Note that 3TOES states that ".......I've 'killed' more coyotes than he has sold callers". To give 3 to 1 odds to a respected ADC guy with access to planes, getters, traps, dogs, calls, and for all I know, 1080 back in 'the day' is putting a lot of faith in him not having documentation with all of the T's dotted & the I's crossed.

Pass the popcorn.......this could get good!!!!!

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2008 08:16 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Kinda what Im thinkin KoKo. I wouldnt doubt the last 12 months numbers might suffice..... [Smile]

I got the beer, get your grubby hands off the popcorn and scoot over. I gotta see this too...
[Cool] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Andy

3 Toes
El Guapo
Member # 1327

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2008 09:03 AM      Profile for 3 Toes           Edit/Delete Post 
[Big Grin] I wouldn't trust you to be honest enough to make a bet like that with you Bill!

Once again I am the first to honestly admit that I have no experience with the "sound" business. The point I was trying to make is that with the ability to record and playback the 24 bit sounds that the caller "sounded" louder and clearer. As you stated, that is only an opinion and I have nothing more to back it up than that. I'm sure that to most of the guys around this board that is probably good enough. My main goal was to report that I couldn't find any interference with the remote. I live in gas and oil country and there are gas wells everywhere that are remotely radio controlled. And I have went right to them to try my caller and I haven't had any problems yet. If I do, I will report them honestly. It doesn't open or close garage doors either!
I have never stated anywhere that WT doesn't have a good product or sound library and I hope your new callers are successful, Bill. But you never cease to amaze me at the lengths you will go to to discredit the competition. If yours is truly a better product and you have better customer service, why not let that speak for itself rather than trying to make the rumor mill do the work for you?

Andy, the prices are all competitive right now with the Fury coming out. Make your own choice, but really, would you rather deal with Bill, or me! [Big Grin] Who do YOU trust? When I was working for Natrona county a few years ago they offered to buy me a caller. I tried to buy a WT. Foxpro hadn't really got going yet then. Just in trying to work with Bill over the phone to get the sounds I wanted, I finally gave up and hung up. That is how enjoyable the man is to work with. I was just a poor, dumb trapper with the opportunity for a zero cost to me WT and I couldn't even get through the ordering process with the guy.

[ December 21, 2008, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: 3 Toes ]

--------------------
Violence may not be the best option....
But it is still an option.

Posts: 1034 | From: out yonder | Registered: Apr 2007  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2008 09:23 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Cal, that goes without saying. Ive been chatting with you for years and there is no question of trust or belief when it comes to what you have to say.

Bill does come across as an ass online, no doubt. (Some say I do too. [Wink] ) Im sure Bill doesnt care anymore than I do about that part.

I guess your the first customer, or potential customer, I have heard that from? My memory aint what it used to be, so I could be wrong...

Like I said, Im in no hurry to buy anything. Actually, since hunting with Higgins, Im really enjoying using mouth calls. Different ballgame for me. And I dont care which electronic you get, none are lighter or more compact than a AP-6. [Razz] [Smile]

Ill keep chekin em out and see what happens. Like I said, I never thought two years ago I would be giving Bill the benifit of the doubt, but he does make a fine product, from what I have seen.

Hell, I may be spittin in the wind. I may be on the black list and not even considered worthy of a WT, never can tell.... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Andy

Bill Martz
Member # 378

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2008 09:43 AM      Profile for Bill Martz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Martz         Edit/Delete Post 
Hello 3 Toes

"Well, lets see, I have federal documentation for over 800 coyotes killed in my county from Sept 07 to Sept 08."

Response: No shooting from airplanes, no poison, no traps, no dogs and no fudging. How many did you kill while just using calls? I only want to compare apples to apples.

"I'm guessing that you will have to get out your printer and make a bunch of fake invoices to match that for the same time period. I wouldn't trust you to be honest enough to make a bet like that with you Bill!

Response: Our database is IRS certified unlike the kill documents turned in by some USDA trappers.

"The point I was trying to make is that with the ability to record and playback the 24 bit sounds that the caller "sounded" louder and clearer."

Response: 24 bit or even 16 bit sound is a waste of time in the foxpro because the signal chain doesn't even have the resolution to produce 8 bit sound. That's why I think that's you ought to visit the ear doctor. The reason that you think the fury is louder is because the human ear is most sensitive to frequencies between 1200cps and 2500 cps and also amplifies those frequencies by a factor of 3 to 4 times. In other words, some one is trying to decieve you. But that's ok with you because they let you pick your own sounds and tell you what a great guy you are.

"But you never cease to amaze me at the lengths you will go to to discredit the competition."

Response: In other words, If I state the FACTS (no opinions) I am a bad guy. But if I kissed the customers asses it's then ok to sell you them toy products.

"Just in trying to work with Bill over the phone to get the sounds I wanted, I finally gave up and hung up. That is how enjoyable the man is to work with. I was just a poor, dumb trapper with the opportunity for a zero cost to me WT and I couldn't even get through the ordering process with the guy."

Response: I guess we had a communication problem. Or maybe I know a little more about wildlife vocalizations than you do. And because of that I wouldn't let you pick incorrect sounds for your use. After all, I want our customers to be successful. But maybe for government work that's not neccessary.

--------------------
Bill Martz
www.wildlifetech.com

TA17Rem
Hello, I'm the legendary Tim Anderson, Field Marshall, Southern Minneesota Sector
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2008 09:55 AM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Bill [Big Grin]
The WT has been working really well for me this year i'm glad i bought one from you. The area i call in i can actually watch the coyotes and see how they respond to the WT and to hand calls.. The WT does truely reach way out there and pulls them in.. I like to call with the caller sitting next to me so i can then pick it up and sweep it from side to side. If the coyotes are located prior to going in and calling them i just point the caller in the direction i last heard them from and start calling..
But if i'm calling cold then i will sweep the caller from 9:00 to 3:00 positions and pick up more coyotes and haveing to make less stands.
There are alot of deer and other animals in my area and by watching there reactions i can tell how far the sound is reaching and the WT really reaches out there.. I also found that if you have a coyote thats way out there and not responding he maynot be hearing the caller and by moveing it side to side i can find a sweet spot where the coyote can hear it and then takes off in my direction, the sound travels kinda like a laser beam..Anyway the WT is working great and may get another this spring for my longer walks.. Thanks.. Tim A.

--------------------

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2008 11:25 AM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
DING! The statement was "I'm willing to bet I've KILLED more coyotes than he has sold callers".

Answer; "I'll take you up on that bet and give you 3 to 1 odds that you lose the bet..........."

Evidence of documentation is offered and the back peddling has begun.

Sounds to me that round one goes to 3Toes.

Andy; No more of that cheap popcorn, we need some good kettle-korn for this one.

--------------------
And lo, the Light of the Trump shown upon the Darkness and the Darkness could not comprehend it.

Posts: 7580 | From: Under a wandering star | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged
Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2008 11:32 AM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
Ill get it cookin KoKo... [Big Grin]

--------------------
Andy

Bill Martz
Member # 378

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2008 11:51 AM      Profile for Bill Martz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Martz         Edit/Delete Post 
Kokopelli

"Evidence of documentation is offered and the back peddling has begun."

Response: Either you are stupid or just trying to create an issue to liven up your life. In my reply to 3 Toes I was referring to wildlife calling as the tool to call and shoot coyotes. After all, our company manufactures wildlife callers. Not airplanes, traps, or poison. I know virtually all the usda trappers in every state of the US because most of them use our products which makes me a pretty good judge when it comes to coyote numbers harvested. In other words, I get to see the whole picture where you only have access to probably less then 1% of it.
Knowing that you will still see fit to display your ignorance, next time, before you speak consider this. The world is a bigger place than the one square block you live in. Same some money and do a little traveling. It will open up your eyes a little more.

[ December 21, 2008, 11:58 AM: Message edited by: Bill Martz ]

--------------------
Bill Martz
www.wildlifetech.com

Bill Martz
Member # 378

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2008 11:57 AM      Profile for Bill Martz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Martz         Edit/Delete Post 
3 Toes and Kokopelli

"Well, lets see, I have federal documentation for over 800 coyotes killed in my county from Sept 07 to Sept 08."

Response: Both of you would have lost the bet by at least a factor of 4. See what I mean about living in a one block world.

--------------------
Bill Martz
www.wildlifetech.com

Kokopelli
Member # 633

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2008 01:35 PM      Profile for Kokopelli   Author's Homepage           Edit/Delete Post 
Stupid???

Well, my short peckered friend, I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but I'm smart enough not to try to weasle out of a bet by changing the terms of it after the bet has been made. That's a social skill most of us learned back in grade school.

And as far as traveling.......I've sat on a tailgate and bs'ed with Krusty in Olympia & visited with Behle in McNeil. I consider the entire western United States to be my own personal playground. That's a pretty big square block.

--------------------

TA17Rem
Member # 794

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2008 01:48 PM      Profile for TA17Rem   Email TA17Rem         Edit/Delete Post 
Bill is'nt stupid. I understood his post from the get go. Bill knows Cal kills alot of coyotes with a plane and other tools, but his post and others are refering to called coyotes.
I did a little searching and found that most , but not all ADC trappers call and kill around 100-150 coyotes a year. Alot depends on the area and coyote numbers ...

--------------------

Andy L
Member # 642

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2008 01:52 PM      Profile for Andy L           Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
"but I'm willing to bet I've killed more coyotes than he has sold callers,"

Answer: I'll take you up on that bet and give you 3 to 1 odds that you will lose the bet. Minimum bet will be $1000. Show up or shut up and bring documentation with you.

Seems pretty straight forward to me. [Confused]

No hidden intent. Just a bet.

--------------------
Andy

Leonard
HMFIC
Member # 2

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2008 02:06 PM      Profile for Leonard   Author's Homepage   Email Leonard         Edit/Delete Post 
So, what? Do we need a committee to define exact language of this friendly wager?

Near as I can determine, in U.S. dollars, it is $1000 versus $3000. Now, did 3toes specify coyotes killed by any specific method and did Bill assume he meant "called" coyotes; and not necessarily including pups pulled out of a den, etc.?

Is this an imaginary bet, or for real, and if so, who will hold the money in escrow? Who would like to judge the data? Should be an odd number, to break ties....assuming this is not just idle chatter?

Good hunting. LB

[ December 21, 2008, 02:07 PM: Message edited by: Leonard ]

--------------------
EL BEE Knows It All and Done It All.
Don't piss me off!

Posts: 31462 | From: Upland, CA | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged
Bill Martz
Member # 378

Icon 1 posted December 21, 2008 02:09 PM      Profile for Bill Martz   Author's Homepage   Email Bill Martz         Edit/Delete Post 
Kokopelli

"Well, my short peckered friend, I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer but I'm smart enough not to try to weasle out of a bet by changing the terms of it after the bet has been made.

Response: Apparently you can't read or do basic math.

As I said in my previous post:

"Both of you would have lost the bet by at least a factor of 4. See what I mean about living in a one block world."

I really don't care if 3 Toes used planes, helicopters, poison, traps, foxpro calls, dead cows or voodoo. He would still lose the bet. If you want to push it some more, put your money where your mouth is. For the last time, either state facts or shut up.

"And as far as traveling.......I've sat on a tailgate and bs'ed with Krusty in Olympia & visited with Behle in McNeil. I consider the entire western United States to be my own personal playground. That's a pretty big square block."

Response: I am happy to see that you are enlarging your world but, Mcneil AZ and Olympia WA only constitute approx. 1/9,900,000 of the earths surface. I think you have a long ways to go.

--------------------
Bill Martz
www.wildlifetech.com

All times are Pacific
This topic comprises 8 pages: 1  2  3  4  5  6  7  8 

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Huntmasters